BLM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
If we were all to be honest with ourselves here, being black is something which affects us on a daily basis regardless of whether we personally identify as Black or not since it's how modern society sees us all. (Cue the anthem) Bersonally aniga maxaan ahay shaqsi Soomaaliya ka soo jeedo, dadkeeyga waa Soomaali, luuqadeeyda waa Soomaali, afkeeyga hooyo waa Soomaali, dhaqankeeyga waa Soomaali, dhulkeeyga waa Soomaaliya, Soomaali baan ahay.

Yes, I'm Black and it's something that I'll have to deal with I guess but it isn't a form of identity for me. This whole 'Black' identity thing came along with European imperialism and prior to that no one called themselves Black and identifying as Black pretty much means that you're swan diving into the racial classification that's been set by White enslavers that Jack Sparrow'd to parts of Africa. No African sees themselves as Black, I don't really get the whole Pan-Africanism shit. An Ivory-Coastian, Nigerian and I have nothing in common besides skin color, being African and perhaps religion and the notion that we are one and the same by skin colour is a European invention, f*ck that. 'Black' is a European word that's been imprinted onto us and inside its unique circumstance it comes with its negative connotations. 'Black' identity merely an illusion it means f*ck all to those who already know their ancestry.

Race and skin colour are different things though, I think you're getting the two confused.
Skin colour is literally the colour of your skin whereas race is a bit more complex..Ancestry and all.
I mean that is just what black means, of African descent.
He's not really drifting off of the point there, having races by skin colour is a European invention where you and a Ghanaian have everything in common where as in actuality you don't have anything in-common besides, religion (maybe), skin colour and being African as I listed somewhere above. Yes, the meaning of 'Black' has been watered down to mean 'people of African descent' but its mostly for people who descended from African descent.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
yeah that's basically all black ever meant to me growing up

of African descent. it's tiny, it's very basic, and it doesn't affect my ethnic identity in the slightest. might even help as people fucking google the place instead of guessing that straight hair and dark skin can only exist in india but runti that's neither here nor there.

i guess the advent of globalization added a few more similarities to the African populous given the entire continent was a subject to colonization and the striking poverty is immense and widespread. but that's about it, really. other than that we're individual nations striving for better futures and hopefully cooperation will get us halfway there.

it's not so much how modern society sees us in their world, but how little they know of the one our parents left. because at some point people aren't going to give a shit about skin tone. we're already moving beyond that.

tbh i find people from that continent to be the most proud and humbled about their upbringing. they know it's a tough ass journey ahead for themselves and people around them. so i have no issues empathizing with them on any level. civil wars, terrorism, famine. we all know this shit very well.

so i guess the idea here is that there are two decisive variations of what black means, and one of them i just can't vibe with. it's just physical and it's basically just American. and i just don't give a f*ck about that country that much.

Only descendants of Slaves can identify with colour.
Due to them not knowing their origins.
It's merely a matter of cultural identity.

Race and skin colour are different things though, I think you're getting the two confused.
Skin colour is literally the colour of your skin whereas race is a bit more complex..Ancestry and all.
I mean that is just what black means, of African descent.

I know Tamils that are darker/blacker than me does that make them Black Africans?:browtf:

Each to their own I suppose. Though being black doesn't make you African American.
Black is a term created by racist whites to be used as a collective name for their slaves as they had no other collective name to call them. No one nationality, identity, culture, religion, ethnicity or language.

We Somalis have that.

they don't want to be in the same group as African Americans that they're denouncing their skin colour, how sad, ain't nothing wrong with being a descendant of a slave, not like you chose your fate.
No shit we have literally nothing in common with them. Why on earth should we be in the "same group"?

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
I don't really care about the lives of black people in America to be honest. I do think that they are oppressed at some level though, but at the same time a lot of it is exaggerated.

Jujuman

Accomplished Saaxir
So you care about about Arabs but not negriods getting shot :ooh:

Damn I don't care for either but you are one big Arab booty clapper

I suspect he's Muslim so his compassion towards some groups and not others doesn't come as a surprise. :bell:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts