Biggest propaganda from Wikipedia about the Somali civil war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duh, coz its on the net and it was putreadingr people to read.
And I'm going to Somaliland in less than 3 weeks time and I've been interested in reading the civil war in the north recently.
I've got no other agendas, just expanding my knowledge

You have family there?

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
This is honestly just northern garbage and can't get past wikipedia and other online basement blogs. It will always be just the voice of one isaaq guy that is pissed off in some basement and that's as far as it will go. As for coming with that shit to a true somalia/somaliland conference, you simply wouldn't survive any sort of intellectual engagement.

What is the siyad barre govt supposed to do with those clan rebels fighting for clan-ism which were funded by an 'enemy' state!!!! does he just sit back and let them take over the country's sovereign territory? imagine if black lives matter started arming itself and was funded by russia, do you not think for one second the american army would blow the shit out of them? Infact they did. When al-qaeda attacked the twin-towers, america responded with blowing the shit out of afghanistan who were harboring these 'terrorists'.

The northern region was habouring terrorists and Siyad Barre did what any state would've done, PROTECT it's borders from rogue terrorist elements. They were the ones who picked up the gun first, not the government. They should accept ultimate responsibility not the Somali govt!!!

Siad Barre sent 3-4 Dir Generals to keep the peace in the north, SNM agreed to stay out of cities, but then Ethiopia started to aid them militarily, the government got provoked and forced to defend the country from the terrorists. SNM provoked the authoritarian government.

This is 100% propaganda.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Siad Barre sent 3-4 Dir Generals to keep the peace in the north, SNM agreed to stay out of cities, but then Ethiopia started to aid them militarily, the government got provoked and forced to defend the country from the terrorists. SNM provoked the authoritarian government.

I don't know the history detail for detail. But prefer to use common reasoning. It is obvious these terrorists went to ethiopia and got trained up to commit violent acts against the government. If you shoot first, don't cry if somebody returns fire!!!

If they didn't seek ethiopia assistance a foreign enemy at the time to cause instability within Somalia borders, I doubt the govt would've attacked them. Infact there was no sort of attack done on them untill they 'provoked' the govt and began behaving like a bunch of terrorists!!!! Any govt even till today would've responded in the same manner if not worse.

Let's be real honest while were at it. Siyad Barre was holding a 'nation' together, these little thugs in the north were fighting for tribal pride. You can't compare the two, they will always just be 'terrorists' where-as that man will always be the 'father' of the nation!!!

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
I don't know the history detail for detail. But prefer to use common reasoning. It is obvious these terrorists went to ethiopia and got trained up to commit violent acts against the government. If you shoot first, don't cry if somebody returns fire!!!

If they didn't seek ethiopia assistance a foreign enemy at the time to cause instability within Somalia borders, I doubt the govt would've attacked them. Infact there was no sort of attack done on them untill they 'provoked' the govt and began behaving like a bunch of terrorists!!!! Any govt even till today would've responded in the same manner if not worse
We can all agree on that the SNM was a terrorist organisation.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
We can all agree on that the SNM was a terrorist organisation.

No disagreement there from me!!! simple facts tells that anyone. These thugs were fighting for clan-pride, siyad barre was defending a nation. It was beyond tribe for him, he was fighting to hold the nation together!!!

Infact it's really only them that 'boast' about the rebel groups. USC-SSDF-SPM you don't hear any of them talk about that era and call them 'mujahid'!!!! we know we were wrong

Bohol

VIP
It was bad idea to place Ogaden refugees in Isaaq and Hawiye areas (Hargeisa and
Beledweyne) anyway. What do you think was going to happen when the SNM and
USC took over? they would get a cookie?

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
It was bad idea to place Ogaden refugees in Isaaq and Hawiye areas (Hargeisa and
Beledweyne) anyway. What do you think was going to happen when the SNM and
USC took over? they would get a cookie?

I genuinely believe that he purposely chose those areas to either create enmity and paranoia or to displace the local population. I'm leaning on the former because he chose mostly isaaq and xawaadle deegans who booth have grudges against Ogaden.

There's no sense or logic to it.

But I'm calling b.s on the rape and killing. No Somali clan can overpower another in their own Deegans.:yloezpe:

These are the raping killing machines:

Bohol

VIP
I genuinely believe that he purposely chose those areas to either create enmity and paranoia or to displace the local population. I'm leaning on the former because he chose mostly isaaq and xawaadle deegans who booth have grudges against Ogaden.

There's no sense or logic to it.

But I'm calling b.s on the rape and killing. No Somali clan can overpower another in their own Deegans.:yloezpe:

These are the raping killing machines:

Those are the children. Where are the grown men? I actually met a Ogaden that was born in Hargeisa
and said he was reer Hargeisa before the war :lol: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending