Athiests, agnostics and deists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wishful thinking on your part. I'm home schooling for maximum influence over my spawn.

My unborn children are off-limits.
Stick with non-halaal white meat, it's plentiful.:siilaanyolaugh:
disgusting. why would i date a girl 20 years my junior, waan dhalli karra :gucciwhat:

I talk about life, the weather and what I'm reading with my family. I'm not a fanatic, I keep religion between myself and God alone.
What do you think God is doing right now? I don't buy the line that he's sitting on a throne. That's a metaphor for his greatness. Not a literal thing. Saudi educated morons take it literally. Why don't they take it literally when the Quran says Allah is closer to you than your jugular vein too. Presumably that means Allah is inside your body. They pick and choose what is a metaphor.

I believe Allah has hobbies and recreations. He's got exciting projects that make use of his enormous intelligence. He's a scientist, an engineer, an artist, a writer, a philosopher. That's why I believe in extra terrestrials. No way all those billions of planets and galaxies are without life. That would literally be a complete waste of space. We're probably the ants of the cosmic order: insignificant by comparison to other intelligent lifeforms. There's a sheikh who talks about this. Will have to dig up the video.

What do you think God is doing right now? I don't buy the line that he's sitting on a throne. That's a metaphor for his greatness. Not a literal thing. Saudi educated morons take it literally. Why don't they take it literally when the Quran says Allah is closer to you than your jugular vein too. Presumably that means Allah is inside your body. They pick and choose what is a metaphor.

I believe Allah has hobbies and recreations. He's got exciting projects that make use of his enormous intelligence. He's a scientist, an engineer, an artist, a writer, a philosopher. That's why I believe in extra terrestrials. No way all those billions of planets and galaxies are without life. That would literally be a complete waste of space. We're probably the ants of the cosmic order: insignificant by comparison to other intelligent lifeforms. There's a sheikh who talks about this. Will have to dig up the video.
Why do you tie yourself with islam then. Why do you still fall under islamic hegemony?

I think God is busy looking after multiple universes. I believe in aliens too and I think God has given some of them faculties similar or greater to ours. I think with every star there is a at least one planet in it's orbit which has life. I often think of how amazing it would be if we ever made contact but who knows,maybe the nearest stars to ours only hold animal having planets in their orbit. I definitely think that there are other races looking for life too.

I don't think God literally sits on a throne, I agree. I think he's greater than that pomp and I think the after life is going to have more than silk brocade and non alcoholic wine. I think we'll meet other species and God will make it so that we can communicate.

Recently, I had plumbing issues with an apartment and hired this Mauritian guy to fix it. His co-worker was a 19 year old Somali apprentice, this shocked me because a Somali would prefer to be unemployed or even dealing with drugs than earning a decent living fixing toilet pipes. But what shocked me most was both of these two gentlemen met and belong to the same church and both attempted Da’wa on me and gave me pamphlets of the Gospel. After checking online, I asked myself, are there more Somalis leaving Islam for Christianity than for atheism? Or, are those who convert to Christianity more visible than the Somali atheists?

Recently, I had plumbing issues with an apartment and hired this Mauritian guy to fix it. His co-worker was a 19 year old Somali apprentice, this shocked me because a Somali would prefer to be unemployed or even dealing with drugs than earning a decent living fixing toilet pipes. But what shocked me most was both of these two gentlemen met and belong to the same church and both attempted Da’wa on me and gave me pamphlets of the Gospel. After checking online, I asked myself, are there more Somalis leaving Islam for Christianity than for atheism? Or, are those who convert to Christianity more visible than the Somali atheists?

There are a lot more Somali Christians than there are Somali atheists. There used to be plenty of Catholics in Somalia until the civil war happened.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
It's childish

:trumpsmirk: It's the default. Its more difficult to have zero faith. Something tells me, if this were the 50s, you'd be one of those deadbeat husbands that leave never to return. :mjlol:You don't seem like you take commitments seriously. You change beliefs more than your briefs.

Hegemony is a big word. What does it mean boowe? Please remember I'm a failed asylum seeker. I got deportation papers recently. My English is not good.
lool i mean why do you limit yourself to be a muslim when the tenents of your faith can fall under other religions.

There are a lot more Somali Christians than there are Somali atheists. There used to be plenty of Catholics in Somalia until the civil war happened.

Shamis

I don’t know back home, but commonsense dictates that it’s very dangerous to be a non-Muslim there atm as every nookie was led to believe inuu kugu jihaadi karro. My query related to young people born or raised in the diaspora.

Shamis

I don’t know back home, but commonsense dictates that it’s very dangerous to be a non-Muslim there atm as every nookie was led to believe inuu kugu jihaadi karro. My query related to young people born or raised in the diaspora.

It is very dangerous and that's why they've all either fled or practise in utmost secrecy.

I'd say most diaspora become irreligious, atheist or deist but some Fobs become Christians I've noticed.

I think God is busy looking after multiple universes. I believe in aliens too and I think God has given some of them faculties similar or greater to ours. I think with every star there is a at least one planet in it's orbit which has life. I often think of how amazing it would be if we ever made contact but who knows,maybe the nearest stars to ours only hold animal having planets in their orbit. I definitely think that there are other races looking for life too.

I don't think God literally sits on a throne, I agree. I think he's greater than that pomp and I think the after life is going to have more than silk brocade and non alcoholic wine. I think we'll meet other species and God will make it so that we can communicate.
Yes, throne sounds like what an Arab tribal chief would sit on. Have you seen those things? They look so uncomfortable. Okay for formal occasions maybe, but I will take a nice leather couch any day. Or a hammock. Also, the idea Allah sits on anything would mean he's got an ass to sit on. It's a blasphemous doctrine. Literalists say that Allah is "above" the throne, not sitting on it, but that's dishonest. What is a throne for except for sitting on? What other purpose does it serve? It also implies that Allah can tire and be fatigued: humans sit because standing on our feet is tiring. We need to conserve energy by sitting. Why would Allah need such a thing unless he is as weak as mortals?

Yes, I'm intrigued by the multiverse theory as well. Looks like we're one of an infinite number of universes. Amazing. Some physicsts hypothesize that we may even be living in a computer simulation. Science is breaking new ground every day. I don't think God would have to supervise the universe though. That's what al-Ghazali thought. It makes more sense to think he established the physical laws of the natural order mechanistically and let things run on their own steam like a piece of machinery. A clock doesn't need a watchmaker's intervention to make it tick. That kind of assumption leads to the kind of superstition that has people invoking God for rain and the like. Rain will come through the known physical laws of the rain cycle, not because Allah got a message on his iPhone alerting him to the pleas of Abdi in Xamar for some biyo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending