Are we still primitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Homo sapiens love wearing jewelry and are also busy copying the latest fashion trends. The fact that this seems like sophistication leads me to believe it's is a primitive behavior expressed in a bit more complex manner.

Have we humans reached their biological limit unable to enter the next plateau in human progression? Are we unable to move forward? I see that culture, religion, race, nations and societal norms are holding us back everywhere. Not to mention the frail human behavior affected by this toxic environment we created in the first place, which turns innocent babies to monsters later in life. Or two individuals growing up differently and then later develop completely different views on politics, culture, economic systems and so on. Later these individuals will use media platforms to influence people with their ignorance. And the cycle continues.

Technology may help us enhance ourselves, but I think we are too primitive to move forward now. Not to mention what this newfound technology would add to the existing geopolitical animosity that exists today.

I feel like human beings are not aware of their shortcomings, considering our minds are very corrupt and often hold contradictory viewpoints caused by lack of information, or a dysfunctional upbringing.

People talk about progression in the lens of amassed capital, but this is not real progression. It's just a short-term satisfaction concentrated in a small place and not evened out.

How can we as human beings create a Type 1 civilization but value tribes, nations, cultures and all the things which separate us? It just doesn't make sense. AI implanted in our brains sounds interesting though.

A Malthusian catastrophe will happen, AI will be used maliciously (or take over), or something along those lines.

But know this, in every possible scenario, I think Africa is going to get the short end of the stick.

That is the reason why I choose to be rich, and exploitative. This world is too inconsistent for a real guy like me, so that's why I join the madness. Money rules the world, so I want to be a moneymakingmachine.

I'm eating ice cream in the winter and felt some type of way.

Lay off the pills kid
Ok, granny.:hemad:
5784.jpg

Not at all, I was partially writing nonsense (which makes sense), to spark an interesting conversation that I never got. People are drawn to other things if you know what I mean.
In the end, I'm primitive like you.;)

So, if you want to join the money making machine, would you not feel empty and depleted inside as you have dedicated your life to exploit those that are weaker than you?

Also, is it not our duty as humans to lessen the madness of this world, and try and get rid of the social issues that plague humanity?

Also, your primitive comment. To a certain extent, we are all rather primitive, but we delude ourselves to think that we are advanced just because we are surrounded by technology, yet jealously, greed, murder ect all of that is rife amongst humans.

So, if you want to join the money making machine, would you not feel empty and depleted inside as you have dedicated your life to exploit those that are weaker than you?

Also, is it not our duty as humans to lessen the madness of this world, and try and get rid of the social issues that plague humanity?

Also, your primitive comment. To a certain extent, we are all rather primitive, but we delude ourselves to think that we are advanced just because we are surrounded by technology, yet jealously, greed, murder ect all of that is rife amongst humans.
I have a family I got to take care of, and I sort of like making money. I'm not exploiting any more than the average corporate person. But I believe I give more than I take, in the end.

You are correct, but life is short, and I don't have time and energy to spare on other things than what is right in front of me. I accept the reality as it is, and does not go against the grain. Not to mention that we Somalis as people need to move up the socio-economic ladder to fix things back home.

I've planned out my life. I have a role to play. Becoming rich is something that will benefit me, and my people.

Homo sapiens love wearing jewelry and are also busy copying the latest fashion trends. The fact that this seems like sophistication leads me to believe it's is a primitive behavior expressed in a bit more complex manner.

Have we humans reached their biological limit unable to enter the next plateau in human progression? Are we unable to move forward? I see that culture, religion, race, nations and societal norms are holding us back everywhere. Not to mention the frail human behavior affected by this toxic environment we created in the first place, which turns innocent babies to monsters later in life. Or two individuals growing up differently and then later develop completely different views on politics, culture, economic systems and so on. Later these individuals will use media platforms to influence people with their ignorance. And the cycle continues.

Technology may help us enhance ourselves, but I think we are too primitive to move forward now. Not to mention what this newfound technology would add to the existing geopolitical animosity that exists today.

I feel like human beings are not aware of their shortcomings, considering our minds are very corrupt and often hold contradictory viewpoints caused by lack of information, or a dysfunctional upbringing.

People talk about progression in the lens of amassed capital, but this is not real progression. It's just a short-term satisfaction concentrated in a small place and not evened out.

How can we as human beings create a Type 1 civilization but value tribes, nations, cultures and all the things which separate us? It just doesn't make sense. AI implanted in our brains sounds interesting though.

A Malthusian catastrophe will happen, AI will be used maliciously (or take over), or something along those lines.

But know this, in every possible scenario, I think Africa is going to get the short end of the stick.

That is the reason why I choose to be rich, and exploitative. This world is too inconsistent for a real guy like me, so that's why I join the madness. Money rules the world, so I want to be a moneymakingmachine.

Actually no, you've got it mixed the other way around. Primitive societies are more mature and refined. Our primitive ancestors didn't wear gaudy jewelry, obsess about vapid pointless things like "how many likes did I get on Facebook and Twitter" and were much more in tune with the world and universe. There was no obesity and we only ate and drank fresh healthy grains and wild vegetables. We only ate when we needed to. The happiest time in human existence was when we were all still just bands of hunter-gatherers. The only downside was the lack of modern healthcare.

Actually no, you've got it mixed the other way around. Primitive societies are more mature and refined. Our primitive ancestors didn't wear gaudy jewelry, obsess about vapid pointless things like "how many likes did I get on Facebook and Twitter" and were much more in tune with the world and universe. There was no obesity and we only ate and drank fresh healthy grains and wild vegetables. We only ate when we needed to. The happiest time in human existence was when we were all still just bands of hunter-gatherers. The only downside was the lack of modern healthcare.
You are correct in that hunter-gatherers had what they needed and lived the most egalitarian we have ever lived.

But don't you think that jewelry and fashion trends existed within these small groups? I also think this is a tricky subject. It's not like our ancestors had access to wear the extravagant stuff, and use Facebook and then chose not to because of a superior philosophy. The truth is that they were more primitive in the techniques of resource gathering and were fewer in numbers.

You don't go to an uneducated man who lives a frugal/simple life and claims that he is more superior because he lives off nature. And then claim a banker is inferior because he is enslaved by his own primitive greed. They are both slaves of the environment, and their brain which has evolved through evolution is identical and would react the same with dopamine under the same external environmental pressures.

I think I agree with you in the regard that they lived superior, but from an ignorant disposition, and not based on superior philosophy. They just happened to be right, and not aware of it. It's like claiming that animals are not primitive because they live and operate true to their nature.

Thank you for the input btw.

You are correct in that hunter-gatherers had what they needed and lived the most egalitarian we have ever lived.

But don't you think that jewelry and fashion trends existed within these small groups? I also think this is a tricky subject. It's not like our ancestors had access to wear the extravagant stuff, and use Facebook and then chose not to because of a superior philosophy. The truth is that they were more primitive in the techniques of resource gathering and were fewer in numbers.

You don't go to an uneducated man who lives a frugal/simple life and claims that he is more superior because he lives off nature. And then claim a banker is inferior because he is enslaved by his own primitive greed. They are both slaves of the environment, and their brain which has evolved through evolution is identical and would react the same with dopamine under the same external environmental pressures.

I think I agree with you in the regard that they lived superior, but from an ignorant disposition, and not based on superior philosophy. They just happened to be right, and not aware of it. It's like claiming that animals are not primitive because they live and operate true to their nature.

Thank you for the input btw.

Yes jewelry did exist. But it was mostly crude necklaces made from shells, semi-precious stones and metals.

As for your other statement, the banker is a slave to capitalism. The hunter-gatherer is not a slave, but a part and product of his environment. Banking is a human construct.

Yes jewelry did exist. But it was mostly crude necklaces made from shells, semi-precious stones and metals.

As for your other statement, the banker is a slave to capitalism. The hunter-gatherer is not a slave, but a part and product of his environment. Banking is a human construct.
Trade with currency as the medium is a good social-construct.

"Yes jewelry did exist. But it was mostly crude necklaces made from shells, semi-precious stones and metals."

And this was my initial point. People had the same impulses, but more primitive.

Last edited:

Tjioux

the pussy is never yours, its just your turn.

I like the way you think. How old are you sxb?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Ice cream is the only thing that spoke to me in all this long drivel. Hhhhmmm Yummmm.

Trade with currency as the medium is a good social-construct.

Actually, trade is fairly new in human history. There was obviously some sort of mutual aid between hunter-gatherer bands, I'm assuming, which would constitute as some form of crude exchange, but based on altruism not profit. It wouldn't be in any form we understand today. Trade didn't come until well into the agricultural revolution when we had the time and energy to cultivate and trade commodities.

"Yes jewellery did exist. But it was mostly crude necklaces made from shells, semi-precious stones and metals."

And this was my initial point. People had the same impulses, but more primitive.

Yes, but in the banker's scenario, it is in excess of his/her needs. You can choose to live in a house or a mansion, both meet your criteria of a warm, dry and sanitary shelter. But obviously the former is more reasonable and the latter is excessive and based on wage-theft and exploitation. Early humans had jewellery, but they didn't have the exploitative capitalistic fuelled minerals and gems industry we have today, built on the backs of slave labour and fuelling wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts