Would u support ?

• Yes

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone wanted to have an annual event showcasing achievements by Somali men in the diaspora picking a winner with cash prizes. To be part you’d have to subscribe with 25 dollars a month and even if you didn’t win the money is going to causes that will help the Somali community. Would you partake in that ?

Yes :fittytousand:
animated-somalia-flag-image-0002.gif

Yeah, but the Somali diaspora is too spread out. Especially in Europe, less so in the UK (London) and USA (Minnesota).

Also, how would this work out? Should they all travel to a single location to congregate? It's logistically difficult to organize.
It would have to start small, it could start in mn which is where I’m located and then we grow. We can host one in mn, Canada, and the uk all at the same time. If I can get only 500 people that’s already a 150 thousand a year big game changer. This would hopefully galvanize Geeljires and only nin rag would be getting the cash prizes so there’s incentive for everyone to do thier best and help out the community .

Move out of the ghetto and have fewer children that you can raise and actively be part of their lives. Some will succeed and others will fail. Speak to kids and encourage them and the rest is up to their parents and their environment. Don’t waste your time in trying to correct the choices of others, concentrate in building your life.

If the money was going to somalis in the west I wouldnt get invilved. We have enough resources and help here. Pouring money on people who make bad life choices isnt gonna change anything

If the money was going to somalis in the west I wouldnt get invilved. We have enough resources and help here. Pouring money on people who make bad life choices isnt gonna change anything
The whole point is to build an economic block and use the money strategically. It would bring trust in the community and when we have enough people signed up I would help somalia. People rely too much on government to get stuff down when really the private sector is where the magic happens

The whole point is to build an economic block and use the money strategically. It would bring trust in the community and when we have enough people signed up I would help somalia. People rely too much on government to get stuff down when really the private sector is where the magic happens
You said 7 friends were killed by other somalis. Its a culture problem rather than money. No one is starving enough in the west where they have to resort to killing. Its like the ghettos problem. Money cant change the culture

You said 7 friends were killed by other somalis. Its a culture problem rather than money. No one is starving enough in the west where they have to resort to killing. Its like the ghettos problem. Money cant change the culture
I agree it is a culture problem, that’s why I’m trying to reward good behavior so I’m basically trying to change the culture. I’m trying to reward the man who embodies what being a noble Geeljire is all about and I’m giving everyone hero’s to emulate at the same time. Too much low standards in the community

VixR

Veritas
@Geeljire lotus you need to move out from that place. Do whatever it takes to leave those circles, and never look back if you still have friends that are “in the game”.

Don’t become a next Nipsey Hustle (muh trying to “help” muh community, muh community kills me), bc how do you think those still caught up in what your describing will feel about the change in you, and about your little show that’s rightly dissing them? In many ways, collectivism is crippling. God knows how much money Somalis raise, but where does it all go? Save yourself.

Move out of the ghetto and have fewer children that you can raise and actively be part of their lives. Some will succeed and others will fail. Speak to kids and encourage them and the rest is up to their parents and their environment. Don’t waste your time in trying to correct the choices of others, concentrate in building your life.

Couldn’t agree more. @Geeljire lotus, the problems facing the Somali community are too deep-rooted for one annual congregation to solve. Not to mention the fact that the majority of troubled Somali households are the ones with immigrant (not born in the West) parents. Focus on yourself and your own future family and make use of the wonderful freedoms and opportunities that are available in the West.

@Geeljire lotus you need to move out from that place. Do whatever it takes to leave those circles, and never look back if you still have friends that are “in the game”.

Don’t become a next Nipsey Hustle (muh trying to “help” muh community, muh community kills me), bc how do you think those still caught up in what your describing will feel about the change in you, and about your little show that’s rightly dissing them? In many ways, collectivism is crippling. God knows how much money Somalis raise, but where does it all go? Save yourself.
All my friends now are college kids like me and my family moved to the suburbs a while ago. It wouldn’t save everyone but it would save some I hope. I would hypothetically be in charge of the money and use it in ways to help not enable corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts