etc etc etc

• Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  • Emma by Jane Austen
  • Count of Monte Cristo By Alexandra dumas
  • Jane Eyre By Charlotte Bronte
  • Animal Farm by George Orwell

etc etc etc

I'll check out Count of Monte Cristo.

I like Penguin Classics. The last one I read was House of Mirth, it was interesting to see how Yahuuds were perceived by the Anglo-Saxon elite at that time.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
  • Emma by Jane Austen

etc etc etc

Eedo you like the idea of revenge and justice, that is why you like the count of monte cristo?

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
I see your a person with deep taste. Have you watched the 2002 film? They changed it up a tad, but was fairly in line with the main themes.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I see your a person with deep taste. Have you watched the 2002 film? They changed it up a tad, but was fairly in line with the main themes.

Movies are NEVER the same as the books. Books live with u forever. The feelings i remember reading that book was a sense of injustice in the world. I felt for him. It was a remarkable story of living in darkness of revenge and then, letting go and forgiving, in the end winning

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Eedo you like the idea of revenge and justice, that is why you like the count of monte cristo?

Yes i did. It made me interested and i was in a mode of revenge. But later i discovered forgiving was better than revenge.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I'll check out Count of Monte Cristo.

I like Penguin Classics. The last one I read was House of Mirth, it was interesting to see how Yahuuds were perceived by the Anglo-Saxon elite at that time.

You will like it. It is very addicting. Once u start, u will want to finish it

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
  • Emma by Jane Austen

etc etc etc

I can’t stand Pride and Prejudice, absolutely trash book. It’s mandatory reading in Australian schooling.

Animal farm is good but it goes over away too many peoples heads.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I can’t stand Pride and Prejudice, absolutely trash book. It’s mandatory reading in Australian schooling.

Animal farm is good but it goes over away too many peoples heads.

really? P & P as a required school reading? Thats sad. They should not force it in school. It should be a choice of luxury reading.

Try reading count of monte cristo, u will like it :)

Movies are NEVER the same as the books. Books live with u forever. The feelings i remember reading that book was a sense of injustice in the world. I felt for him. It was a remarkable story of living in darkness of revenge and then, letting go and forgiving, in the end winning

I agree.

I don't think I've seen a movie that has done a book justice.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
really? P & P as a required school reading? Thats sad. They should not force it in school. It should be a choice of luxury reading.

Try reading count of monte cristo, u will like it :)

I read monte cristo and watched a Turkish show based on it called Ezel.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
I agree.

I don't think I've seen a movie that has done a book justice.
The princess bride was the only movie I ever seen that literally was a replica of the book. You can have the book out and watch it, side by side. Would not recommend to read due to its cushy cushy nature and how damn cringe it is.

The princess bride was the only movie I ever seen that literally was a replica of the book. You can have the book out and watch it, side by side. Would not recommend to read due to its cushy cushy nature and how damn cringe it is.

I looked it up and it came out in 1987, hello AWOWE :dwill:

just joking, I see what you mean, it does look cheesy, but I should expand my horizons and check it out.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
I looked it up and it came out in 1987, hello AWOWE :dwill:

just joking, I see what you mean, it does look cheesy, but I should expand my horizons and check it out.
Read it for a darn project for my personal statement, it was either that or the infamous play by Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet :ohlord:

Worse thing was that I kinda enjoyed it at first reading.......

Read it for a darn project for my personal statement, it was either that or the infamous play by Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet :ohlord:

Worse thing was that I kinda enjoyed it at first reading.......

Don't be ashamed of enjoying any genre. For the longest time, I felt weird about not enjoying Marvel movies, but I just had to accept that most action films are not for me.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Eedo @Basra have you read the classic "the Idiot" by Fyodor Mihajlovich Dostoyevski?

No. how did u like it? I can read internet reviews but i want to know how u liked it or affected u?

Last edited:

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
No. how did u like it? I can read internet reviews but i want to know how u liked it or affected u?

Its a classic of Russian literature. I liked it very much, it affected me in a deep and profound way as I could identify myself in many regards to the protagonist in the book, prince Mysjkin. The depiction of higher society (of Sankt Petersburg) in the 19th century is very vivid. I think you would like it as you have a fetish for aristocracy and darkness.

The novel is about the thoroughly goodhearted prince Mysjkin (that suffers from epilepsy) who returns to his native land from a long medical treatment in Switzerland.

In the higher eschalons of Sankt Petersburg, he becomes the subject of discreet contempt and mockery.

The JepantjΓ­n family plays an important role, because that is where the prince spends most of his time. He falls in love with their youngest daughter, AglΓ‘ja.

However, the prince has another, more deep and profound love for the allegedly "fallen" woman Nastasia Filippovna. RogΓ³zjin is also competing for the sympathy of Nastasia Filippovna.

Focus throughout the novel is on prince Mysjkin and his reactions to the darkness surrounding him. Peoples pettiness, jealousy and thirst for glory are phenomenons that prince Mysjkin encounters in his environment.

Trending