BREAKING NEWS: Russia calls for arms embargo on Somalia to be lifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, Somalia's problems aren't from outside but inside. Our enemies are merely taking advantage of a situation that has arisen from Somali tribalism and incompetence. Just look at the joker whose first response is to use those weapons on other Somalis. Sure, he's half joking, but his mentality is symptomatic of Somalia's inability to stand on its own two legs and I feel it will never recover. You can survive without natural resources and even prosper, but as a nation you can't flourish with such a toxic population.

This is true sxb, I agree. But with true Somali patriots and nationalists at the helm along with full Russian support we could literally crush people who try to weaken the state through clannism or any anti-state political or religious ideology. That's what happens in Chechnya. Kadyrov, the supreme leader of Chechnya, literally has the green light from Moscow to kill any opposition, such as rival Chechen warlords who want to take over or Jihadi-Wahhabis who came to the country in the 90's to take part in the Chechen-Russian wars. Chechnya is now more peaceful than it has ever been.

BANTU

+op MVLI
As long as the weapons are sold to the Somali Army & no one else, then it's all good. Al kebab's days are numbered.

:obamaswag:
You do realize if you don't pay them a good wage, the Armed Forces will just sell the weapons second hand. It's the Somali way after all. Plus the fact there are still many tribal militias on the ground, supported by the FGS.

Very easy to solve, just make an inventory list to see who sells their weapons.

That doesn't solve anything. It's still gone whether or not they are able to figure out who sold it. There'll be hundreds of sold weaponry.

I hope they don't lift that arms embargo. There are enough guns in the hands of crazy people

BANTU

+op MVLI
Very easy to solve, just make an inventory list to see who sells their weapons.
Every clan is involved in the corruption. What clan member is going to rat out their tol?

You're too idealistic. Somalia's paper government and paper Army can't stand on their own.

About those worrying that the arms going to al shabaab Somalia can acquire Small arms since ~2013 it's the heavy arms like tanks & aircraft that we can't acquire and I don't think al shabaab knows how to use helicopters and tanks :what1: considering Iraq and Afghanistan armed forces get the latest gadgets from the US it should be fair that we should atleast have the capability to purchase them, while i do stress the importance of only doing it with SFG and starting with cheaper durable equipment like T50s, Hinds and MiG23s

Last edited:
That doesn't solve anything. It's still gone whether or not they are able to figure out who sold it. There'll be hundreds of sold weaponry.

I hope they don't lift that arms embargo. There are enough guns in the hands of crazy people
U stupid fool, these arms embargo aren't just guns here, we're talking attack helicopters, tanks, missiles, anti tank guns, fighter jets, warships ect. Come on sxb I thought u knew this already, this has nothing to do with ur typical ak47, we're talking a real military here

About those worrying that the arms will go to al shabaab Somalia can acquire Small arms since ~2013 it's the heavy arms like tanks & aircraft that we can't acquire and I don't think al shabaab knows how to use helicopters and tanks :what1: considering Iraq and Afghanistan armed forces get the latest gadgets from the US it should be fair that ours atleast have the capability to purchase them, while do stress the importance of only doing it with SFG and start with cheaper durable equipment like T50s, Hinds and MiG23s
Great minds think alike :russ:

U stupid fool, these arms embargo aren't just guns here, we're talking attack helicopters, tanks, missiles, anti tank guns, fighter jets, warships ect. Come on sxb I thought u knew this already, this has nothing to do with ur typical ak47, we're talking a real military here

I know what it involves. The most likely stolen thing would be weapons.

Also tanks and fighter jets might be used during clan battles.

Somalis are not ready and not to be trusted.

These military weapons will be for only the federal government, no regional state will possess them, the Siyaad Barre era where it was used against civilian population is over bro, ur worse then Al Kebab themselves sxb, u don't even like Somalia, if these weapons were used in clan wars, youd be the first to cheer but now ur humane side actually cares about Somalis and u don't want them to kill each other, gtfoh bro:camby:

You need strong infrastructure to use heavy arms it isn't like driving a car there are hundreds of individuals needed with expertise to use it and maintain it there is a reason tanks and airplanes werent used in the civil war after barre, they were to cumbersome and hard to use for the millitias

These military weapons will be for only the federal government, no regional state will possess them, the Siyaad Barre era where it was used against civilian population is over bro, ur worse then Al Kebab themselves sxb, u don't even like Somalia, if these weapons were used in clan wars, youd be the first to cheer but now ur humane side actually cares about Somalis and u don't want them to kill each other, gtfoh bro:camby:

You seem to have forgotten your recent history.

Many leaders of the rebel groups were high ranking officials of the SNA. Their rebel groups stole tanks to attack enemy clans.

BANTU

+op MVLI
About those worrying that the arms will go to al shabaab Somalia can acquire Small arms since ~2013 it's the heavy arms like tanks & aircraft that we can't acquire and I don't think al shabaab knows how to use helicopters and tanks :what1: considering Iraq and Afghanistan armed forces get the latest gadgets from the US it should be fair that we should atleast have the capability to purchase them, while i do stress the importance of only doing it with SFG and start with cheaper durable equipment like T50s, Hinds and MiG23s

That's a big leap from small arms to tanks and helicopters. I guess there's nothing in between:lolbron:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
About those worrying that the arms going to al shabaab Somalia can acquire Small arms since ~2013 it's the heavy arms like tanks & aircraft that we can't acquire and I don't think al shabaab knows how to use helicopters and tanks :what1: considering Iraq and Afghanistan armed forces get the latest gadgets from the US it should be fair that we should atleast have the capability to purchase them, while i do stress the importance of only doing it with SFG and starting with cheaper durable equipment like T50s, Hinds and MiG23s

This x 1000

That's a big leap from small arms to tanks and helicopters. I guess there's nothing in between:lolbron:
Those are the terms they use ; "since weapons in this class are capable of being carried, if a small arm, by one person or, if a light arm, by two or more people, a pack animal or a light vehicle"

I don't think there are military planes capable of being carried by one person:bell:

To discourage army officers/soldiers from selling weapons to rebel groups/terrorists, all the transactions that involves purchasing weapons must be kept by the ministry of defense to keep track. Furthermore, the details of the weapons that are acquired by the Somali Army must be recorded & regular inspections of bases/garrisons must be made to ensure no weapons are missing etc. Plus, the weapons used by the soldiers must be specified & logged into a database, so that if a weapon goes missing we'll know who owned that weapon & what unit, division he belonged to. If anyone is caught selling weapons to al kebab then they should be executed in front of their unit/division.
:win:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending