Brits guessing how much healthcare costs in America

Muji

VIP

Hehehehe

Imagine having a baby cost this much.

My lord what a savage country. Even the most hardened capitalist agrees that you need for and healthy workers and see free healthcare as an investment.

I wonder how many Americans die a year as a result of an untreated cold.

Tbh, I don't know. It probably cost an arm and leg when it comes to healthcare Across the pond.

giphy.gif

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Lol it’s not as bad as you’re thinking, first of all Somalis pay zero because a lot of them claim to be poor, anyone making less than 20k a year gets a free healthcare. Do you really think Somalis will be having 10 kids if it cost 10k :siilaanyolaugh:

I personally get good healthcare through my company, I pay less than 300 for full coverage with 30 dollar co pay. When you are choosing a company to work for you have to look into their benefits, it’s as important as your salary lol

Exodus

Alienist
Flipside, working in the NHS is such a shit deal. Overworked and underpaid, which is why people are leaving. And with the cuts, privatization of the NHS isn't a fantasy anymore.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Lol it’s not as bad as you’re thinking, first of all Somalis pay zero because a lot of them claim to be poor, anyone making less than 20k a year gets a free healthcare. Do you really think Somalis will be having 10 kids if it cost 10k :siilaanyolaugh:

I personally get good healthcare through my company, I pay less than 300 for full coverage with 30 dollar co pay. When you are choosing a company to work for you have to look into their benefits, it’s as important as your salary lol
How can people even think this is normal? The only jobs in the UK where that's the norm is the tri-sevice (Navy, RAF and Army).

Flipside, working in the NHS is such a shit deal. Overworked and underpaid, which is why people are leaving.
Nurses have it the worst it's a job not worth even thinking about. Salaries are generally alright but the workload is horrible due to the conservative government underfunding the NHS for a long time.

Tukraq

VIP
No free lunch, UK pays for it through taxes so it’s a question of do you want to pay a rare one time injury fee, or a constant major portion of your income being taken out by the government, I for example haven’t payed for healthcare in years nor has any of my taxes gone to it, so I’m the only one having technically no health care cost

No free lunch, UK pays for it through taxes so it’s a question of do you want to pay a rare one time injury fee, or a constant major portion of your income being taken out by the government, I for example haven’t payed for healthcare in years nor has any of my taxes gone to it, so I’m the only one having technically no health care cost
Unless you get hit with something severe.
But generally its not about myself that much but more that everyone gets their basic needs, if everyone its heatthy and happy, it makes better and safer communites

Tukraq

VIP
Unless you get hit with something severe.
But generally its not about myself that much but more that everyone gets their basic needs, if everyone its heatthy and happy, it makes better and safer communites
Look at the money your taking out of the economy through taxes for a service the private sector can cover though

Exodus

Alienist
How can people even think this is normal? The only jobs in the UK where that's the norm is the tri-sevice (Navy, RAF and Army).

Nurses have it the worst it's a job not worth even thinking about. Salaries are generally alright but the workload is horrible due to the conservative government underfunding the NHS for a long time.
My brother worked in the NHS as a junior doctor and it's such a raw deal. 60 hour+ work weeks, oncall for the weekends at any time, and the stress of knowing if you f*ck up someone could die. Less than 1 month of Annual leave + working on public holidays.

All for £22,000 a year after 6 years of schooling.

He left after 2 years to the Gulf, it takes a lot out of your mental health

Skin on skin contact is hilarious and wtf?

Forget healthcare but apparently, US colleges can go up to $26k for out of state tuition fees only, forget living costs as well. Interest rates are mad high aswell. Public universities increased their fees by a total of 27% over the five years. Anything in the USA will bankrupt you, I was talking to my cousin from the USA and she was telling me stuff like this and wtf. England is horrible with student loans but wayyyyyy better than the USA.
Thank god where I live tuition fees are free you only pay back maintenance loans with no interests:rejoice:

NotMyL

VIP

It’s pretty screwed up but Americans already pay high federal and state taxes and they don’t wanna pay more taxes.
So when you are filing for your tax refund you don’t need a proof of health insurance? Because in MN we get fined for it.

Tukraq

VIP
It’s pretty screwed up but Americans already pay high federal and state taxes and they don’t wanna pay more taxes.

So when you are filing for your tax refund you don’t need a proof of health insurance? Because in MN we get fined for it.
Obama care policies got scraped by trump I’m pretty sure you don’t have to be insured

Tukraq

VIP
Skin on skin contact is hilarious and wtf?

Forget healthcare but apparently, US colleges can go up to $26k for out of state tuition fees only, forget living costs as well. Interest rates are mad high aswell. Public universities increased their fees by a total of 27% over the five years. Anything in the USA will bankrupt you, I was talking to my cousin from the USA and she was telling me stuff like this and wtf. England is horrible with student loans but wayyyyyy better than the USA.
Thank god where I live tuition fees are free you only pay back maintenance loans with no interests:rejoice:
Private schools and for profit college system is why America has better universities and higher education than the UK and Europe, it’s also not a need anyways to get college education which doesn’t help you outside being a doctor or teacher anyways so it’s basically a choice to get into that debt, you can always choose not to go

NotMyL

VIP
Obama care policies got scraped by trump I’m pretty sure you don’t have to be insured
That’s for tax return 2020 but did you pay a fee for 2019 tax return when Obamacare was still in effect?

Look at the money your taking out of the economy through taxes for a service the private sector can cover though
Private corporation shouldnt be involved in anything related to heatlthcare, they will always put profit over people. Look at insulin 300 DOLLARS for a single pump. Thats the kind of shit that happens when 3 corporation supply 95% of all insulin. The marked should never be involved in something as vital as human health

Trending