Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
It seems weird but its like the international community is so fixed on Muqdisho being the capital has there ever been a serious discussion of moving the capital?
If a politician brings the topic to light then he would be labeled as "clannist, hateful, bigot" by you know who!!! Even Rahanwayn and Dir hate Daroods to the core and would never vote for a new capital city in Darood dominated region. That'd be a political suicide for these minnows, they all know they'd have no chance to compete politically and socially if Daroods get hold of the administrative capital.

Why do we need to convince Hawiye as if they're some sort of "Lords" to be pleased Mooryaanta?!

If Dir/Darood and 0.5 minority clans agree on this resolution of moving the capital then Hawiye would have no say.. constitutionally and politically.

Mogadishu hampered our nationhood and took us back 100 years. We need to abandon the cursed anarchist enclave and build a brand new capital up north or Northeastern part of the country.

This isn't even about convincing, this is about even suggesting for it to be moved. You WILL be met with resistance from delusional Somalis (from all clans) who are hung up on 70/80's Xamar and the"it's home/capital to all Somalis" nonsense, the Hawiye who live there as well as their diaspora.

Do you really think they want to lose the leverage they have over Somali politics by moving the capital. They have social and political power, because the capital is in their deegaan. If shit don't go their way, expect qeylo and Buuq in the capital, simple as.

This is all about self-interest and protecting what you have (in this case, how much power you have in Somalia). Moving the capital (especially permanently) goes against their S-I, and makes them lose power. This isn't about creating a functioning state again, but if it is the route they'll take to get there is to keep Xamar as the capital, instead of letting it be moved.

"constitutionally and politically". Loooooooool come back to me when those words mean something to the Somali.

:chrisfreshhah::damn::drakekidding:

If a politician bring the topic to light then he would be labeled as "clannist, hateful, bigot" by you know who!!! Even Rahanwayn and Dir hate Daroods to the core and would never vote for a new capital city I. Darood dominated region. That'd be a political suicide for these minnows, they all know they'd have no chance to compete politically and socially if Daroods get hold of the administrative capital.
Moving the capital means giving Hawiye another federal state but this time they get the biggest Somali city, a major airport and a seaport all to themselves thus empowering them

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
Moving the capital means giving Hawiye another federal state but this time they get the biggest Somali city, a major airport and a seaport all to themselves thus empowering them
Let them have it. We'll build a sophisticated modern airports and ports much better than what Mogadishu has.

Other Somalis approaching Hawiye about moving the capital:

OS: "Uhhm Hi Hawiye, so we were discussing the movement of the uhh... Capital, Xamar. So we have come to the decision that one of us *points at other non-hawiye Somalis* should get the capital. You will respect our decision".

Hawiye: "You're....."

damn you italians

Why were we forced into a country with them in the first place.

Colonialism ruined Africa.

We should go back to our Majeerteenia borders and renounce any claim to the South barring Jubbaland and seek independence.

We can work out a deal with Somaliland in terms of SSC and work together to escape Murderdishu.
If both states seek independence, the world will be forced to pay attention and dissolve the disaster project called 'Somalia'.

Let HAG and AMISOM keep each other company.

AAMEEN YA RABB

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP

We should go back to our Majeerteenia borders and renounce any claim to the South barring Jubbaland and seek independence.

We can work out a deal with Somaliland in terms of SSC and work together to escape Murderdishu.
If both states seek independence, the world will be forced to pay attention and dissolve the disaster project called 'Somalia'.

AAMEEN YA RABB
Somaliland and the cuqdad ridden Jeegans have nothing to offer. Why abandon your southern brethren and seek a union with the hateful Jeegans of the north?!

AAMEEN YA RABB
Italy united their states just before they colonized east africa, they wanted to see a united somali peninsula. We should of had a special status in the north but we were wadani remember some southerners wanted 30 years extended Italian rule.

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
NOT TOGETHER, INDEPENDENT PUNTLAND, INDEPENDENT SOMALILAND.

Dissolve Somalia.
Not in a million years will the world allow a people with the same language,same religion same ethnicity to balkanise this will open a pandora’s box especially in Africa

Tjioux

the pussy is never yours, its just your turn.
Not in a million years will the world allow a people with the same language,same religion same ethnicity to balkanise this will open a pandora’s box especially in Africa
Somalia would be an exception, we have been at eachothers throat for soon 3 decades. The world sees us as a burden.

Somalia would be an exception, we have been at eachothers throat for soon 3 decades. The world sees us as a burden.

Wallahi The world is sick of us, we're seen as backward scum who live on the most strategic place on this planet, and can't make anything out of it.

It's a damn shame.

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
Im sorry dude but whatever system of governance you give to Somalis they will find a way to mess it up and divide each other even further Somalis have the pre-Islamic Bedouin Arab mentality of me and my brother against my father Somalis today are still like Arabs,Mongols and Turks of olden times uncultured bands of marauding nomads the difference is those people were eventually civilized by the Greeks,Persians and Chinese for hundreds of years and taught how to run an actual functioning state Somalis have never been civilized

Im sorry dude but whatever system of governance you give to Somalis they will find a way to mess it up and divide each other even further Somalis have the pre-Islamic Bedouin Arab mentality of me and my brother against my father Somalis today are still like Arabs,Mongols and Turks of olden times uncultured bands of marauding nomads the difference is those people were eventually civilized by the Greeks,Persians and Chinese for hundreds of years and taught how to run an actual functioning state Somalis have never been civilized

Mudane who do you wish to civilise us?

:chrisfreshhah:

Don't say Xabashi, I'll cry real tears.
:mjlol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts