AUN South Cushites

If you put aside speculations and just look at the facts, those South Cushites were related to us, but we were probably not the same group. As we know, belief systems could vary a lot between ancestrally related people, and frankly, there's isn't any archeological proof that would allude monotheism, only burial practices with spiritual connotations, IIRC.

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
Wait, so Kenyan_Pastoral_N are the Ancestral population of South Cushites?

It looks like they had more Eurasian ancestry than Somalis.[/QUOTE
]
They were probably around the time of the encountering between Proto-Nilotic populations and North African-like peoples maybe

Wait, so Kenyan_Pastoral_N are the Ancestral population of South Cushites?

It looks like they had more Eurasian ancestry than Somalis.

They didn't.

Eurasian levels are identical to Somalis.

It was the early pastoralists who had the high Eurasian levels but the early pastoralists are not ancestral to south cushities.

They didn't.

Eurasian levels are identical to Somalis.

It was the early pastoralists who had the high Eurasian levels but the early pastoralists are not ancestral to south cushities.

Yeah, sorry that's what I meant. The early pastoralists had a higher levels of Eurasian ancestry.

If the Kenyan Pastoralists weren't ancestors of the South Cushites, what is your map meant to be representing?

Yeah, sorry that's what I meant. The early pastoralists had a higher levels of Eurasian ancestry.

If the Kenyan Pastoralists weren't ancestors of the South Cushites, what is your map meant to be representing?

Ken_Pastoralist_N are ancestral to south Cushites. The map just shows distances to modern populations of which Somalis are closets to them.

The early pastoralist are the weird ones , they aren't ancestral to southern cushities and had very high levels of Eurasian ancestry especially the female sample.

Ken_Pastoralist_N are ancestral to south Cushites. The map just shows distances to modern populations of which Somalis are closets to them.

The early pastoralist are the weird ones , they aren't ancestral to southern cushities and had very high levels of Eurasian ancestry especially the female sample.

Sorry, what group are you referring to here?

The first pastoralists, second last in the graph.

They preceded southern Cushites in the region by 1000 years.

What is the difference between the two populations? I'm assuming the 'early pastoralists' preceded the 'Kenyan Pastoralists' by a number of years. Are the two groups related in any way, or are they just separate populations that came into Kenya at separate times?

What is the difference between the two populations? I'm assuming the 'early pastoralists' preceded the 'Kenyan Pastoralists' by a number of years. Are the two groups related in any way, or are they just separate populations that came into Kenya at separate times?

No idea really.

The South Cushitic paper authors didn't know either.

Daacad90

Aspiring Buraanbur Artist.
Ran into a group of Rwandans and Ugandans lately and got shocked at how they could pass for Horners. Their ancestors would be proud to see their offsprings still retaining their beautiful Kushite features :frdfvsb::frdfvsb:. I know Nilotes and Bantus are beautiful too but Africa really lacks Cushitic looking peoples... #EndangeredRace
Walaal, what kind of pseudoscience is this...?:mjlol:

shum33

Somaliland supremacy
They are dead and gone. They barely exist now, only in some rural villages. There should be some awareness ads in Cushite inhabited territories to warn them of Bantu expansion.

There seems to be interchange between using "Israeli Chalcolithic" and "Pre-Pottery Neolithic" when talking about the Eurasian component of Cushitic-speakers. Do these two populations mean the same thing, or are they just reference populations used for approximations depending on the Geneticists carrying out the tests?
'Israeli (Levant) Chalcolithic' are the cultures that succeeded in the 'Pre-Pottery Neolithic' in the same geographical regions, and geneticists probably use them interchangeably when studying East Africans because there's a strong genetic continuity from those transitional periods.

The PPN and CA are on the same cluster, but the latter shifts slightly towards Bronze Age individuals in PCAs that had more admixtures from Iran Chalcolithic compared to their Pre-Pottery and Epipaleolithic predecessors.

'Israeli (Levant) Chalcolithic' are the cultures that succeeded in the 'Pre-Pottery Neolithic' in the same geographical regions, and geneticists probably use them interchangeably when studying East Africans because there's a strong genetic continuity from those transitional periods.

The PPN and CA are on the same cluster, but the latter shifts slightly towards Bronze Age individuals in PCAs that had more admixtures from Iran Chalcolithic compared to their Pre-Pottery and Epipaleolithic predecessors.

I got you.

Sorry, could you clarify who are CA and PCA?

I got you.

Sorry, could you clarify who are CA and PCA?
CA=Copper Age/Chalcolithic

PCA=Principal Component Analysis
rsz_pca12.png

Tanzania Luxmanda was an early pastoralist + some additional Mota.

I'm intrigued to know where the Kenyan Pastoralist originated from.

Trending

Latest posts