Breaking news : Seahawks player dead after a hard hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
NFL = modern-day gladiators.

American football is barbaric. No wonder the rest of the world prefers ''soccer'' over American football.

NFL = modern-day gladiators.

American football is barbaric. No wonder the rest of the world prefers ''soccer'' over American football.

A wise man broke it down to me as follows:

A Sport in the truest sense is one that practices War skills. If you look back to the original Greek Olympics you had Wrestling, javalin throwing, archery etc etc

Football is a physical game or attrition, taking ground from your opponent. In that sense, Football is more of a "sport" than Soccer.

Apollo

VIP
A wise man broke it down to me as follows:

A Sport in the truest sense is one that practices War skills. If you look back to the original Greek Olympics you had Wrestling, javalin throwing, archery etc etc

Football is a physical game or attrition, taking ground from your opponent. In that sense, Football is more of a "sport" than Soccer.

Would you let your kid play it at an advanced level? I think not. See the double standard.

Countless studies confirm that it gives you long term brain damage. Sport should be something that promotes a healthy life. It should not be detrimental.

Status
Not open for further replies.