Basra's Book Club

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Its a classic of Russian literature. I liked it very much, it affected me in a deep and profound way as I could identify myself in many regards to the protagonist in the book, prince Mysjkin. The depiction of higher society (of Sankt Petersburg) in the 19th century is very vivid. I think you would like it as you have a fetish for aristocracy and darkness.

The novel is about the thoroughly goodhearted prince Mysjkin (that suffers from epilepsy) who returns to his native land from a long medical treatment in Switzerland.

In the higher eschalons of Sankt Petersburg, he becomes the subject of discreet contempt and mockery.

The Jepantjín family plays an important role, because that is where the prince spends most of his time. He falls in love with their youngest daughter, Aglája.

However, the prince has another, more deep and profound love for the allegedly "fallen" woman Nastasia Filippovna. Rogózjin is also competing for the sympathy of Nastasia Filippovna.

Focus throughout the novel is on prince Mysjkin and his reactions to the darkness surrounding him. Peoples pettiness, jealousy and thirst for glory are phenomenons that prince Mysjkin encounters in his environment.

Sounds highly intriguing. Except unfortunately i will not be able to memorize the names of the protagonists. or characters. lol

Russians have weird names lol

But i am sure the story is universal. We can relate to it

I am sure it is based on reality too. Because Russian royal family suffer from same disease in the 19th and 20th century. Grand children of Queen Victoria of England. She had her daughters marry all Europe's royals. Cousins inbreeding consequence

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Only similar book on my favorites.

The rest are:
Winter's Bone -- Daniel Wodrell
The heart is a lonely hunter -- Carson Mcullers
In cold blood-- Truman Capote
Nomadland-- Jessica Bruder

you are a reader for sure

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Indeed lol.

Always open to some suggestions though. I have been reading lots of longform true crime articles when I am bored at work. I can suggest you some tbh.

huuno i am old. the only thing that gives me pleasure nowadays is biographies

Trending

Latest posts