Are you an Ajnabi member? Any Non-Somali people here?

Are you a ajnabi?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
6’5”??? You’re a pure dinka alright, I play basketball with a 6’9” south sudanese man. Incredibly tall people :wow:

I'm glad that I'm the same height as my father. South Sudanese now just need to add muscle mass by incorporating a high protein diet because unfortunately we're wafer thin.

My community needs to organise the diaspora and teach every young man how to cook and advise them on what foods to eat and the workouts they should do. My younger brother is 6'7 and my uncle is 6'10 and both of them are stocky.

I went back home in 2016 and one of my father's female cousin was 6'3 and she would try to mock me by saying that she was taller than me.

I was so relieved when my middle sister stopped growing at 6'2 because other cultures are not as accepting of really tall women.

Did you know that somalis, on average have 40-50% ancient proto-nilote DNA. Unfortunately the gene for height skipped us:wow: Somalis are above average height, but not like you guys.

Yes, I heard that you guys have significant proto-Nilotic ancestry. Somalis are actually pretty tall; my brother's Somali friend has brothers that are all over 6'4 and the father is around 6'6.

Somalis will grow once nutrition improves with economic growth.

Our Nilotic height is the product of selection and we've been practising this for thousands of years; we value height; women want to marry tall men and men want to marry tall women and we pay more Mahr (100 cows) if a woman is exceptionally tall.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I'm glad that I'm the same height as my father. South Sudanese now just need to add muscle mass by incorporating a high protein diet because unfortunately we're wafer thin.

My community needs to organise the diaspora and teach every young man how to cook and advise them on what foods to eat and the workouts they should do. My younger brother is 6'7 and my uncle is 6'10 and both of them are stocky.

I went back home in 2016 and one of my father's female cousin was 6'3 and she would try to mock me by saying that she was taller than me.

I was so relieved when my middle sister stopped growing at 6'2 because other cultures are not as accepting of really tall women.
yes, that 6’9 man is pretty skinny unfortunately. Probably weighed 190 pounds or so, but that still didn’t stop him from dominating in the paint and putting up buckets lol.

Somalis are also in similar conditions, we’re not as tall as you but we’re kind of thin too. I’m 6’ and not even 130 lbs. My cousin’s 6’6” and he’s like 170 lbs. I try to eat a lot but I just can’t gain weight.

the men in my family are mostly in the 5’11-6’2 range, of course with som outliers that are past 6’3” and some shorter than 5’10.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Our Nilotic height is the product of selection and we've been practising this for thousands of years; we value height; women want to marry tall men and men want to marry tall women and we pay more Mahr (100 cows) if a woman is exceptionally tall.
I actually get my height from my mom lol, my dad’s pretty short but my mother’s 5’9, she was probably even taller in her prime. 5’9 for women translates to be 6’1-6’2 for men so hopefully I’ll grow to there, my brother’s 6’1 himself.

I’m thankful my dad didn’t follow the western customs of marrying a shorter woman lol

Yes, I heard that you guys have significant proto-Nilotic ancestry. Somalis are actually pretty tall; my brother's Somali friend has brothers that are all over 6'4 and the father is around 6'6.

Somalis will grow once nutrition improves with economic growth.

Somalis can be tall as I know multiple guys over 6,5. Difference most of us guys are around 5’10- 6’1 (diaspora). It will take couple generations to make it higher. Also you guys have better diet then us. Malnutrition aside, we have a bad diet ( not all). People eat way too much carbs and not enough protein. Also camel milk is scarce in the cities.

I have theorised that one of the reasons you guys are taller then us is that you guys primarily heard cows instead camels. Cows give a LOT more milk than camels, but camel milk is a lot healthier. Could this be one of the reason for your guys height?

yes, that 6’9 man is pretty skinny unfortunately. Probably weighed 190 pounds or so, but that still didn’t stop him from dominating in the paint and putting up buckets lol.

Somalis are also in similar conditions, we’re not as tall as you but we’re kind of thin too. I’m 6’ and not even 130 lbs. My cousin’s 6’6” and he’s like 170 lbs. I try to eat a lot but I just can’t gain weight.

the men in my family are mostly in the 5’11-6’2 range, of course with som outliers that are past 6’3” and some shorter than 5’10.

Your 6'9 friend is very thin -- even by South Sudanese standards; his height undoubtedly makes it even more pronounced. I used to fly and dunk on people prior to my ACL and meniscus tears.

I'll regain weight once my knees recover after my surgery.

Every population with Nilotic genes needs to eat more meals and should drastically increase protein intake as well as carbohydrates.

How much research did you do into your diet? Planning your meals is essential; supplements also help.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Your 6'9 friend is very thin -- even by South Sudanese standards; his height undoubtedly makes it even more pronounced. I used to fly and dunk on people prior to my ACL and meniscus tears.

I'll regain weight once my knees recover after my surgery.

Every population with Nilotic genes needs to eat more meals and should drastically increase protein intake as well as carbohydrates.

How much research did you do into your diet? Planning your meals is essential; supplements also help.
6’9 190 lbs is thin but not THAT thin. It’s hard to use bmi at heights that tall but it’s still acceptable.

I don’t do much meal planning, I’m 17 and only eat what my mom cooks lol. Maybe when I move out I’ll start cooking for myself and choosing my portions.

For now I eat mainly rice and chicken with meals my mom cooks and in between those I’ll make make myself a sandwich and drink milk. It’s been enough to help me gain weight but very gradually.

Somalis can be tall as I know multiple guys over 6,5. Difference most of us guys are around 5’10- 6’1 (diaspora). It will take couple generations to make it higher. Also you guys have better diet then us. Malnutrition aside, we have a bad diet ( not all). People eat way too much carbs and not enough protein. Also camel milk is scarce in the cities.

I have theorised that one of the reasons you guys are taller then us is that you guys primarily heard cows instead camels. Cows give a LOT more milk than camels, but camel milk is a lot healthier. Could this be one of the reason for your guys height?

Our diet is relatively healthy because we didn't consume too much red meat until very recently; we use our cows for dowry and only slaughter them on special occasions -- like marking a peace treaty between clans.

I think selection (rather than diet) is primarily the reason we're so tall; bones from thousands of years ago in ancient Sudan show tall people that practiced avulsion; we still have the practice in isolated villages.

My younger cousins in the West are all taller than me, so diet does play a role. My sister is 6'2 but I wouldn't chalk her height up to having been born in the West; our grandmother was around the same height.

I actually get my height from my mom lol, my dad’s pretty short but my mother’s 5’9, she was probably even taller in her prime. 5’9 for women translates to be 6’1-6’2 for men so hopefully I’ll grow to there, my brother’s 6’1 himself.

I’m thankful my dad didn’t follow the western customs of marrying a shorter woman lol

Your situation reminds me of my aunt; she's 6'0 and her husband is just under 6 foot; their son is 6'8.

Your dad made the right choice because being short is a horrible fate for a man.

I will marry a 6'3 Dinka-Nuer woman and have giant children; I'll feed them well so they look and become powerful.

I do hate the fact that the dowry system is still in place in Nilotic cultures; it gives men a sense of ownership over a woman; the standard dowry is now around 80k with 30k being the minimum.

My cousin got his girlfriend pregnant without first meeting the father, mother and the uncles and aunts; the family had to bail him out with a 20k apology sum; his father has since paid a further 15k and it's not over.

Last edited:
imagine a mutt mixed with native and portguese dna mixed with somali dna only thing that strong is a big forehead and shit hairline :farmajoyaab:i wont marry a xalimo probably sad to know

Are you saying it is by your choice not to marry a somali woman? Or you gave up because you think they won't marry someone like you?

If it is the latter, your are mistaken. Somali women aren't exclusive to Somali men. All races can easily get a xalimo with no sweat nowadays. And I am not saying this to insult my kinsmen, just stating facts.

If you are young, work and take care of your looks, you can get the best somali woman. If you are a loser, on welfare, sell crack on the corner street, you still can get a somali woman.

Curious what makes you interested in somalispot?

Yes. Ani Oromo. I am an Oromo who gets confused for being a Somali a LOT, even by fellow Ethiopians, and even by White folks lol.
I think it's my shiny forehead and aquiline/thin nose :)
I consider Somali's to be my beoble, so.

Yes. Ani Oromo. I am an Oromo who gets confused for being a Somali a LOT, even by fellow Ethiopians, and even by White folks lol.
I think it's my shiny forehead and aquiline/thin nose :)
I consider Somali's to be my beoble, so.
If you are southern or eastern oromo then you're Somali my brother:rejoice:

If you are southern or eastern oromo then you're Somali my brother:rejoice:

does that mean I am entitled to a beautiful halimo wife, a plot of land in jijiga, a few camels, and sheep?! lol

I've often wondered if I have any Somali ancestors. I do have Silte family members that I recently found out about, so ya never know. I remember an ethiopian cab driver asked me if i was habesha, i didn't answer, then he said ethiopian, i said yeah, and then he said you look like somali bro.
lol after I said I was ethio, he said i look somali. then i was on my way to work, and a random white guy approaches me like, are you a somali bro?

does that mean I am entitled to a beautiful halimo wife, a plot of land in jijiga, a few camels, and sheep?! lol

I've often wondered if I have any Somali ancestors. I do have Silte family members that I recently found out about, so ya never know. I remember an ethiopian cab driver asked me if i was habesha, i didn't answer, then he said ethiopian, i said yeah, and then he said you look like somali bro.
lol after I said I was ethio, he said i look somali. then i was on my way to work, and a random white guy approaches me like, are you a somali bro?
It's because of your Somali beauty :russsmug:I only have 3 goats but sharing is caring
:duckr:

It's because of your Somali beauty :russsmug:I only have 3 goats but sharing is caring
:duckr:

Lol *blushes in a manly way.*

Gotta admit though, we do look alike-if you put some oromo, some afar, and some somali's in a room, it'd be hard to tell who was who. I remember living in Stone Mountain, Georgia, and it's an area full of Somali's, and when I would go to the masjid [tawheed] they thought I was a Somali. I fit right in, lol.

Lol *blushes in a manly way.*

Gotta admit though, we do look alike-if you put some oromo, some afar, and some somali's in a room, it'd be hard to tell who was who. I remember living in Stone Mountain, Georgia, and it's an area full of Somali's, and when I would go to the masjid [tawheed] they thought I was a Somali. I fit right in, lol.
lol you are right, people do not know the difference between Hornfricans in general, I had an oromo girl in my class and the teacher always asked us Somalis to translate:noneck:

Trending