Assabiyyah/Racism/Tribalism in Islam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RudeBoi

Feel my D in her abs call me Abdi
Shaykh al-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah in his IqtiDaa’ Siraat al-Mustaqeem, volume 1, page 419:

فإن الذي عليه أهل السنة والجماعة اعتقاد أن جنس العرب أفضل من جنس العجم عبرانيهم وسريانيهم رومهم وفرسهم وغيرهم وأن قريشا أفضل العرب وأن بني هاشم أفضل قريش وأن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أفضل بني هاشم فهو أفضل الخلق نفسا وافضلهم نسبا

Indeed it is the belief of the Ahlus-Sunnah wal Jama’ah that the race of Arabs is superior to the race of non-Arabs, the Hebrews (Jews), the Syrians (Arameans), the Romans (Europeans), the Persians, and others. And indeed the Quraysh [tribe of the Prophet (S)] is the most superior among the Arabs. And indeed the Banu Hashim [the clan of the Prophet (S)] is the most superior among the Quraysh. And indeed the Prophet, may the Blessings and Peace of Allaah be upon him, is the most superior of the Banu Hashim, for he is the most superior of all creation by his own self, and also the most superior among them because of his lineage (ancestry).

Hafez

VIP
Islam doesn't condemn slavery, it gives guidelines for it's practice.
Slavery is only permissible as a result of war. It's not permissible to enslave a free person who's a non-harbi.

Englighten us then Vix... What do you suppose we do? Free the captives of war only for them to attack us again? All slaves (along with their offspring) are eventually Islamized and granted freedom. It's either that or outright death. No sane nation will freely release their enemies after they've surrendered. Pick up a history book for once.

Hafez

VIP
Shaykh al-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah in his IqtiDaa’ Siraat al-Mustaqeem, volume 1, page 419:

فإن الذي عليه أهل السنة والجماعة اعتقاد أن جنس العرب أفضل من جنس العجم عبرانيهم وسريانيهم رومهم وفرسهم وغيرهم وأن قريشا أفضل العرب وأن بني هاشم أفضل قريش وأن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم أفضل بني هاشم فهو أفضل الخلق نفسا وافضلهم نسبا

Indeed it is the belief of the Ahlus-Sunnah wal Jama’ah that the race of Arabs is superior to the race of non-Arabs, the Hebrews (Jews), the Syrians (Arameans), the Romans (Europeans), the Persians, and others. And indeed the Quraysh [tribe of the Prophet (S)] is the most superior among the Arabs. And indeed the Banu Hashim [the clan of the Prophet (S)] is the most superior among the Quraysh. And indeed the Prophet, may the Blessings and Peace of Allaah be upon him, is the most superior of the Banu Hashim, for he is the most superior of all creation by his own self, and also the most superior among them because of his lineage (ancestry).
The words of Ibn Taymiyyah (RH) are not the gospel truth. All scholars of Islam are prone to making mistakes, they're not infallible.

VixR

Veritas
What you laughing for abeed? :birdman:
I'm laughing @Hafez. I'm dead sure my Hajj comment on that Wahabi Saudi's thread is being implied here:lol:

Do Arabs have the concept of house and plantation ?

If I was a slave, I would be a house slave somaha cuz I resemble a Punjab nacalaa. Would put a concoction in massa's drink through the old female art of poison to free these ppl, and I would get no glory or praise from these blind plantation niggas, they would kill me first even as they worship the Ayrabs that have destroyed them now and their country :frdfvsb:

I weep for thee, my peoplefolk :frdfvsb:

RudeBoi

The words of Ibn Taymiyyah (RH) are not the gospel truth. All scholars of Islam are prone to making mistakes, they're not infallible.
He just confirms the ahaadeth above which are sa7ee7 by many scholars including Albani

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9

So you gonna take the words of some so called scholars over what allah and his prophet have said

Allah" O mankind, We have created you from a male and a female and have made you into nations and tribes for you to know one another. Truly, the noblest of you with God is the most pious.2 Truly, God is All-Knowing, All-Aware. (Quran, 49:13)

The Prophet: O people! Your God is one and your forefather (Adam) is one. An Arab is not better than a non-Arab and a non-Arab is not better than an Arab, and a red (i.e. white tinged with red) person is not better than a black person and a black person is not better than a red person,except in piety.

RudeBoi

So you gonna take the words of some so called scholars over what allah and his prophet have said

Allah" O mankind, We have created you from a male and a female and have made you into nations and tribes for you to know one another. Truly, the noblest of you with God is the most pious.2 Truly, God is All-Knowing, All-Aware. (Quran, 49:13)

The Prophet: O people! Your God is one and your forefather (Adam) is one. An Arab is not better than a non-Arab and a non-Arab is not better than an Arab, and a red (i.e. white tinged with red) person is not better than a black person and a black person is not better than a red person,except in piety.
أنا محمدُ بنُ عبدِ اللهِ بنِ عبدِ المطلبِ ، إنَّ اللهَ تعالى خلق الخلْقَ فجعلني في خيرِهم ، ثم جعلهم فرقتَين ، فجعلَني في خيرِهم فرقةً ، ثم جعلهم قبائلَ ، فجعلني في خيرِهم قبيلةً ، ثم جعلهم بيوتًا ، فجعلني في خيرهم بيتًا ، فأنا خيركُم بيتًا ، وأنا خيرُكم نفسًا

(The Prophet(S) said): ‘I am Muhammad bin ‘Abdullah bin ‘Abdul-Muttalib. Indeed, Allah created the creation and made me from the best of them, andHe then made them two groups (Arabs and non-Arabs) and made me from the best of them (the Arabs),

RudeBoi

Arabs are considered superior to your pagan black ass in Islam.You will always be considered a Xabashi(East African) raisin head :siilaanyolaugh:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
No they are not, even if they convert they and their descendants remain slaves for life until their master or his descendants decide to free them

:damedamn:

The Messenger of Allaah
icon--1.gif
said: "There are three types of people whose prayers will not ascend further than their ears: a runaway slave until he returns to his master, a woman whose husband spends the night angry with her, and an Imaam (in prayer) who leads people while they hate him.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I'm laughing @Hafez. I'm dead sure my Hajj comment on that Wahabi Saudi's thread is being implied here:lol:

Do Arabs have the concept of house and plantation ?

If I was a slave, I would be a house slave somaha cuz I resemble a Punjab nacalaa. Would put a concoction in massa's drink through the old female art of poison to free these ppl, and I would get no glory or praise from these blind plantation niggas, they would kill me first even as they worship the Ayrabs that have destroyed them now and their country :frdfvsb:

I weep for thee, my peoplefolk :frdfvsb:

I don't think you understand the concept of a house

:chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah:

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
أنا محمدُ بنُ عبدِ اللهِ بنِ عبدِ المطلبِ ، إنَّ اللهَ تعالى خلق الخلْقَ فجعلني في خيرِهم ، ثم جعلهم فرقتَين ، فجعلَني في خيرِهم فرقةً ، ثم جعلهم قبائلَ ، فجعلني في خيرِهم قبيلةً ، ثم جعلهم بيوتًا ، فجعلني في خيرهم بيتًا ، فأنا خيركُم بيتًا ، وأنا خيرُكم نفسًا

(The Prophet(S) said): ‘I am Muhammad bin ‘Abdullah bin ‘Abdul-Muttalib. Indeed, Allah created the creation and made me from the best of them, andHe then made them two groups (Arabs and non-Arabs) and made me from the best of them (the Arabs),

This is a fake hadith my friend :yloezpe::yloezpe:

Hafez

VIP
He just confirms the ahaadeth above which are sa7ee7 by many scholars including Albani
You've misunderstood their words lol. The Arabs are only "superior" in regards to their language.

"Indeed, We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur'an that you might understand." (12:2).

The Quraysh are not even the original Arabs, they're Arabized Arabs. Clearly the type of "superiority" that's been referred to in the aforementioned hadith is in regards to their language.

Adnani Arabs are more closely related to Jews than they are to the original Arabs (in terms of paternal ancestry). Thus it can't mean to be actual race but Arabic speaking peoples.

“Being an Arab is not because of your father or mother, but being an Arab is on account of your tongue. Whoever learns Arabic is an Arab.” This hadîth is related by Ibn`Asâkir in Târîkh Dimashq. It is a very weak hadîth. Ibn `Asâkir, al-Dhahabî and al-Nasâ’î declared its narrator, Salmân b. `Abd Allah to be extremely weak and unreliable.

"O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you..." (49:13).

Hafez

VIP
No they are not, even if they convert they and their descendants remain slaves for life until their master or his descendants decide to free them

I didn't say it's an Islamic obligation to free them, though the virtues of doing so are numerous. I've merely stated that this is something that tends to happen overtime. Show me a slave today who's from a family of a line of slaves tracing back to the Islamic golden age.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9

The Messenger of Allaah
icon--1.gif
said: "There are three types of people whose prayers will not ascend further than their ears: a runaway slave until he returns to his master, a woman whose husband spends the night angry with her, and an Imaam (in prayer) who leads people while they hate him.

atleast bring something credible sxb.

This narration by Jaabir was classified by Al-Albaani as Dha‘eef (weak) in his Dha‘eef Al-Jaami‘ As-Sagheer and Dha‘eef At-Targheeb wa-t-Tarheeb.

The Messenger of Allaah
icon--1.gif
said: "There are three types of people whose prayers will not ascend further than their ears: a runaway slave until he returns to his master, a woman whose husband spends the night angry with her, and an Imaam (in prayer) who leads people while they hate him." It was classified by Al-Albaani as Hasan (Good) in Saheeh At-Targheeb wa-t-Tarheeb.

VixR

Veritas
I don't think you understand the concept of a house

:chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah:
That portrayal of house is plantation showing their disdain for being plantation niggas, mirroring the class struggle in free society within slave society as well. House niggas involvement was crucial and necessary to the success of the underground railroad among other things, which goes conveniently forgotten.

Last edited:

RudeBoi

You've misunderstood their words lol. The Arabs are only "superior" in regards to their language.

"Indeed, We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur'an that you might understand." (12:2).

The Quraysh are not even the original Arabs, they're Arabized Arabs. Clearly the type of "superiority" that's been referred to in the aforementioned hadith is in regards to their language.

Adnani Arabs are more closely related to Jews than they are to the original Arabs (in terms of paternal ancestry). Thus it can't mean to be actual race but Arabic speaking peoples.

“Being an Arab is not because of your father or mother, but being an Arab is on account of your tongue. Whoever learns Arabic is an Arab.” This hadîth is related by Ibn`Asâkir in Târîkh Dimashq. It is a very weak hadîth. Ibn `Asâkir, al-Dhahabî and al-Nasâ’î declared its narrator, Salmân b. `Abd Allah to be extremely weak and unreliable.

"O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you..." (49:13).
In what way is your dhegacas language better then others? What is the criteria?

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
If it is said: If the slave becomes Muslim then why keep him as a slave, when the reason for slavery is kufr and fighting against Allaah and His Messenger, so this reason no longer applies?:

The answer is that the well known principle among the scholars and all wise people, which is that the previously established right cannot be erased by a right that is established later, and that what came first takes precedence, is obvious.

When the Muslims captured kuffaar, their right to possession was affirmed by the law of the Creator of all, Who is All Wise and All Knowing. So this right is confirmed and established. Then if the slave became Muslim after that, his right to escape slavery by embracing Islam was superseded by the mujaahid’s prior right to take possession of him before he became Muslim, and it would be unjust and unfair to annul the prior right because of a subsequent right, as is well known to all wise people.

Yes, it is good for the master to free the slave if he becomes Muslim. The Lawgiver enjoined and encouraged that, and opened many doors to it.

:chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah:

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
I didn't say it's an Islamic obligation to free them, though the virtues of doing so are numerous. I've merely stated that this is something that tends to happen overtime. Show me a slave today who's from a family of a line of slaves tracing back to the Islamic golden age.

If a person converts to Islam, they cannot be a slave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending