Basra Appreciation Thread

Long before you dumb kids were born, prior to the night your father discharged himself into your mother, I used to know @Basra. She was an early member of Somnet, that glorious and grotesque site for people with too much time on their hands. It was the late nineties, and the Internet was still trying to find its feet. She was still young then. Her boobs hadn't sagged, her baruur didn't jiggle when she walked, and there was still hope in her African heart.

Basra was a Mod of that Godforsaken forum. And what a Mod. She never banned those who disagreed with her opinions. She never censored. She never deleted. We lived in a golden age of free discussion. She was the perfect authority figure.

We didn't know how good we had it till the barbarians stormed the gates. The Admin gave the place to a Saudi brainfucked moron who was still in his diapers when the forum started and he banned the secular mujahideen. It was a great holocaust of the vets who made the place what it was. Guys like Mad Mac, the US Marine who came to Somalia in 1993 to kill some and fell in love with the place and the people, even becoming an honorary Hawiye. That was the kind of place it was.

I shed a tear every month for the great warriors who were culled or driven out

We used to mock Basra's semiliterate posts and she took it in her stride. She had an obsession with Jane Austen that none of us could understand. Basra was in her early twenties then, and looking for a handsome suitor. She used to harass me sexually in the DMs. Galol used to complain of the ographic images she used to send him. Even poor @Grant was not spared, and he was 65.

She was not like these modern s who run crying to the Admin about harassment when a jaad stained brother winks in her direction. As we used to say, she has bigger balls than a guy with swollen testicles.

God bless Basra. The greatest Somali woman on the interwebs.

Last edited:
Your memory is faulty. She used to alter posts regularly and get quite upset and nasty if anyone called me "bro". I stayed away from her.
What did she have against "bro"?

Her moderating was eccentric, but you have to admit the place was freer than the shithole it is now.

Lol Basra that old hag from Somnet in the early 2000s. I don't like her posts on here not gonna lie. She posts random white people in each of her posts :kodaksmiley:

DRACO

VIP
Lol i'm 19.

One time i was reading this old thread from Somnet from like 2004 and i seen Basra there. Wallahi she's an OG
lmaooo wallahi #MeToo in 2004 we was legit kids.
it was jokes when basra joined sspot cos i remembered seeing her old ass somnet posts :yloezpe:.
@Basra how slow was the web back then:jcoleno::mjcry:

Basra and Grant's reunion
download (4).jpeg

Damn theres alot of pensioners in here. One minute i think this site is full of kids and the next its old peeps. Where the people in their early 20's at?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Long before you dumb kids were born, prior to the night your father discharged himself into your mother, I used to know @Basra. She was an early member of Somnet, that glorious and grotesque site for people with too much time on their hands. It was the late nineties, and the Internet was still trying to find its feet. She was still young then. Her boobs hadn't sagged, her baruur didn't jiggle when she walked, and there was still hope in her African heart.

Basra was a Mod of that Godforsaken forum. And what a Mod. She never banned those who disagreed with her opinions. She never censored. She never deleted. We lived in a golden age of free discussion. She was the perfect authority figure.

We didn't know how good we had it till the barbarians stormed the gates. The Admin gave the place to a Saudi brainfucked moron who was still in his diapers when the forum started and he banned the secular mujahideen. It was a great holocaust of the vets who made the place what it was. Guys like Mad Mac, the US Marine who came to Somalia in 1993 to kill some and fell in love with the place and the people, even becoming an honorary Hawiye. That was the kind of place it was.

I shed a tear every month for the great warriors who were culled or driven out

We used to mock Basra's semiliterate posts and she took it in her stride. She had an obsession with Jane Austen that none of us could understand. Basra was in her early twenties then, and looking for a handsome suitor. She used to harass me sexually in the DMs. Galol used to complain of the ographic images she used to send him. Even poor @Grant was not spared, and he was 65.

She was not like these modern s who run crying to the Admin about harassment when a jaad stained brother winks in her direction. As we used to say, she has bigger balls than a guy with swollen testicles.

God bless Basra. The greatest Somali woman on the interwebs.

Bidaaar awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww so sweet! Her Ladyship appreciates. :) Me & and Bidaar

438CDB7600000578-4856380-image-a-58_1504657624154.jpg

Trending