Are your parents racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents are so racist, esp my dad. He despises mathows and cusses them all the time. He hates other races too but he hates mathows the most. My mum is also racist & very colourist but not to the extent of my dad. I think my dad's racism has also been fuelled by personal experience bc he has to interact w/ a lot of thuggish mathows at his workplace.
Are your parents racist? I feel like most Somali parents are racist by default.

VIP
Our parents are all a little racist, mine dont hate a particular race, they're equal opportunity racists.

Gambar

VIP
My Ayeyo hates indhoyar and Mexicans ma ba arki karto. To be honest, my parents aren’t racist they don’t say anything.

VixR

Veritas
I wouldn't say they're racist, but they're definitely prejudiced. They don't like Mexicans and American Blacks as a group, but they're not outwardly racist to them, they're polite to their face. I'd say my parents are colorist too..

I wouldn't say they're racist, but they're definitely prejudiced. They don't like Mexicans and American Blacks as a group, but they're not outwardly racist to them, they're polite to their face. I'd say my parents are colorist too..
Mine are super colorist too, so is my ayeyo. The darkskins in my family are always getting mocked

my pops is racist, i don't think theres a group of people he respects whether xabash,cadaans, madows, carabs. oromos are the only people ive seen him say positive things about.

They aren't necessarily racist, but they do hold minor stereotypes against others that they'd prefer to mention behind closed doors. Maybe it's just human nature? I'm sure other groups have a few nasty things to say about us :kanyeshrug:
None of it stems from hate afaik

Last edited:
My father sometimes makes jokes about Bantus , however he sees the common struggle black people face together.Also he loves black athletes and is semi pan African. If your parents are racists they are pretty much uncle ruckus irl.

My parents use adoon but are quick to claim black when whites are involved :mjlol:
my dad was cool with our Neighbors thoe he even helped our AA neighbor with car troubles while also conversating with my nigga step father :manny:
I remember when that nigga got shot here some sjw somali females got my mom wanting to protest and shit i told her calm down:russ:
These birds using it could've been your son to get her emotional invested:mjlol:

My father sometimes makes jokes about Bantus , however he sees the common struggle black people face together.Also he loves black athletes and is semi pan African. If your parents are racists they are pretty much uncle ruckus irl.
My dad is racist behind closed doors, but irl he actually has a lot of mathow friends and has lived in a mathow country (kenya). He gets along w/ them fine. I think his real problem is with the ghetto/gangster culture that a lot of blacks follow, so he conflates that w/ black ppl.

Status
Not open for further replies.