Assuming Somalia was at peace, how would somaliweyn be implemented without U.S/Ethio prevention?

They divine destiny and plan of Allah is so perfect because we’re in the perfect time line if Ethiopia goes into civil war inshallah Ogadenia will be able to secede like Eritrea and Tigray

Also what’s best for us is multiple equal but separate nations with Autonomy but a linked economic corridor, Djibouti Somaliland Puntland South etc

Border changes in Africa has been rare and in almost all cases were the splitting of countries (somaliland, south sudan, etc.)

Somaliland is not an independent Country just yet, so no formal border changes have taken place.

The people in Somaliland are ethnic Somalis, so what is the basis for splitting?:ayaanswag:

South Sudan split from Sudan because we share absolutely nothing in common and have been at war with each other for Centuries.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Somaliland is not an independent Country just yet, so no formal border changes have taken place.

The people in Somaliland are ethnic Somalis, so what is the basis for splitting?:ayaanswag:

South Sudan split from Sudan because we share absolutely nothing in common and have been at war with each other for Centuries.

Incoming Somalilanders in 3... 2..... 1....

bidenkulaha

GalYare

The rational is very confusing. Especially since Somaliland’s borders are a fiction. It has 25-30% Darood in the country too.

Border changes in Africa has been rare and in almost all cases were the splitting of countries (somaliland, south sudan, etc.)

The time where this can be achieved with a military/political solution aka create new 'reality on the ground followed by referendum' (which imo is the most effective) has long passed. It would be at least another 20yrs+ for Somalia to develop that capacity again.

I think it's just better to focus on developing the territories we have to their fullest, and integrate economically with all the rest of the regions in Ethiopia/Kenya. We have to give reasons for people in those territories to join. Create strong economic links, give all somalis automatic citizenship no matter where they live, possibly even give them voting rights etc and just hope for the best long term. Eventually voices will be heard.

Last edited:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I think Ethiopia will give the Somali region a referendum in the coming years.

Most Ethiopians don't have a problem with the Somali region leaving. Its just the government holding them hostage but would probably acquiesce as a gesture of good will to Somalia.

Last edited:
I'm not very familiar the politics in ethiopia, but do you have any sources that indicates this prediction? was there an announcement of sorts? I'm wondering why ethiopia would ever relinquish 50% of an estimated 7bn yearly in revenue when they have all the leverage.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I'm not very familiar the politics in ethiopia, but do you have any sources that indicates this prediction? was there an announcement of sorts? I'm wondering why ethiopia would ever relinquish 50% of an estimated 7bn yearly in revenue when they have all the leverage.

I mentioned my reasoning above.

Ethiopia knows well that the DDSI is the main thing holding back close relations between Somalia and Ethiopia.

It’s a smart political move to let them have a referendum when Somalia becomes stable.

reer

VIP
I mentioned my reasoning above.

Ethiopia knows well that the DDSI is the main thing holding back close relations between Somalia and Ethiopia.

It’s a smart political move to let them have a referendum when Somalia becomes stable.
the wounds are still there. if it comes back to somali control then maybe in 100 years beef dies down. but it will only return through war. because gumeysi wuxuu fahmaa waran iyo dhiig.

The Prophet (ﷺ) said: Let the Abyssinians alone as long as they let you alone, and let the Turks alone as long as they leave you alone.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
the wounds are still there. if it comes back to somali control then maybe in 100 years beef dies down. but it will only return through war. becajse guneysi wuxuu fahmaa waran iyo dhiig.

The Prophet (ﷺ) said: Let the Abyssinians alone as long as they let you alone, and let the Turks alone as long as they leave you alone.
I shall never leave an Amhara alone! Death to Itoobiya. Farmaajo is a disgrace for cosying up to them

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP

Most Ethiopians don't have a problem with the Somali region leaving. Its just the government holding them hostage but would probably acquiesce as a gesture of good will to Somalia.
They don't want the somalis but they do want the gas in galbeed

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Kenya. By far. They’ve housed millions of Somalis. Many Somalis are greatly successful there too. And tbh NFD is quite barren.

Kenya does not want our friendship.

I explained in an old post below....

Eastern Africa is moving in two directions: the Horn clique and the EAC

Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania etc. have made their Swahili language club known as the EAC, including non-Swahili speakers Rwanda and Sth Sudan, expecting those nations to adopt Swahili. Kenya is not interested in Horn clique joining the club as it would mean Somali, Amhara, Oromo will take precedence over Swahili and therefore erase their soft power.

The Horn clique is Somalia, Djibouti, Ethiopia and Eritrea. These four nations are the more strategically located nations in the region and is currently the scene of bidding wars between ME and Western powers. For these countries, it makes sense to be joined at the hip as it means they present a united front to any foreign powers attempting to invest or seek allies in the region. This allows for the nations to get better deals rather than having powers exploiting their weaknesses.

Issues like the maritime dispute, GERD dam and the Tigray conflict are side conflicts in the overarching paradigm shift we are witnessing in the region.

reer

VIP

seriously. what do bantu countries need from us? they use kenyan and tanzanian ports. they have much more human resources than us their industrial output will outnumber ours. they dont have deserts they dont need to buy our food. i only see qat.

I agree with your cited post except for the notion that those languages could pose a threat to Swahili; none of those languages have even a fraction of speakers.

The succes and peace of somalis would have been a reality if the somaliwayn notion was never conceived.

Somalia and Somaliland should never have united and somalis should just conquered the business aspect of each society/countries they lived in and through that sort influence in politics and decision making.

Based

VIP
The succes and peace of somalis would have been a reality if the somaliwayn notion was never conceived.

Somalia and Somaliland should never have united and somalis should just conquered the business aspect of each society/countries they lived in and through that sort influence in politics and decision making.
Do you see Somalia and Somaliland ever re-uniting in the future under any circumstances?

Trending