BREAKING: The land of punt has been found

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Why was this moved to Somali politics and not Culture and history?

:draketf:

@admin move it to culture and history, this is our heritage.
It's a fake news.
images (17).jpeg

shum33

Somaliland supremacy
Of course there was, you have been flooding the market with vices from hell. Puntland is a solid name. Ciidamada daraawiishta is also a solid name. This is part of a rich regional history we can’t allow them to be misappropriated.

This desperate attempt is not different than the Isaaq who scream about creating the Somali flag.
Puntland was one of the possible name before they decided on somaliland but guess who came in and took our left overs like always?

Ciidamada daraawiishta?!! :mjlol:didn't you cousin the nad ruler call you women and said you'll never enter janah

you copy everything we do!! you painted a cave with crayons to copy laas geel

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
I still don't understand why they'd call a region of Somalia after an ancient kingdom that hasn't been confirmed to even be in Somalia :mindblown:

Somalis have a habit of building their identity upon lies and myths

Why does it need to be confirmed by others, one simply knows his history.

With that said i say all maamuls qobols etc...

Must rename them to ancient names, it will make future tourism booming if it is combined with luxury resorts etc.

I still don't understand why they'd call a region of Somalia after an ancient kingdom that hasn't been confirmed to even be in Somalia :mindblown:

Somalis have a habit of building their identity upon lies and myths
Puntland is a random name. I doubt any of the creators knew what the land of Punt was.

what history did MJ have before 1800?

you stole the name Puntland from us,its worth having cause you only copy those better than you
You can't compare Isaaq which is a whole tribe with earlier abtirsi to Majerteen which is a sub clan of Harti. Before the 1700s I believe, MJs were simply a tiny sub clan of Harti and at that time, Harti were a united entity as we were to small to be independent. When Harti Sub clans grew their numbers, they became more independent clans and branched off. MJs went their way, Dhubahantes and Warsangelis went their ways and formed their owned entities. That's how Somali clans were, they were a single entity when they were young and small, when they grow their number and years past, they branch off and form their own entities.

Last edited:

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
awesome archeological discovery but their needs to be some scientific research and unearthing for this to be verified hopefully when the country is stable this can happen. Until then its pure speculations

Nostalgia

DEACTIVATED!
@Karim
I'm interested in ancient Egyptians and their relationehip with us. Since there are evidence of trading between the two countries, it's more logical north Somalia modern day Somaliland was where they refer to as Punt.

It has nothing to do with qabil, don't know why people are making it into that. Our land is described as rich in natural resources and we used to be good trading and business. Also described by ancient egyptians as 'Land of God' and they were impressed by our uunsi made from resins.

shum33

Somaliland supremacy
You can't compare Isaaq which is a whole tribe with earlier abtirsi to Majerteen which is a sub clan of Harti. Before the 1700s I believe, MJs were simply a tiny sub clan of Harti and at that time, Harti were a united entity as we were to small to be independent. When Harti Sub clans grew their numbers, they became more independent clans and branched off. MJs went their way, Dhubahantes and Warsangelis went their ways and formed their owned entities. That's how Somali clans were, they were a single entity when they were young and small, when they grow their number and years past, they branch off and form their own entities.
Like how most people talk about “isaaq history”
Darood history was mentioned at the same time isaaq history was recorded

how do we know those statues are not fake?

remember the dude who was caught faking dinosaur bones by taking elephant bones and painting some black tea on them?

this could be a ruse to create a tourism sector for all we know and must be investigated if they are real, sounds too perfect, the statues all seem perfect, too clean, in perfect order after 3500 years?

Trending

Latest posts