Breitbrat: Somalis the least educated refugees arriving 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with zero education is the second and third generation Somalis will struggle. I mean look, most Somalis are like AAs now and extremely ghetto
thats becouse their parents are trash. trash people raise trash. you never see anyone like that on this site becouse they had REAL parents who cared for them.

This is a severe simplification. The Somali writing looks daunting, and it's not easy to sound out or to even understand half the words you're trying to sound out, cuz they don't appear in regular heard speech. Have u ever tried reading an article?

It doesn't come in applicable for the average Somali young person living in the diaspora to make the extra effort, and most ppl aren't arsed to teach it. Too bad.
Yes I have, I can't understand the problem. It's literally the same as reading English if not even easier, the only missing element is the aid of quick recognition-you can read English words without really 'reading' because at a quick glance you remember the word and how to say it. Because we tend to be more fluent in English than Somali, reading is slower. Its only a matter of practice.

Yes I have, I can't understand the problem. It's literally the same as reading English if not even easier, the only missing element is the aid of quick recognition-you can read English words without really 'reading' because at a quick glance you remember the word and how to say it. Because we tend to be more fluent in English than Somali, reading is slower. Its only a matter of practice.
i never thought of that. i always had problem with reading somali since it takes me an hour to sound out words. maybe if i read books written in somali id have an easier time after some practise.

No this I will karbaash those AA's without any love kkk.

I'm not homophobic abaayo just like proclaiming it kkk.
Adi horta you end every sentence with 'kkk':what1:

160630-kkk-after-150-embed-2.jpg

VixR

Veritas
Well if you're not fluent to the level of what you're reading, there's no reinforcement on the pronunciation or meaning to facilitate that kind of useful feedback. If there was a Rosetta Stone, I'd take it.
Adi horta you end every sentence with 'kkk':what1:

160630-kkk-after-150-embed-2.jpg
lol everyone uses that so much I've noticed myself starting to after the fact.

It sounds nothing like laughing :dead:

Last edited:
I love how xoolo in the West are complaining about 'the lack of education' of people who have been lucky to have even held on to something resembling a civilisation after being in conflict for so long. Say what you will but the dugsi structure is one of hope. Look at how these children are taught - the structure, the discipline, the commitment. Those are tools for learning that the xoolo in the West don't have after years of being begged and spoonfed by their teachers. All these young Somali kids need is a teacher - that's it. They have the will to learn but no means. And you guys have the audacity to be ashamed?

I am proud of dadkeyga. I am proud that they are bilingual/biliterate. I am proud that they are disciplined and value seeking knowledge - even if it is religious knowledge. These are the characteristics of scholars. Give them a science book and they will cure cancer I swear.

Somalis are under attack everywhere. It's not just on right wing sites. I was reading a book by Paul Collier, a respected Oxford economist, when I came across this little snide passage:

To think concretely, consider immigration from a low-income country in which the social model is manifestly highly dysfunctional, namely Somalia. For any host society the first ten thousand Somali immigrants are likely to provide a pleasing gain in cultural variety and little else. But immigration that increases a culturally separate Somali diaspora from one million to two million would bring little additional gain in variety, while weakening mutual regard and giving significant weight to a bad social model.
/QUOTE]

Somali kids that are sent to dugsi here excel academically just as well as their peers. The reason children back home don't get regular education is because of poverty and lack of resources. We shouldn't mock them for what they don't have. What parent would let their kid skip education? Even the most poorest parent in the village wants their kids to go to school, but the reality is our country is in complete shambles and is recovering from war that lasted 25+ years. People don't even have anything to eat let alone worry about school.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?
What I don't understand is that an English speaking school in Galkacyo (Yamays) is only $6 a month per child and there discounts for the more kids you have. Why then are our kids without education. I think the problem Breitbart is raising is the lack of a proper education by the western sense not the lack of education. Simply speaking they consider the Somali education system as the equivalent of not knowing anything.

I love how xoolo in the West are complaining about 'the lack of education' of people who have been lucky to have even held on to something resembling a civilisation after being in conflict for so long. Say what you will but the dugsi structure is one of hope. Look at how these children are taught - the structure, the discipline, the commitment. Those are tools for learning that the xoolo in the West don't have after years of being begged and spoonfed by their teachers. All these young Somali kids need is a teacher - that's it. They have the will to learn but no means. And you guys have the audacity to be ashamed?

I am proud of dadkeyga. I am proud that they are bilingual/biliterate. I am proud that they are disciplined and value seeking knowledge - even if it is religious knowledge. These are the characteristics of scholars. Give them a science book and they will cure cancer I swear.

What a load of horse shitt kkkkk
Kulaha give them a science book and they will cure cancer :drakelaugh::cryinglaughsmiley:

Say what you will but the dugsi structure is one of hope
Quranic schools1.jpg

Smashing a Bookorad on a young child's head just because they uttered a word wrong is giving them hope La xawla, it's becoming clearer by day we are Doomed utterly utterly doomed z3zrULC

Our literature is phonetic, you do not need to be taught how to read and write in it, especially as an English speaker. Somethings wrong if you can't sound out a word like caano and need someone to teach you lol.

That's a dumb excuse most of the latin script doesn't even correlate to how they sound in somali. How are you suppose to know what each and every letter sound like lmao Obviously you need someone to tell you that C ------> ع

What about people who's native language isn't english? it's silly. Do you actually think the average diaspora kid is going to sit down and teach themselves the somali script when they can barely speak the language? LOL

@VixR brought up some good points too

Their job is to teach the religion, not the Somali language. It's a mosque you genius.

:ayaanswag:

I know friend :ayaanswag: way to miss my point, my point was that you grow up learning a foreign script before you're own, isn't that disgraceful? I don't know if any of y'all have been to an asian dugsi but I guarantee that they teach Urdu alongside arabic

That is a problem for your parents not yours or your dugsi quran. The dugsi is to teach Islam and Quran and to do that you must learn Arabic (read/write), your home is to learn the language of your parents. Here is some advice: When reading Somali its the English script with Arabic prounciation so just read Somali like your reading the transliteration of an Arabic text. I've been doing it so much that when I'm memorising the Quran I write it in the Somali latin script, I suggest you do the same (but with a different text seeing that you are Atheist).

I'm fine thank you :drakekidding:

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
What a load of horse shitt kkkkk
Kulaha give them a science book and they will cure cancer :drakelaugh::cryinglaughsmiley:

Say what you will but the dugsi structure is one of hope
View attachment 11055

Smashing a Bookorad on a young child's head just because they uttered a word wrong is giving them hope La xawla, it's becoming clearer by day we are Doomed utterly utterly doomed z3zrULC
completely missing the point, intentionally I'd imagine. these are ur ppl, just because ur an atheist now doesn't mean u get triggered by any mention of anything islamic, caadi iska dhig

u ever see a dugsi back home? the discipline and willingness to learn of those kids is second to none...that was the point. adigana ur talking about bakoorad iyo wax loo jeedin :drakewtf:

completely missing the point, intentionally I'd imagine. these are ur ppl, just because ur an atheist now doesn't mean u get triggered by any mention of anything islamic, caadi iska dhig

u ever see a dugsi back home? the discipline and willingness to learn of those kids is second to none...that was the point. adigana ur talking about bakoorad iyo wax loo jeedin :drakewtf:
f*ck dugsi gang nigga :4uzpnkt:
My macalin was a ass nigga and I'd call him a to his face :4uzpnkt:

That's a dumb excuse most of the latin script doesn't even correlate to how they sound in somali. How are you suppose to know what each and every letter sound like lmao Obviously you need someone to tell you that C ------> ع

What about people who's native language isn't english? it's silly. Do you actually think the average diaspora kid is going to sit down and teach themselves the somali script when they can barely speak the language? LOL

@VixR brought up some good points too

I know friend :ayaanswag: way to miss my point, my point was that you grow up learning a foreign script before you're own, isn't that disgraceful? I don't know if any of y'all have been to an asian dugsi but I guarantee that they teach Urdu alongside arabic

I'm fine thank you :drakekidding:
c being ع is a given, I didn't even have to bring it up.

There is no Somali script. It's just phonetic latin. It's not something that needs to be taught, you can figure it out on your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts