Bajuni Islands: Does Somalia still pay attention to its Islands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zailah

Exam season guys !
I’m not talking politically here.

I’ve only just recently in the last year found out about the Bajuni Islands. Not sure how the people look, do they look more southern or do they have that Cushitic look? :mjhaps:

However why doesn’t Somalia mention anything. We hear so much about mainland Somalia but what about her islands. What are Bajuni islanders like? :ohhh:

Horta, if we fixed it up well that’s assuming it needs fixing by way of hotels and the like,.. then surely it could be a tourist destination like Zanzibar and change the worlds outlook on Somalia :mjlaugh:

Zailah

Exam season guys !
But does Somalia do anything for the island? Or is it all down to Jubbaland but then again it might not be in jubbaland?

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
X13Z1ofk.jpg:large
f9Rqx_G6VA_MMXODI6UlsUEzyOVfP6QBxY8CNQ2e8xqk-D9BaKIvAPOL0i4prDj8gBNAkBA=s126

Daarood fleeing USC. Saved by Bajuni seamen who took them from kismayo to Mombasa, my moms side of the fam was on that boat, 1992.

Bajuni are good decent people.

Zailah

Exam season guys !
I’m not sure :kanyeshrug: They don’t speak Somali they speak a dialect of Swahili i think it’s af maay I’m not sure though

They seem to speak a swahili based language called Kibajuni but the older generation would know af maay but I don’t get why they would see themselves as Kenyans :ohhh:

They seem to speak a swahili based language called Kibajuni but the older generation would know af maay but I don’t get why they would see themselves as Kenyans :ohhh:
Because they're closer to Kenyan Bantu's? That makes the most sense to me.
I think some people there are ethnically Somali as well.

Zailah

Exam season guys !
Because they're closer to Kenyan Bantu's? That makes the most sense to me.
I think some people there are ethnically Somali as well.

I’d have imagined that they are a mix of Somalis and Bantus though

Status
Not open for further replies.