Being female in Somalia - Drew Binsky

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
@imperialist @NotMyL
I have a feeling the ladies are talking about their makeup business per se and not necessarily entrepreneurship in general.

AS thinks they are shayaadhin and corrupting young women. Their families maybe unsupportive because of the social stigma attached to women who wear and sell makeup in Somalia.

Madd

Maddd!!!!!
Why do they always have to play victims? Obviously Somalia isn't the ideal country for women, but why lie/exaggerate?

Women entrepreneurs aren't uncommon in Somalia. In fact, it's pretty normal which is why I was dumbfounded when the girl said entrepreneurial women are discriminated. He also conveniently chose a street with few women to solidify that women are oppressed. That's true but completely false in this context.
It's an cadaan person, it's what they do. They love to suggest that ethnic women are oppressed. Especially in Muslim countries.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Its the Mogadishu trend, any problem?:comeon:
I really like the dark skin girl, she my type, full of life chick. She can be my teacher anytime:ahh:

11840.jpg

@imperialist @NotMyL
I have a feeling the ladies are talking about their makeup business per se and not necessarily entrepreneurship in general.

AS thinks they are shayaadhin and corrupting young women. Their families maybe unsupportive because of the social stigma attached to women who wear and sell makeup in Somalia.
They said, the biggest enemy of a women is another women.:comeon:..is this all what you got from this video?:draketf:

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
No fucking way she was born and raised in Xamar, She deffo had contact with the West at some point.

There are some people that are gifted in picking up languages, my friend in galgacyo met a local that they thought was 100% from America but turns he never left the country. He learned from watching movies, listening to music and mimicking the sound. They were shocked :)

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Btw I loved it, I watched both videos and even though everything is not perfect, u can tell where the country is headed by all the smiles and firm handshakes. Wow, I am excited :)

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
No way she learnt that fluent English in Somalia. But definitely she's ambitious, courageous and outgoing person. Her future is bright Mashallah but this VIDEO can attract negative attention that can endanger her well-being. I hope terrorists never see this video.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
They said, the biggest enemy of a women is another women.:comeon:..is this all what you got from this video?:draketf:

Wth?! :westbrookwtf:
What negative thing did I say about the young ladies? If anything, I was trying to justify why they say they have a hard time being entrepreneurs in Mugdisho.
Women doing business is not uncommon there. So, I speculated it might have a thing to do with their makeup business per se.

It is ridiculous I have to explain myself. Of course, I'm happy to see my fellow somali sisters prosper:icon lol:

:ufdup: amaan isii yaroow

Last edited:
Wth?! :westbrookwtf:
What negative thing did I say about the young ladies? If anything, I was trying to justify why they say they have a hard time being entrepreneurs in Mugdisho.
Women doing business is not uncommon there. So, I speculated it might have a thing to do with their makeup business per se.

It is ridiculous I have to explain myself. Of course, I'm happy to see my fellow somali sisters prosper:icon lol:

:ufdup: amaan isii yaroow
Pssh...