Beesha E-V32 abtirsi tree

Last edited:
As veteran of this stuff it really trips me out that that seems the case but it makes sense of a lot of weird stuff we were all noticing as far back as 10 years ago like the fact that Nubian seems to have made contact of some kind with Highland East Cushitic. When I first read that I was like "The f*ck? What? Not even East as a whole but a subbranch?"
It surprised me too. I had a hunch and deliberately searched for it because things didn't quite sit right. You had inconsistent patterns. So for evidence, one should see contact imprint; linguistics is a good example. I searched something about the Nubian languages and, at the beginning of January or mid to end of December, found a German linguist (it was a bit tough since crucial papers were in German or not possible to gather. Subsequently, I discovered something nice and brief) had uncovered Eastern Highland Cushitic words in the Nile Valley languages (and we're talking crucial word related to animal). Then it dawned on me, what if the linguistic explanation had us all assuming things wrong, setting us up for a failure for only setting bias to what conforms to that default? Well, East Cushites, as you said, sub-branches of East Cushitic were spoken in Sudan.

1682898057682.png

And you know, I have a hunch Bejas assimilated some East Cushitic speakers:

1682898366296.png

1682898372296.png

Garaad diinle

 
Not too long ago i came across the name zaghawa, the name of a saharan speaking natives of western sudan on the darfur region, south east libya and eastern chad. I couldn't help myself but notice the peculiar similarities between the name zaghawa of sudan and Zagwe the ruling dynasty of northern ethiopia. Perhaps there was a connection of some kind especially since both live relatively in close proximity to each other. The complex dynamics and interaction between sudan and northern ethiopia is yet to be properly investigated. We know that axumites invaded sudan up to meroe and beja and vice-versa the beja invaded deep into axum or what is now eritrea.

Nile Valley. Lower Nubia and the Eastern Desert that crosses the modern borders. The oldest samples trace to an Egyptian and Palestinian. One assimilated into Ancient Egyptians, and the other traveled to the Levant and assimilated there. The two sample phylogenetic placements reaffirm that the E-Z813 coincides with parsimonious theories of our origin between modern Egypt and Sudan and the entire range of the Eastern Desert.

The Kenyan flag ones that lack the Luhya designation could be Somalis or heavy-Cushitic-bearing people. We can speculate assimilation within the last 1500 years, not something that took off with the South Cushites. Parts of Luhya are highly likely to have incorporated groups resulting in today's descendants carrying raised frequencies of Somali-type ancestry, reflecting geneflow mediation. Such intergroup relationship dynamics are ubiquitous among Kenyans, displayed by a mosaic of genetic structuring temporally down to very recent. The prime example is Rendille.

Cushitic groups had independent expansions to the Horn of Africa.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's hard to say. The relationship between uniparental and linguistic formation and distribution is not clear-cut. Then again, with that being Ethiopia and the extended passage of time, it would not be strange to have several identity turn-overs you had to uncover before getting the root. The resolution is low. For all we know, it could even be a haplogroup associated with a dead Somali sibling branch that we autosomally absorbed. There is also our assumption, important nonetheless, to associate sub-clades with linguistics. Linguistics might have unique misaligned, yet often paralleled characteristics relative to genetic markers across time and space.

Autosomal DNA signatures form stronger associations with linguistics within the reasonably stable context and contrasted delineated landscape than haplogroups. Also, haplogroups are simpler to interpret downstream, given the earlier sub-clade formations lacking complete clarity.

Oromo is likely an explanation. I prefer Somali as it appeals to convenience and makes for an engaging conversation with no illusion of the bias present. Given what I touched upon in the above text, if E-Z21175 was proto-Oromo, population incoherency created it as such that I am sure that, if Somalis had a comprehensive Y-DNA coverage, we would be more consistent with that haplogroup than other Ethiopian groups that only show in irregular ethnic-geographic distribution.

The sub-clade E-Z21175 might also indicate that the carriers were in early point agriculturalist with less uniformity. That is, however, pure speculation. But it is important to emphasize that our ancestors were quite flexible than average with specializations and, at the same time, very adaptive and economically complex, very impressive in that regard.