Are we making it OK for others to talk down about Somalis?

In real life I don't see this energy between somali men and women.

Do you guys notice as well?

How do we stop this?
People feel more emboldened online, their true feelings come out.

Don't have to stop anything, a person doesn't have to like their ethnic counterpart. That entitlement needs to die.

These little twitter kids are merely imitating other groups with their gender wars on that toxic platform. They are utterly lacking in originality and appear to be following whatever agenda is doled out to the masses. It's very sad.

I'm going to defend the Abdis this round. I don't condone the use of the hackneyed term - incel. Since when was not fornicating an insult? Its baffling.

giphy.gif
I take my toupee off for you my lady..

You man are too funny you talk about other ethnicities all day then get angry when people talk about Somalis loool

I know I'm not worried about other mans. I worry about myself, family, community and Somalis in general.

But I've seen non Somalis trying to clown us for clout, it's becoming a trend.

Best response is silence I guess.

It’s something you grow up with I suppose, or something your parents teach you. I’m not sure. The problem is, these teenagers are on social media 24/7. It would be better for them to focus on their studies , deen, work out. Or do some real activities. Learn new skills etc. They need to take a step back, disconnect from SM for a while and clear their minds.

I went with my little brother to a grammar school to a parent teacher meeting.

* A grammar school is a school for smart kids in the UK- you have to do tests to get in. Say mA.

Anyways the town I live has also of Somalis. However, the school is made up if 80 percent Indian/ Sri Lankan.

I noticed that all the Indian/Sri Lanka kids had mum and dad sitting there. There parents appeared really involved and pushing there kids. Some of the parents took time off work to attend.

That is when I realised that Somalis are not stupid but they don't have an environment that is conducive to learning. We don't have support to push our kids and it shows.

Last edited:

Mozart

You need people like me

* A grammar school is a school for smart kids in the UK- you have to do tests to get in. Say mA.

Anyways the town I live has also of Somalis. However, the school is made up if 80 percent Indian/ Sri Lankan.

I noticed that all the Indian/Sri Lanka kids had mum and dad sitting there. There parents appeared really involved and pushing there kids. Some of the parents took time off work to attend.

That is when I realised that Somalis are not stupid but they don't have an environment that is conducive to learning. We don't have support to push our kids and it shows.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

yes it's a very big issue on social media. Somalis constantly engaging in gender wars to the point where we see ajanabis calling Somali men bad partners and blah blah (I actually heard a lady say this). I had a mini rant today about this saying how we should not be allowing ajanabis onto our stages to talk down on Somali people. We even now have people claiming to be half somali. It's a trend now. I feel so uncomfortable being in a room discussing Somali issues and ajanabis are casually on stage or in our spaces. You never see us going in other ethnicity spaces and speaking for them. I'm so sick of it.

yes it's a very big issue on social media. Somalis constantly engaging in gender wars to the point where we see ajanabis calling Somali men bad partners and blah blah (I actually heard a lady say this). I had a mini rant today about this saying how we should not be allowing ajanabis onto our stages to talk down on Somali people. We even now have people claiming to be half somali. It's a trend now. I feel so uncomfortable being in a room discussing Somali issues and ajanabis are casually on stage or in our spaces. You never see us going in other ethnicity spaces and speaking for them. I'm so sick of it.
But it's online though, most all Faraaxs will marry a Xalimo in the end. Same way vice versa, this is all online shit. You will never see this IRL.

Same can't be said for madows, they slander their women online and they only date lightskins/white girls or non-black women

But it's online though, most all Faraaxs will marry a Xalimo in the end. Same way vice versa, this is all online shit. You will never see this IRL.

Same can't be said for madows, they slander their women online and they only date lightskins/white girls or non-black women
Yea you are right, but that's not the issue. Somalis are now becoming like a joke because we have Somalis who are airing out all our ceeb and issues to the world and allowing ajanabis to comment on our community. I've seen this way too much now lately and Somalis need to really start addressing and checking these people.

Yea you are right, but that's not the issue. Somalis are now becoming like a joke because we have Somalis who are airing out all our ceeb and issues to the world and allowing ajanabis to comment on our community. I've seen this way too much now lately and Somalis need to really start addressing and checking these people.
Yeah that's true, we shouldn't let these Ajnabis talk about us

I thought u were going to say that you only saw the Somali moms and not the dads. I remember that being a thing when I was younger. The father was nowhere to be seen.

The home environment is not conductive to learning. There is no space for a study table, home libraries, and a quiet study area. Kids must also share their computers.

In the West its the parents job to teach their kids. Somali parents expect the teacher to teach them but that is not how it works here.

The majority of them have too much free time on their hands. Kids need to be in a safe and controlled environment and develop constructive hobbies/activities. This hands off approach from back home won't work, it didn't even work over there.

Some parents don't even make the effort to teach their kids our language. You expect them to be well mannered and behaved?