Votes: 15 68.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
All my friends now are college kids like me and my family moved to the suburbs a while ago. It wouldn’t save everyone but it would save some I hope. I would hypothetically be in charge of the money and use it in ways to help not enable corruption
Grown men will do what they want to do. They already made their decision, and they’re not likely to stop just bc someone tells them they’re wrong. In fact, usually the opposite. It would have to be something they came to organically. The best way to help is to somehow reach the boy before he enters that lifestyle, not the man who’s already in the thick of it, which is where what Aussie said about environment comes into play.

Grown men will do what they want to do. They already made their decision, and they’re not likely to stop just bc someone tells them they’re wrong. In fact, usually the opposite. It would have to be something they came to organically. The best way to help is to somehow reach the boy before he enters that lifestyle, not the man who’s already in the thick of it.
Yeah but what about the younger generation they don’t have to go down the same road

VixR

Veritas
Yeah but what about the younger generation they don’t have to go down the same road
Sounds like you need something in spirit of a Big Brothers Big Sisters/Boy Scouts type program, which could include something like what you mentioned in the op. That would need seed money.

You could always just be the change, ie influence as much kids as you can. One of my neighbors growing up, a plumber and his wife, were known for fostering something in the range of 50 kids.

I admire that you want to do something about it.

@Geeljire lotus you need to move out from that place. Do whatever it takes to leave those circles, and never look back if you still have friends that are “in the game”.

Don’t become a next Nipsey Hustle (muh trying to “help” muh community, muh community kills me), bc how do you think those still caught up in what your describing will feel about the change in you, and about your little show that’s rightly dissing them? In many ways, collectivism is crippling. God knows how much money Somalis raise, but where does it all go? Save yourself.
Everyday sheik knocks my door to donate to new mosque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts