Be honest, which ethnicity or nationality were you ever mistaken for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
For me, I was mistaken as both Ethiopian and Eritrean. It was in the school(college) by a fellow student who mistaken me for those nationalities

I was also mistaken for Burmese and Malaysian which is kinda weird how that happened.

Skip to second last paragraph if you don't wanna read much

An old Asian man greeted us(My brother and I) at the bus stop. I just thought that he found us to be Muslims and nothing else, so we did the same and greeted each other, then he told us "Are you from Burma?" I said No, he then stated "Malaysia?" We said No. He asked us where we were from? We just said Africa as if it's a ^country^ He was a bit knowledgeable tho and asked which country? We answered him... I don't know if I kinda resemble those type of Asians. Therefore, I kinda took a glance at google and didn't find a huge resemblance that I though of:farmajoyaab: Weird situation

The area I live is where a lot of S. And E.Asian live/dwell.

I occasionally see an asian talking to me with their language. I just say, "Sorry" and they leave me..

Which ethncity or even a nationality were you mistaken for?:ayaanswag:

I only get noticed by Somali uncles, I can't dodge them and sometimes kinda feel a bit weird and try to smile, they're good tho and at least they will greet you

The Eedo's/Aunts I don't even know their behaviours, manners, leave about talking to them:dabcasar: They just view me like I'm an Aquarium.. I've got no problem with em tho.

:cosbyhmm:How about you guys? Ever been mistaken for other ethnicities or nationalities? You prolly could give details too, it'd be much appreciated:nvjpqts: Wanna see how much nationalities we can be mistaken for...

Last edited:

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Han chinese
Han chinese
What!!!:ayaanswag:
tenor.gif

World

VIP
Went to Asda yesterday and there was an older somali lady who i started chatting with, i thought she knew i was somali but then in the end she was like "are you habesha?" i was like no, then sudani, then arab, until i told her i was somali and she was a bit surprised.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Went to Asda yesterday and there was an older somali lady who i started chatting with, i thought she knew i was somali but then in the end she was like "are you habesha?" i was like no, then sudani, then arab, until i told her i was somali and she was a bit surprised.
Yeah, it does happen sometimes. Well, good to know your story:nvjpqts:

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Cuban. Rwandan. Indian. Mixed. That's about it.

I get mistaken for an arab alot especially the people that dont meet somalis,and habeshis that dont know somalis think i am one of them,arabs and habeshis walk up to me and start talking to me in their language sometimes
And yeah a bunch of dominicans thought i was one of them,this beautiful dominican girl walked up to me started speaking to me in spanish,i never regreted leaving live mocha as much as i did that day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending