Being female in Somalia - Drew Binsky

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Whats up with the color eye contacts tho? Its triggering me.

Apollo

VIP
When asked for her age she said she is 21 and a half, :lol:.. That's only what children say (and a half).

Surprised at how good her English is (for a local). She sounds almost American.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
When asked for her age she said she is 21 and a half, :lol:.. That's only what children say (and a half).

Surprised at how good her English is (for a local). She sounds almost American.

She lie!! I detect a distant hint of Fish and Chips accent. (even though she struggles to make it sound american accent) She probably was taken back home for daqaan eliis. U can't learn that English by yourself.

Also she added the 'half ' part because her confidence and ambition cannot wait to conquer the world. She is racing to get old and join the adult business world. Lets pray she is not another hodan naleya, ending up dead.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Say Mash'Allah eedo. These young ladies are so articulate. Mogadishu looks lit as well with that blue sea and that coast. Looks like California to me.

giphy.gif

Apollo

VIP
No fucking way she was born and raised in Xamar, She deffo had contact with the West at some point.

Maybe she has a good internet connection and she communicates a lot with her diaspora family.

In his Yemen video he also came across a local Yemeni woman who spoke impeccable English.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Maybe she has a good internet connection and she communicates a lot with her diaspora family.

In his Yemen video he also came across a local Yemeni woman who spoke impeccable English.

He dms them on IG. Obviously, it's going to be those who know and speak English fluently. In most of his travel videos, he has at least one person speaking English(as a translator/interpreter)

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Damn, Drew has improved well on his videos. He really learned the art of making success stories or displaying a certain country in a positive way despite its negatives outnumbering the positives.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
What a beautiful, positive video from our sisters in Xamar! And yes I believe she IS A local, you people think women back home are stupid. I know of one girl who never left Somalia but speaks in a perfect Californian accent. I asked her how she learned it and she said that she consumed American TV Shows/ movies since she was 5 years old.

God bless our Xalimos back home:)

What the f*ck, didnt know somalis back home look like western somalis. One in green could be seen walking in London.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
I noticed somalis and many other people have a heavy accent when they speak english. even the somalis who were taught english from a young age. somali djiboutians almost have no accent when they speak french that you can mistake them for a french national. is it because english is a hard language to pronounce ?

Why do they always have to play victims? Obviously Somalia isn't the ideal country for women, but why lie/exaggerate?

Women entrepreneurs aren't uncommon in Somalia. In fact, it's pretty normal which is why I was dumbfounded when the girl said entrepreneurial women are discriminated. He also conveniently chose a street with few women to solidify that women are oppressed. That's true but completely false in this context.