BREAKING! Venezuela Has Voted To Incorporate Disputed Territory In Neighbouring Country Guyana!

brother if Ethiopia was drilling oil in Galbeed and the brave halgaans hasn’t stopped them then they would be stealing Somalia’s oil. Guyana is a fascist British state that stole land from Suriname and Venuzuela. It needs to go back to its actual borders and not the made up one they were given.

No, it's not the same comparison with Somalia/Galbeed, as I explained in my previous posts.

At this point, Venezuela should accept status-quo as their permanent borders. The people of Guayana Esequiba have been part of Guyana (and its predecessor British Guayana state) for more than 200 years. They have more in common in terms of language, culture, ethnicites etc. with their fellow Guayanas than Venezuelans.

Calling Guayana a fascist state due to the British is akin to rendering Venezuela the same, since they were also the creation of the Spaniards during the colonial times.

Exxon mobil were granted oil blocks just offshore within Esequibo's EEZ. Uncle Sam is likely to intervene in this conflict.

GAiFRjbXQAAT-hg.jpeg

actually, the theft of the land from Venezuela was less than 200 years ago.

The disputes technically started in 1814 with the anglo-dutch treaty, as the British were transferred the territory from the Dutch, that didn't demarcate any western borders. But it was only in 1819 with the establishment of Gran Columbia (predecessor of Venezuela, first independent after Spanish colony) that the first president Simon Bolivar began condemning the British for their presence in Guayana Esequiba. To my understanding, it has never been part of an independent Venezuela.

Last edited:
The disputes technically started in 1814 with the anglo-dutch treaty, as the British were transferred the territory from the Dutch, that didn't demarcate any western borders. But it was only in 1819 with the establishment of Gran Columbia (predecessor of Venezuela, after declaring to be separate from Spain) that the first president Simon Bolivar began condemning the British for their presence in Guayana Esequiba. To my understanding, it has never been part of an independent Venezuela.

there were British there who were violating the border but I think it was late 1840's or after when they actually claimed it was part of their territory.

Yeah, it was in 1831 when British Guaya was formally established and onwards.

that's when it was established but I think I read that that area wasn't put onto their map until late 1840's- and even then I think it was a point of contention. and I would assume Venezuela was independent by that time.

that's when it was established but I think I read that that area wasn't put onto their map until late 1840's- and even then I think it was a point of contention. and I would assume Venezuela was independent by that time.

It could be possible. The Schomburgk line that the British (and its successor state) claim until today, was issued in the early 1840s.

one thing that annoys me.... the western imperialists have a better propaganda machine (btw I use that term in the original neutral sense)..... this causes a real hassle but I'm expecting Venezuela and their friends will be pumping out more material giving their case... and I do think they have a legitimate case... why should they accept a British theft of their land? many post-colonial nations have a similar problem and I think a win for Venezuela in this case is a win for all nations wanting to undo colonial-imposed land theft

yes, I thought it was late 1840's but it was 1841. and the Venezuela gov was already fighting it then.

"El conflicto comenzó en 1841 cuando el Gobierno de Venezuela protestó lo que consideró una invasión británica en territorio venezolano"

Of course, they disputed the borders. You have to take into consideration that it was not fully Venezuelan either from the beginning, if I recall correctly. It came as a result of a failure of demarcation.

Of course, they disputed the borders. You have to take into consideration that it was not fully Venezuelan either from the beginning, if I recall correctly. It came as a result of a failure of demarcation.

". El ministro venezolano en Londres, José Rafael Revenga, por instrucciones de Simón Bolívar, presentó la denuncia oficial a las autoridades británicas en los siguientes términos: "Los colonos de Demerara y Berbice tienen usurpada una gran porción de tierra que según los últimos tratados entre España y Países Bajos nos pertenece del lado del río Esequibo. Es absolutamente indispensable —termina diciendo el diplomático venezolano— que dichos colonos o se pongan bajo jurisdicción y obediencia de nuestras leyes, o se retiren a sus antiguas posesiones".

no, this was legit part of Venezuela. this whole thing follows the pattern of anglos stealing land from Latin people- which itself follows the larger pattern of anglos stealing people's land in general.

one thing that annoys me.... the western imperialists have a better propaganda machine (btw I use that term in the original neutral sense)..... this causes a real hassle but I'm expecting Venezuela and their friends will be pumping out more material giving their case... and I do think they have a legitimate case... why should they accept a British theft of their land? many post-colonial nations have a similar problem and I think a win for Venezuela in this case is a win for all nations wanting to undo colonial-imposed land theft

They surely have a case. But where do you think we should start and end with injustices from the colonial artificial states?

We might as well redraw all countries established as successors from former British, Spanish, Portuguese, French etc. colonial territories.

If they still have ties to former region in the sense of kinship due to language, ethnicity, culture etc, then by all means. But it could set a huge precedent.

Just looking at our region, we have a lunatic leader in Ethiopia who feel entitled to coastal area that they claim to be historically theirs and stepped up war rhetorics as of late, mainly Eritrea but they've also mentioned Somalia/Djibouti. This will spiral out of control.

chatgpt: The territory of Guyana Esequiba has long been a point of contention between Venezuela and Guyana. The dispute dates back to the 19th century and has escalated in recent years, with both countries claiming sovereignty over the region. However, history, international law, and geographical factors all firmly establish that Guyana Esequiba rightfully belongs to Venezuela.

Historically, the territory of Guyana Esequiba was part of the Captaincy General of Venezuela, a Spanish colonial administrative division established in the 18th century. When Venezuela gained its independence from Spain in 1811, the territory remained under Venezuelan control. It wasn't until the controversial 1899 Arbitral Award that Guyana Esequiba was handed over to British Guiana, now known as Guyana. This decision was made by an international tribunal, the majority of whose members were not impartial, with biased representation favoring the British Empire. Venezuela never officially recognized this award and has consistently maintained its rightful claim to the territory.

From a legal standpoint, several treaties and agreements support Venezuela's claim to Guyana Esequiba. The 1966 Geneva Agreement, which was signed by both Venezuela and Guyana, established a framework for resolving the border dispute. The agreement explicitly states that the territory is the subject of the dispute, essentially acknowledging that the land is contested. Furthermore, the 1905 Agreement between the United Kingdom and Venezuela clearly defined the borders of British Guiana, excluding the disputed territory from British possession.

Geographically, Guyana Esequiba is interconnected with Venezuela. The region shares many cultural, historical, and social ties with Venezuela, and its people identify more closely with Venezuela than with Guyana. Additionally, the natural resources present in the territory, including gold, diamonds, and oil, make it an economically valuable area. This further solidifies Venezuela's claim to the territory, as the exploitation of these resources falls under Venezuelan jurisdiction.

Moreover, the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) provides a legal framework for the determination of maritime boundaries. In accordance with UNCLOS, Venezuela has the right to claim an exclusive economic zone (EEZ) and a continental shelf in the disputed territory. This further bolsters Venezuela's rightful claim to Guyana Esequiba.

In recent years, the dispute over Guyana Esequiba has intensified, with Guyana awarding oil exploration contracts in the region. Such actions have inflamed tensions between the two countries and further complicated efforts to resolve the dispute. It is imperative that the international community recognizes the historical and legal basis of Venezuela's claim and supports a fair and just resolution to the conflict.

In conclusion, the historical, legal, and geographical evidence overwhelmingly supports Venezuela's rightful claim to Guyana Esequiba. The territory was unjustly awarded to British Guiana in an international tribunal tainted by biased representation, and Venezuela has never relinquished its claim to the region. The treaties and agreements, including the 1966 Geneva Agreement and the 1905 Agreement between the United Kingdom and Venezuela, explicitly acknowledge the contested nature of the territory. Furthermore, the geographical and cultural ties between Guyana Esequiba and Venezuela, as well as the presence of valuable natural resources, further strengthen Venezuela's claim. It is time for the international community to recognize and respect Venezuela's sovereignty over Guyana Esequiba and support a fair and just resolution to the longstanding dispute.

Last edited:
Just looking at our region, we have a lunatic leader in Ethiopia who feel entitled to coastal area that they claim to be historically theirs, mainly Eritrea but they've also mentioned Somalia/Djibouti. This will spiral out of control.

I wish Somalis, Eritreans and other neighboring peoples who have been wronged by Ethiopia the utmost success in winning their rights against Ethiopia.

If we say we dissolve all former Spanish colonies.... this is just anti everyone in Latin America basically, I think it's nonsensical. But returning the territory the Brits stole from Venezuela, I think it makes sense just like returning the Ogaden to Somalia.

I wish Somalis, Eritreans and other neighboring peoples who have been wronged by Ethiopia the utmost success in winning their rights against Ethiopia.

If we say we dissolve all former Spanish colonies.... this is just anti everyone in Latin America basically, I think it's nonsensical. But returning the territory the Brits stole from Venezuela, I think it makes sense just like returning the Ogaden to Somalia.

It sounds like a reasonable take. I'm just conflicted as to the people that will be separated against their will. If Venezuela were smart, they would've tried to gain the support from the locals or at least insensitive them in some way.

Maduro is a criminal and a shaitan but Venezuela is in the right.

GUUL VENUZUELA
Venezuela has no right to steal 70% of its neighbour's territory because they discovered oil. I hope the evil bustard Maduro gets decapitated.

Ultimately, when we look back... 50 years from now... I think this will be a marker in the pendulum swinging back from colonialism- from a dark period of Western domination. Venezuela's move is controversial, I understand.

But I believe this is a part of the pendulum swinging back from colonialism and I think of the Berlin conference and of other instances.... where the Europeans could just draw lines on the map and dictate to the rest of us our borders.

The process of undoing this... which is a natural outgrowth of the pendulum swinging back from colonialism... the process will be controversial, it will be bloody but it will ultimately be a stage in the process of the pendulum swinging back.

I'm listening to Maduro give a talk (I'd post it but it's not in English)... and one thing is so many of us had written him off as... just someone in the shadow of Hugo Chávez. Whether we love him or hate him (and I hate him for the sake of Allah)... I think he's going down as a big historical figure for this.

Chávez and then Maduro claimed to be continuers of Bolívar... I think Venezuela has walked the talk now. I don't think this ends how the US would want it. Look at Ukraine. Putin and Xi are behind Maduro. I'm against Communism/Marxism and I don't agree with Maduro's politics... but I think this will be a big victory of Latin America and the Third World against the West. And I do think it will be a victory for the Third World. I believe this will be a nail in the coffin of the days when the Europeans could dictate to the rest of us.

At this point, Somalia should accept status-quo as their permanent borders. The people of Galbeed have been part of Ethiopia (and its predecessor Abysinnia ) for more than 200 years. They have more in common in terms of language, culture, ethnicites etc. with their fellow Ethiopians than Somalis.

Trending

Latest posts