baby name collection

is it weird to call dibs on baby names early?

• yes

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • not really

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • i do that too!

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • you're weird, what kind of household are you living in?

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
is it normal to start coming up with names for your future children, starting at around age 12?
i started doing this early on- i had to call dibs before my siblings cause i could already see the name robberies :lawd:

I even keep them on my phone notes, alongside other important things.

Last edited:

lalayariis

Bad cop
I wouldn’t name my kids names that get messed up in the western world either. I feel bad for all Nestexo’s because they would be called nasty hoe for fun by the other kids and it was beyond messed up.

Gedogyal

good cop
Yess I have 4 boys names I always loved, and for girls names I don’t it to be like my generations where there are 6 Munas, Ayans, Aishas, Anisas, Nawals, Hanans, Nimos etc so I’m gonna pick a more rare name.:yacadiim:

I love that! Me and my siblings have very rare names and I'll continue that legacy inshaallah.
I like it because people will always (or maybe not lol) remember you because of that. Names are a part of your identity after all lol

lalayariis

Bad cop
I love that! Me and my siblings have very rare names and I'll continue that legacy.
I like it because people will always (or maybe not lol) remember you because of that. Names are a part of your identity after all lol
Same I have a rare name, but now all these little girls have my name or FOB’s have it as their second name to the point it’s now becoming a popular name. When my mom gave it to me it was on the rare side though. People just like copying others names I guess because they keep doubling every year.:wow:

I love that! Me and my siblings have very rare names and I'll continue that legacy inshaallah.
i'm one of the only siblings who has a somewhat-rare ish name
i also want to choose rare names, but they're so hard to come by
you don't even want to hear some of the shaanshi ones though :ohdamn:

Gedogyal

good cop
Same I have a rare name, but now all these little girls have my name or FOB’s have it as their second name to the point it’s now becoming a popular name. When my mom gave it to me it was on the rare side though. People just like copying others names I guess because they keep doubling every year.:wow:

SAME!
That's why I feel like I have to follow my mother's footsteps.

Edit: tmi lol

Last edited:
I’ve always wanted to name my son Caydiid after My abti
1588367598219.jpeg

Gedogyal

good cop
mana-iisha, ooto, mano, khayrto
actually my dad had to have been joking when he wanted to name my sister the first two, he had to be :snoop:

Those are rare names tho and they weren't that bad either.Mana-iisha sounds very interesting, do you know where it origins?