Athiest living at home with family

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
1) This is the wrong place to come and get advice. I mean, if you really need more advice, checkout this ExMuslim subreddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/exmuslim/

2) Like @rational said, if you haven't reached independence from your parents or family financially, you need to work on that and keep your apostate status low-key. Don't ever put yourself in a place where you can be exposed, whether from other people or yourself. Never argue with your parents about Islam to the point were you get emotional and expose yourself.

3) With not breaking your mom's heart, since they're "liberal" and tolerant with your hijabless lifestyle - you're more privileged than the average ex-Muslim female who comes from a conservative background. There is a lot of questions: What is your sexuality? Do you want to get married? Do you want date/marry a Somali guy or guy that comes from a Muslim background? If want to marry a Somali guy or guy from a Muslim background, then live your life like a secular Muslim. Your mother won't suspect you and you live your life. If you're a Lesbian or something that would me more taboo, then you need to move somewhere away from your mom and live a double life honestly.

4) If you're still young, map out your life and be prepared for anything. Remember again, never put yourself in situation that can expose you.

Good luck and be smart!

Last edited:

ace mooha

Up and coming sniper.
1) This is the wrong place to come and get advice. I mean, if you really need more advice, checkout this ExMuslim subreddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/exmuslim/

2) Like @rational said, if you haven't reached independence from your parents or family financially, you need to work on that and keep your apostate status low-key. Don't ever put yourself in a place where you can be exposed, whether from other people or yourself. Never argue with your parents about Islam to the point were you get emotional and expose yourself.

3) With not breaking your mom's heart, since they're "liberal" and tolerant with your hijabless lifestyle - you're more privileged than the average ex-Muslim female who comes from a conservative background. There is a lot of questions: What is your sexuality? Do you want to get married? Do you want date/marry a Somali guy or guy that comes from a Muslim background? If want to marry a Somali guy or guy from a Muslim background, then live your life like a secular Muslim. Your mother won't suspect you and you live your life. If you're a Lesbian or something that would me more taboo, then you need to move somewhere away from your mom and live a double life honestly.

4) If you still young, map out your life and be prepared for anything. Remember again, never put yourself in situation that can expose you.

Good luck and be smart!
You really live upto your username.
:snoop:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Nice to know. you no deeg having, booty scratching bastard.
:pacspit:

I thought so.

:chrisfreshhah:

You ungrateful pieces of shit give Somali Muslims everywhere a bad name. If you hate gaalo, why did you come to a gaalo country?

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Give me some advice...?
What should I do...?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

How about, I don't know, being a little grateful for saving you from a life of war and poverty?

:draketf:

Do you have any idea how you'd be treated in a "brotherly" Muslim country? The fact that you aren't being whipped in a cell for your comments should give you some perspective :icon lol:

ace mooha

Up and coming sniper.
How about, I don't know, being a little grateful for saving you from a life of war and poverty?

:draketf:

Do you have any idea how you'd be treated in a "brotherly" Muslim country? The fact that you aren't being whipped in a cell for your comments should give you some perspective :icon lol:
Continue bootyclapping my little hypocrite.

VixR

Veritas
I think you've gotten some great advice so far.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, only I've had interesting but sometimes heated discussions on Islam with both my parents, and I can tell you that it doesn't yeild much of anything to tell them you don't believe any of it. Even though my parents are fairly moderate towards religion and sound a lot like yours (I tried real hard to get into Islam and religiousity, started wearing the hijab on my own and praying salat and sunnah, received praise, took it off, received disappointment for a long time bc apparently it's far worse to take it off after having put it on even though I was never pressured to wear it in the first place), but it really put them in a state of crisis to hear my doubts and criticisms.

It's crazy, bc I've been fighting with my faith since I was 15/16. I've known I was an atheist, but had trouble admitting it to myself. I questioned if everyone was just pretending to believe. Why couldn't I see it? When I did finally accept myself and trust my search and reasoning, it causes me problems.

Be aware that it might change little things (or big things depending) on how they act towards you. For example, when I go home to see them, they've started putting the Quran on extra loud like I'm a shaytanad when I enter the house lmao. I get lectures I never had to contend with before, which I humor them by listening to without much said on my part. It's like Islam is center stage in my relationship with them in a way it never was before. Just this past while, my mom borrowed my car bc hers was busted, and I was Lyfting everywhere. When I got the car back, I turned the key to find myself blasting Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais and another Quran paraphernalia hung on my rearview mirror thing. Without going into detail, these and many things have changed for the awkward or worst, even though I was close with my folks and still am.

It's the same with my brother, who is also an atheist, so I commiserate with him, but he's far away. My siblings are all cool. I even had the support of an old boyfriend who was a Somali atheist too, but now it's hard sometimes and it's easy to forget at times I've been more fortunate than most. As for my parents, I just try my best to show them I haven't changed. And I appreciate them all the more, bc even though it's uncomfortable, it's not as bad as it could be.

I know a Somali girl in my community who was completely disowned and ended up moving across the country when she came out to her parents. She ended up crashing couches until she could get it in herself to take a train across country. Last I heard she was still transitioning out of hijab, which she hadn't yet done when she was disowned, and she's in a program now that her family refused to let her go to for being too far away for a woman without family to go on her own. I can't even imagine that. I've experienced shunning and loss of acquaintance from defending her and admitting I was one too., but that has passed for the most part by now and I don't have too many Muslim friends and don't have to deal with many Somalis to begin with.

Bottom line: I don't think it's worth telling them. I myself am considering pretending to come back into the fold of Islam again for their peace of my mind if not my own. I've figured out Muslims prefer munafiqs to atheists, and my parents would be more at peace thinking of me a non-practicing Muslim than as the atheist I am. Right now, I realize they think their daughter is going to hell. But if you decide to tell them, please make sure you're at least financially independent, though even through my own mild experience I would urge you not to sad as it is.

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
I think we know deep down where he stands. In a strip club. :hemad:

It's a catchy song. Take a listen @ace mooha and request it next time

is your favorite stripper a ballerina or what? :russsmug:

Lmao who is this rapper ? Looks like a dj Khaled and asap rocky love child :drakelaugh::drakelaugh::drakelaugh:

ace hooha is a crazy man
I'm surprised a predator drone didn't strike house judging by his terrorist symathising comments on this site

ace mooha

Up and coming sniper.
@ace mooha you need a punch nijaasyahow
Ayyy....don't get me wrong I'll take it if it's from you.
:manny:

ace hooha is a crazy man
I'm surprised a predator drone didn't strike house judging by his terrorist symathising comments on this site
Aussie hoe you still on my dick you dirty INFIDEL!

"Mr. hooyo loves me more than the sand "
:mjlol::chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh::pachah1::russ::deadpeter:

NIGGA you got me laughing like a mad man that day.
:heh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts