Best defense strategy for Somalia's terrain

Which strategy is the best way to repel an Invasion

• Total voters

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
@Calaf
One of the main reasons why unconventional warfare is not suited to Somalia is because we are not a mountainous country. The civilian population would be at great risk and it would take too long and the damage and loss would be too great.

With Scorched earth policy, you engage the enemy and when you can no longer hold onto the city, would evacuate the civilian population and burn the city and supplies to the ground. Denying the enemy any base and resources has worked for countries with plain terrain

Last edited:

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
@Calaf
One of the main reasons why unconventional warfare is suited to Somalia is because we are not a mountainous country. The civilian population would be at great risk and it would take too long and the damage and loss would be too great.

With Scorched earth policy, you engage the enemy and when you can no longer hold onto the city, would evacuate the civilian population and burn the city and supplies to the ground. Denying the enemy any base and resources has worked for countries with plain terrain
Scorched earth will backfire to you
With UCW, You eliminate anything and everything, in order to win

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Scorched earth will backfire to you
With UCW, You eliminate anything and everything, in order to win
How will you eliminate the enemy when your losing ground while they gain ground and resources? UCW only works with rough terrain. Somalia is an arid plain, terrible for UCW

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
How will you eliminate the enemy when your losing ground while they gain ground and resources? UCW only works with rough terrain. Somalia is an arid plain, terrible for UCW
Since Somalia is a tribal country, you can use gurellia warfare, in since of UCW, to get a advantage

unconventional-warfare.png

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Since Somalia is a tribal country, you can use gurellia warfare, in since of UCW, to get a advantage

unconventional-warfare.png
Against a formidable foe, the death toll could easily hit the Millions and for a small population like us, would spell the very end for us. The Peninsular war is a fine example aswell the Second Sino-Japanese war

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Against a formidable foe, the death toll could easily hit the Millions and for a small population like us, would spell the very end for us. The Peninsular war is a fine example aswell the Second Sino-Japanese war
True.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
If internal, then it works, if not then it is not useful!

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
@Calaf
One of the main reasons why unconventional warfare is not suited to Somalia is because we are not a mountainous country. The civilian population would be at great risk and it would take too long and the damage and loss would be too great.

Somalia is a big country and won't have the same terrain for all the regions. Looking back at history, in the North, the Sayid fought an unconventional war because there were many hills and only small towns so they were carrying out many hit and runs. In the South, Xasan Barsane burnt down villages to stop the Italians exploiting the farmlands.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Somalia is a big country and won't have the same terrain for all the regions. Looking back at history, in the North, the Sayid fought an unconventional war because there were many hills and only small towns so they were carrying out many hit and runs. In the South, Xasan Barsane burnt down villages to stop the Italians exploiting the farmlands.
Thats a smart way of looking at it. Its true that in the north there are hills and some mountains which are good for UCW but there are none in the Central and Southern Somalia . I assume the same for Galbeed

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
We already have our own military style. Gorrila warfare from the ground supported by technicals (automatic weapon mounted on a SUV or Pick Up truck). And air support by the airforce ofcourse. This is how we took Somali galbeed back from Ethiopia.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
We already have our own military style. Gorrila warfare from the ground supported by technicals (automatic weapon mounted on a SUV or Pick Up truck). And air support by the airforce ofcourse. This is how we took Somali galbeed back from Ethiopia.
We took Galbeed with a conventional army, conventional weapons and with conventional warfare if im not mistaken sxb:browtf:

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Whether it was Ahmed Gurey or MSB it was a conventional war which made the ethiopians break. Ahmed Gurey beat 100,000 Aidstopians with only 16,000 in the Battle of Antukya:hillarybiz:
In MSB case, you can say that it was unconventional in the eyes of Somaliland
But generally it was conventional!

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

Yo @Teeri-Alpha since your OG and generally most clans get along with you as you neighbor them all, be it darod, hawiye, isaaq. But please tell this guy @Mckenzie sayid didn't do HIT N RUNS. He only did that with 'british' not with Somalis. When u have a clan who had no stake in that bloody battle describing it, it shows you why disinformation is the worst tool killing Somalis. They surround themselves with not facts and then apply policies and wonder why the policies didn't work, since the 'facts' you based on the policy was incorrect to begin with. They spend centuries in this cycle, re-doing the same thing also which is scariest thing.

Sayid was damn right conventional In Bari and Nugaal. My second 'awoowe' not my first one, was a soldier of the boqortoyo regiments. We know what we faced. There is new york post articles for god sakes describing some other conventional wars the Sayid had with reer boqor and allies. But I can speak for my own family experience since I have direct knowledge.

My awoowe was mere soldier who was recruited from 'badiyaha' he was just 'xoolo dhaqaato' and he was told by the boqor representatives u need to come and fight 'dhulbahante' who are wanting to steal our land and conquer us. We had the battle and I told u go confirm yourself about it. It was the DUUDO BATTLE. It was 100 boys 'safka hore' and 7 elite Ali Saleban soldiers. My awoowe was apart of the 100 and in the gabay he said 'boqolki duudow boqol loo waa'. But for the 7 elite ali saleban soldiers he said 'todobo walalo i forgot' since they were ali saleban I didn't care to listen any further since it's not my AWOOWE but he 'praised them also' the elite 7 of ali saleban who came to rescue reer boqor on 'abtinimo'.

These niggas in the south or north have no clue what happened in bariga and nugaal. They assume what sayid did to them wud be the same to us. War sayidka threw everything he had on bari and nugaal, while he showed pity on u NORTHERN CUNTS like all Somalis show pity on Isaaq. Stop saying ogaden, ogaden was only LEADING IT. He had maybe few sarkaals here and there with majority dhulbahante horsemen, just like isaaq do with dhulbahante today. The battle was a harti vs harti oo OGADEN SOO DIRSADAY DHULBAHANTE

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Whether it was Ahmed Gurey or MSB it was a conventional war which made the ethiopians break. Ahmed Gurey beat 100,000 Aidstopians with only 16,000 in the Battle of Antukya:hillarybiz:

You HG are just very unintelligent people. Sacad ayaa idinku roon. Cayr waa xoolo taas ah. Listen wars is about finding out the weakness of your enemy and the battle arena. U combine both, it changes where-ever u go in the world, no book can teach u this, it can help to learn what strategies worked and didn't for others, but your war must be precisely inherited thru history since only the 'tools' changed not the ARENA. For example my strategy for Majerten to defeat HG with as least casualties would be to open a 'flank' on the western galgaduud border, line up Marehan/OGS to make sure these niggas 'are caged in'. The other flank would be head to Hobyo or any sea coast to battle any HG out there. Yes HOBYO is big 'gobol' and heaps of tuulos indicating large miyi population, it would be bloody mess but it needs to be done to close of the sea access. I would then wait till they run out of 'ammo' the last ones standing in the key towns of Baraxlay, Cadaado, Dhusomareeb.

I would then begin a 'genocide' process like my awoowayaal. Kill lineages by lineages, as I would have an 'expert' with me who knows HG lineages and I would call all males forward and begin bullets in the head. I would consider that to impact HG for the next 500 years as they turn into BIMAAL

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
We took Galbeed with a conventional army, conventional weapons and with conventional warfare if im not mistaken sxb:browtf:

Didn't we first support the Ogaden, they used gorilla warfare. Sna soldiers helped lowkey with their struggle. Later on it develop into what you are describing. It kinda was both if I am not mistaken.