Bosaso & Puntland land plot prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Zak Jingo Thanks for ur insight! Much appreciated. Is it possible to get a humble house for around $10,000 or is that too cheap? Also, are you abke to get a mortgage in Bosaso if u r from overseas? But have a mother born in Somalia? Is a mortgage a good idea?

How much does land outside of the cities cost near the coast? If you check Google Maps its mainly uninhabited?

Also what permissions do you need to build on a uninhabited land and who do you pay? Furthermore is their a mechanism in which you can defend your holdings in court?

I also want to buy land in somaliland. Ok lets say money wasn't an issue for me in the near future (inshallah) how much would it cost me to buy a huge plot of land say about 100 Hectares? and where is the most green region in somaliland to buy land?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Land I would assume would be quite expensive in Garowe, not so much Bosaso or Galkayo. Bosaso and Galkayo only hope is to pump all business investments from PL into those major towns as they don't enjoy the government and all that comes with it as a sector like garowe does.

Bosaso and Galkayo need to be designated PL hub of productivity and I don't mean retail or hotels but real job creating ventures because once they have jobs, the retail and hotels will come along finely as a natural response. You never want the govt investing in retail or services industry, you let that work on it's own to respond to whatever real job creating sector your wishing to develop in Somalia.

Their talking about fishery, but it's in the natural resources where the biggest dollars will come not just oil but other minerals also. They need to send a fact finding mission around each of the continents or enquire thru their diaspora around the world where there is gaps in the world that isn't being filled or where our workforce are going to blast the other world competitors out of the market.

We need a phased economic approach, it won't all happen over night. Phase 1 A B C then Phase 2 & 3 and so forth. We basically need to exploit each nation culture and traditions in place and find out what they don't like doing and get our hands in there not open up the same game as them and play for scraps.

We must stay from start-ups and tech stuff, let it mature and let them take the falls. Look how much tech there is out there and only thing that ppl really use is computer, laptop, smart phone and that's it really. There must a ban on technological sector in somalia. It's all sitting there on the shelfs in waste.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Even the oil sector I haven't looked at it 100% but your dealing with scrapes also as there are other oil providers. We need to look at areas like refinery points into africa cut down on their travel costs on the continent. Look at middle man points for the continent like technology companies that actually operate and making money and say come to somalia as we train you how to use in your language(plus we have so many translators) we can make big bucks thru translation services in different sectors for the continent.

Economies are built by using what your strengths are and filling gaps in the world. It's not copying other economies and doing what they do as you don't have similar labor pool or skills and even if you do copy you will just join the rat race and fight for crumbs as customers play you off each other.

Plus if you even go into the industries where there is other providers, if the cost is the same the next thing they look for is what will you give them in return compared to the other store doing the same thing as you are. Political beliefs come into play, ppl prefer to build up a similar idealogical society, values come to play also, security also and if u trade off on eliminating some threatening security person to that nation.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
How much does land outside of the cities cost near the coast? If you check Google Maps its mainly uninhabited?

Also what permissions do you need to build on a uninhabited land and who do you pay? Furthermore is their a mechanism in which you can defend your holdings in court?

Not sure about the Somalia but in Somaliland you gotta go to the local government as they reign supreme. One a fee is agreed you're given a title deed and added onto the land registry. But before so of that they would be making checks and asking questions around the area to see if anyone owns the land.

That's all I know. Might be some tribalism involved depends how tribalistic the local gov worker is. But people in SL mainly just build where there subclan is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending