BREAKING: Somalia, Somaliland to resume talks in Djibouti

Americans have an interest in Berbera to make a military base & obviously they are not going to recognise Somaliland as they believe in the territorial integrity of Somalia & also they don’t want another Muslim nation to be added to Africa especially in the strategic Gulf of Aden/Bab El Mandeb.

So I hope Reer SL take these negotiations & make sure they take proper representation in the SFG.

US did not lift arms embargo for no reason & pushed debt relief for no reason. US got military concessions & UK got oil/economic concessions. There is no free lunch in this world.

Muse Bihi & HSM & IOG see eye to eye on one thing. To never ever have a Darood president ever again in Somalia. This time it’ll be though political party coalitions of North (Isaaq) and South (Hawiye/RX).

It’s in our interests to be on the good side of the West & cut out the Arab Middlemen. Our biggest mistake ever was allying with the Soviets.
I agree that the US has a vested interest in Somalia, I just never heard them push for the two political party system

Like @Chaseyourdreamzz said, I don’t think it’ll be this simple to sideline Daarood as they’re making it out to be. If this sort of political arrangement happens it would be legitimate grounds for secession from Puntland

I know that nobody in the world recognize this call for independence, but I know the international community wouldn’t want to deal with the headache of a new secessionist movement

Plus I don’t even think they’ll be able to lump everyone into just two political parties. The country’s to divide to create only two parties when qabils even have issues with themselves at the sub clan level

I agree that the US has a vested interest in Somalia, I just never heard them push for the two political party system

Like @Chaseyourdreamzz said, I don’t think it’ll be this simple to sideline Daarood as they’re making it out to be. If this sort of political arrangement happens it would be legitimate grounds for secession from Puntland

I know that nobody in the world recognize this call for independence, but I know the international community wouldn’t want to deal with the headache of a new secessionist movement

Plus I don’t even think they’ll be able to lump everyone into just two political parties. The country’s to divide to create only two parties when qabils even have issues with themselves at the sub clan level
Daaroods themselves aren’t even united politically every sub clan has their own interests tbh two party system would be a political headache for Somalia

Daaroods themselves aren’t even united politically every sub clan has their own interests tbh two party system would be a political headache for Somalia
Exactly, and the funny thing is this could have the opposite effect and actually bring Daaroods together. Nothing is a better unifier than a common enemy, and being sidelined politically would do just that

Trending

Latest posts