Basquiat

Untitled_acrylic_and_mixed_media_on_canvas_by_--Jean-Michel_Basquiat--%2C_1984.jpg

rsz_bas1.jpg

rsz_1bas2.jpg

tbas3.png

rsz_2bas4.jpg

philistines-1982_u-l-q19b1vo0.jpg

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
Sxb, it's Basquiat. Black Picasso. The first painting was sold for over 100 million.:win:

Exactly proving my point.

In Europe, the old city centers of the powerful countries (mainly in the West) are 1000x more beautiful than the modern parts of the same city.

Massive decline in aesthetics.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Are you with me on my statement on European city centers vs new buildings? Especially those 1960s-1990s buildings in Europe are ugly as f*ck.
I find Historical paintings fascinating especially medieval and biblical paintings:siilaanyolaugh:
Same for architecture

Are you with me on my statement on European city centers vs new buildings? Especially those 1960s-1990s buildings in Europe are ugly as f*ck.
I largely prefer areas to have old architecture as well, with some modern design to go with it.

I don't mind a mixture of modern & old buildings though, like this one:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Apollo

VIP
I largely prefer areas to have old architecture as well, with some modern design to go with it.

I don't mind a mixture of modern & old buildings though, like this one:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dubai and Singapore have nice modern architecture, but I don't know what the F happened during the cold-war era in Europe.. Ugly commie blocks and many buildings devoid of life.

Degenerate art.
Thank you for pointing out the obvious. You guys approach this from the wrong lens of perception. It's not supposed to appease your senses for what is fine.

It's like me going to a dude that listens to rap and claim his music is garbage and that he should listen to Bach or some other classical composer.

He was a graffiti artist, which is quite different than painters before the postmodern and deconstructivism.

Art movements that I like : From Renaissance to Romanticism.
I was never fond of picasso. But I appreciate some paintings. I read about basquiat during art classes. His life was short but interesting.