• For BLM

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Against it

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • Neutral

Votes: 12 26.1%

• Total voters
Yes because it benefits Somalis.

OP if you want to discredit a movement with bullshit at the very least try harder. It's worse than your takes on communism

Speaking of communism and BLM what links the two? You made a comment about it which I replied to and you still haven't given an answer.
This is bullshit? BLM in truth has become a toxic movement, and there's more to it than just fighting injustice. Black Lives Matter is problematic.

For it :kanyeshrug:
The time for research was loonggg ago, you’re late. I don’t support the looting thus far or the random burning (other than the police precincts.) Other than that, people coming back for police after attacked is completely reasonable after all of these years.
There's no need for research, everyone already knew BLM was shit. And no, people attacking police isn't perfectly reasonable at all. That isn't how justice is served, and how can really say who, with what. when. and how anybody mistreated anyone? The truth is, the police are pretty damn good at their jobs. The Minnesota Police Department only has four deaths in its history. Not bad.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
This is bullshit? BLM in truth has become a toxic movement, and there's more to it than just fighting injustice. Black Lives Matter is problematic.
If so then the black panther party's protests decades ago must've been problematic too but guess what it achieved change. Peaceful protests only get you an audience at best, the civil rights era shows that. What's problematic is the police's abuse of authority and their institutional racism which can lead to death. Address the problem, not the symptom.

at the end of the day I'd rather no Somali ever faced that sort of shit so I'll support it. I care for my community more than I care for others.

If so then the black panther party's protests decades ago must've been problematic too but guess what it achieved change. Peaceful protests only get you an audience at best, the civil rights era shows that. What's problematic is the police's abuse of authority and their institutional racism which can lead to death. Address the problem, not the symptom.

at the end of the day I'd rather no Somali ever faced that sort of shit so I'll support it. I care for my community more than I care for others.
You're right, but things have really changed since then. A hacktivist organization like Anonymous is way more effective than any street protest, which usually devolves into a riot. Somali-Americans are little affected by African-American issues in general, but especially this one in particular. The 'George Floyd protests' have caused more harm than good to the Somali community. While abuse of authority is problematic, it is only lethal or serious in limited occasions.

a y a n

nigga I am not a firefighter
VIP
This is what happens when your officers have dozens of complaints of assault against them :kanyeshrug: :russ:

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
I'm just curious what the people in general think.

Personally, I'm against BLM.

One reason I'm against BLM is that the BLM crowd is out to try to force you into joining their cause and beliefs They want you to join up in their movement and want to shame you if you don't go along with it.

If you're trying to sell me something, I just want you to calmly, objective explain the product to me.

What I don't want is salesman trickery and manipulation.

If BLM is a wonderful thing, they should have some kind of BLM Handbook or Manifesto..... then you calmly read it if you want and then you can decide to accept it or reject it.

But the BLM people don't want that. They want you to ACT NOW- go join their ideology NOW. In the next five minutes like an infomercial. You can't just be allowed to take your time, research and think things over.

I don't really care if you support BLM. If you support BLM, okay. But the BLM people want YOU to join them.

I don't go around trying to force my views on people. I think I am perfectly right to be against BLM wanting to force its ideology on everyone and thinking the ends justifies the means.

If we fall for the emotional manipulation tricks and get sucked into hysteria, I think these movements set a dangerous precedent. If we accept that BLM can emerge out of nowhere and tell is what we're allowed to think- then this means next year some other movement can come with who knows what kind of ideology and then try to force you to believe it

Honestly, I just want to be left alone and I think BLM is intrusive. They can think what they want but I want them to leave people alone and not try to force their ideology on people.
i support the idea blacks should create a united organization that stands and speaks for their interest however the way this movement works and behaves they support anybody as long as they are black witch i disagree with.

Yes because it benefits Somalis.

OP if you want to discredit a movement with bullshit at the very least try harder. It's worse than your takes on communism

Speaking of communism and BLM what links the two? You made a comment about it which I replied to and you still haven't given an answer.

the majority of the people voting voted against BLM.... you really don't understand how BLM serves a Communist agenda? you need to leave the leftist bubble..... maybe you're posting from Sweden

also your attitude exemplifies exactly why I despise Antifa, BLM, etc.... you are basically an Antifa type.... you can't just calmly discuss differences in views.... do your own research and learn how Communism ties into BLM/Antifa/etc.

Everything in this day and age involves “salesman trickery and manipulation” if you hate a certain ideology or movement the trick is to pay it no mind and carry on unbothered. When you give it your energy/go looking for that type of content you have no one to blame but yourself

Where does Islam say just ignore stuff? BLM is aggressive and trying to force itself on people, there is nothing wrong with me responding to it. BLM hasn't left me alone, its followers have gone out of their way to annoy me so I have a right to respond.

Also, no, not everything is using the same tactics as blm. I don't try to force my views on others, blm has no right to try to force their views on me and I have a right to respond to them trying to do so.

For the principles. Because the US is a global superpower and how blacks are treated there has global ramifications. People copy the US a lot.

Against the tactics and optics. Less violence and they need to oust some of the fringe elements among them.

the principles are lesbianism and feminism

For it :kanyeshrug:
The time for research was loonggg ago, you’re late. I don’t support the looting thus far or the random burning (other than the police precincts.) Other than that, people coming back for police after attacked is completely reasonable after all of these years.

the time for research is whenever it's done.... blm has been a thing way before I ever had an account here.... I know these people and I want them to quit antagonizing society

you might say I'm late as far as this new wave but that's because I've been minding my business and I didn't really care until they went out of their way to annoy me

The poll should’ve been public i wanna see all the coons that voted against it
It makes no sense. Do these guys not realize that the whiteys don’t understand or even care to differentiate between Somalis and AAs. To them we’re all the same and the easiest variable they can find is the colour of our skin which is black, no matter how much they want to be different in the eyes of the whites they will always just be lumped among blacks.

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
Where does Islam say just ignore stuff? BLM is aggressive and trying to force itself on people, there is nothing wrong with me responding to it. BLM hasn't left me alone, its followers have gone out of their way to annoy me so I have a right to respond.

Also, no, not everything is using the same tactics as blm. I don't try to force my views on others, blm has no right to try to force their views on me and I have a right to respond to them trying to do so.
How is blm exactly forcing itself on you? You’re not black so I can see why you’re anti blm. And linking everything you dislike with communism? You sound like a white supremacist, too bad you don’t have the skin to match

And on the Islam issue, correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t Islam urge people to fight against those who are oppressing/discriminatory? Funny how you don’t bring up the injustices faced by black people especially at the hands of law enforcement which subsequently led to the rise of blm. But of course blm annoying you is of more importance.

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
It makes no sense. Do these guys not realize that the whiteys don’t understand or even care to differentiate between Somalis and AAs. To them we’re all the same and the easiest variable they can find is the colour of our skin which is black, no matter how much they want to be different in the eyes of the whites they will always just be lumped among blacks.
OP is not even Somali so he clearly doesn’t care whether or not we’re seen and treated the same as other blacks

OP is not even Somali so he clearly doesn’t care whether or not we’re seen and treated the same as other blacks
I knew this moron was just trying to stir shit, last time he got BTFO for trying to spread false information. I’m not sure why he isn’t band yet for this weird agenda he continually tries to push.

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
The BLM folk in Canada just like ing for fun we live in Canada there's no police brutality ole crybaby ass niggas :heh:

Yes, anytime anyone disagrees with me they make a big deal about me being ajnabi.

That being said, I care about Muslims and I want people of color to rise in order to break down Western hegemony. I am actually a Third Worldist to a degree. That's why I mocked blm types not caring about the Third World in my "what have you done for AAs" thread

My point of dissension with AA culture is basically similar to how a lot of African immigrants have dissension with it. We come from more conservative, Third World cultures. I don't care that the AA's are whatever color- I have a problem with the culture as identifying with the United States, for one, and I have a problem with the culture's Westernization.

If you just want to try to score rhetorical points without regard for honesty, you could say I'm a malicious ajnabi. If you say I have an agenda, of course I have an agenda. I have an agenda that is basically Third Worldist. AAs are used to push Westernization across the world. Their culture is a vessel for Westernization.

My issue with AA culture is about culture and not race.

Now, specifically, we are talking about blm.

This is about feminism, lesbianism and cultural Marxism. This kind of garbage has destroyed the AA community.

As I see it, communities from the Third World such as Africa and Latin America can come here and imitate AA culture and adopt its values..... or they can take a more national approach and refuse to become integrated in that manner.

I think there is clearly a divide between people who want to assimilate and who want to preserve their culture.

You assimilate and you become one of these blm types... you will see what happens! Broken families, single motherhood, loss of religion.

I am against broken families and loss of religion. I believe in God and family.

I am against Communism whether it's being pushed by AA's, Russians, Africans, Latin Americans, Asians, whoever. As far as I'm concerned, blm is a Communist movement. I would the same way whether they were any other race.

Now- are Somalis treated like AAs? Why would anyone expect me to weigh in on that issue? You might as well accuse me of not caring about the issue of Somaliland.

Look, I have no particular opinion about the Somaliland issue, nor do I have any particular opinion about whether Somalis are treated like AAs. It has nothing to do with caring or not caring. It's that I don't like to talk about things I don't know about. I grew up around AAs, I live around a lot of AAs. I am very familiar with them. I know these blm types.

All I did here was poll people because I wondered how people viewed things. And I gave my own view. This attacking me on a basis of racism- this is precisely why I'm not in favor of you blm supporters. Blm is against racism against AAs but they're fine with racism against others. And this aggressive attitude- if I had said I was for blm, there would not be a racist attack against me. But because I disagree with blm, racist attack against me. I thank you for solidifying my opposition. You want me to cry about racism against AAs but you're fine with promoting racism against me. I don't expect you to care but you can't expect me to be an idiot and go against my own interest.

Trending