Bone density and race

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@The alchemist I always wondered why when I meet Somalis, I feel their not my 'people' I now know. It's just we have different 'mindsets' cuz we grew our brains in different 'environments'. If I was nurtured in pastoral culture, I would find non pastoral mind-sets confronting also becuz I lack the ability to 'connect' with it. Same with how westerners cannot connect with refugees, it's different mindsets

@The alchemist I always wondered why when I meet Somalis, I feel their not my 'people' I now know. It's just we have different 'mindsets' cuz we grew our brains in different 'environments'. If I was nurtured in pastoral culture, I would find non pastoral mind-sets confronting also becuz I lack the ability to 'connect' with it. Same with how westerners cannot connect with refugees, it's different mindsets
You have an interesting perspective, man.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
You have an interesting perspective, man.

Yeah and the latest myth running around is 'oh his gaal' what would he know or god will punish these gaalo? or the other one they use is. Kaadida iskama daqan looooooool. that is the new myth they use to refuse to upgrade their culture with western knowledge transfers. We just gonna end up as aboriginals in the end, they were geographically isolated from world knowledge, we are 'mentally' isolating ourselves not geographic because the world is connected now.

Yeah and the latest myth running around is 'oh his gaal' what would he know or god will punish these gaalo? or the other one they use is. Kaadida iskama daqan looooooool. that is the new myth they use to refuse to upgrade their culture with western knowledge transfers. We just gonna end up as aboriginals in the end, they were geographically isolated from world knowledge, we are 'mentally' isolating ourselves not geographic because the world is connected now.
I agree. Being open to new ideas, no matter where the source of information originated is essential for acclimating to this ever-changing world. The 'pastoralist mindset' is dangerous. lol

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I agree. Being open to new ideas, no matter where the source of information originated is essential for acclimating to this ever-changing world. The 'pastoralist mindset' is dangerous. lol

It's a shame the level of 'maths' missing in Somalia as you can see it in their architecture, it's quite basic shapes of boxes lol which only requires knowledge of 'length and width'. You don't see advanced maths being displaced at all with their architecture. I don't know why we never hear them talking about shapes or geometry.

Like the concept of dots and lines and creating all sorts of shapes. Place a dot in multiple area, connect it with a line, and now you got a 'weird shape' you can take this and measure out architecture using these dots and line as your blue print.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@The alchemist since your a chemist, what sort of chemicals do you observe in the natural environment of Somalia. We haven't got one research lab in Somalia at all to examine this. Even a basic library of sorting out the different elements in our country

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12111015

"After correcting for bone size differences, both lumbar spine ( p<0.01) and femoral neck BMAD ( p<0.001) were greater for Somali than white women, but the difference between Somali and AA women persisted."

Somalis likely do fall in between Black populations and whites. Don't mistake bone size for bone density.

I would also assume that if diet and living habits were to be changed that Somalis would actually not be far off other blacks in bone density.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12111015

"After correcting for bone size differences, both lumbar spine ( p<0.01) and femoral neck BMAD ( p<0.001) were greater for Somali than white women, but the difference between Somali and AA women persisted."

Somalis likely do fall in between Black populations and whites. Don't mistake bone size for bone density.

I would also assume that if diet and living habits were to be changed that Somalis would actually not be far off other blacks in bone density.

This might explain why african american su.ck at swimming. They can't float.lol

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
I don't fit the average description of a Somali I would probably be in between Black and White because of my great nilotic admixture. The average Somali today would be lower than the White male but if these were old.times the Somali would probably be above White and under Black male. The Somali is capable of more than you fragile people think. Also diet also plays big part in bone density . A higher vegetable diet increases bone density a lot. Somalis are very easy to.defeat mentally many males tbh. They be like it's in our genes boohoo we can't do this and that because of that. Waa defeatist mentality.

I don't fit the average description of a Somali I would probably be in between Black and White because of my great nilotic admixture. The average Somali today would be lower than the White male but if these were old.times the Somali would probably be above White and under Black male. The Somali is capable of more than you fragile people think. Also diet also plays big part in bone density . A higher vegetable diet increases bone density a lot. Somalis are very easy to.defeat mentally many males tbh. They be like it's in our genes boohoo we can't do this and that because of that. Waa defeatist mentality.

Somalis have higher bone density than whites despite all of the recent hardships that have hit our gene pool, did you not read the study I posted?

Bone size does not equal density.

Somalis are smaller than their ancestors due to epigenetics. We have been through a few decades of hardship (bad diet, civil war, famine etc). These things add up.

strawberrii

#ArthurGang
Women of all races should care about it apparently according to medicine. Their periods are corrosive to their bones so at certain age(menopause or before), they need supplement to keep their bones stronger. They are susceptible to something called Osteoprosis.

Additionally, most Somalis(male and female, plus dark skinned people) in Minnesota are diagnosed with Vitamin D deficiency which can affect bone health. The scale used for vitamin D in human body is based on research done for white people and research needs to be done to revisit other racial groups to see if everyone does not fit into the current vitamin D sufficiency scale. Regardless, knowing about bone health is helpful. I can't speak to the intention of the thread owner, but it is worth knowing about this

Abdalla can shed some further light on this since he is in the medical professional and may have read something about this..
It’s not periods that cause osteoporosis in women, it’s menopause. Sex hormones like oestrogen and testosterone are important in maintaining bone density and when a woman goes through menopause, she doesn’t produce as much sex hormones as she used to.
Once you remove those hormones, bone density is affected and so you get osteoporosis.

Trending