Basquiat

No sxb.

Random images from Google.
I did a reverse image search, and the first one is the Canadian Museum of Nature.
museum-of-nature-moon-1.jpg

Muji

VIP
Exactly proving my point.

In Europe, the old city centers of the powerful countries (mainly in the West) are 1000x more beautiful than the modern parts of the same city.

Massive decline in aesthetics.

The camera killed that sort of art. Now we like art with creativity

Umm-al-Dhegdheeriyaa

Run and I’ll catch you and eat you alive
I love late modernism and early post-modernism avant-grade(Basquiat had some neo-expressionism paintings). Basquiat was a prodigy filled with talent from a young age. I wonder why he was interested in Anatomy? After he was hit by a car as a child and while in hospital, his mother gave him a copy of Grey’s Anatomy(by Henry Gray). In a way it helped him understand what kind of treatment the doctors were giving him. I think that’s the reason why a lot of his paintings have a skeletal look to them(and of course his paintings are made up of a variety of art forms), as his paintings look at what’s underneath our flesh. The human nature that is beyond all of the outside pretence. He used art as a way of talking about who he was and what was going on around him, when language was somewhat inadequate. I think he said something about how he doesn’t think about art but about life when he’s painting. I like that a lot.

Trending