Are you thankful for being in the West instead of Somalia?

Life in Somalia or Africa generally isn’t perfect when you don’t have money. The large percentage of people in Somalia don’t have any and most survive on less than $2 a day. Even that is not guaranteed daily. The first time I was there was a bit difficult for me but I got used to the life there. You’ll tend to notice many things there when you haven’t been there before. It’s one of the many reasons why I strive to better myself here in the West daily.

Most diaspora who haven’t been back home don’t realize how lucky we are to be here in the West. Many people back home would kill for the life we live. I thank Allah for giving me a Western passport and education every day. I can travel the world and work anywhere with my Western documents.

Mozart

You need people like me
Definitely. I’d be 22 and married with kids whilst working a laborious job. Life is definitely better here

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
At the same time yes but at the same time I love Somalia Gaalkacyo Puntland :rejoice:

For some Somalis living in the west doesn't work out. I know of a Somali man in his 40s who has been in and out of jail due to his alcohol and class A drug addictions.

I suspect had he been living in Africa perhaps (not 100% sure) he'd be in a better state.

My theory is, educated well to do African diaspora do well in western countries. Low educated easily susceptible immigrants fair worse in advanced western societies with liberal attitudes towards drugs and socially unhealthy behaviour.

Trending