Are we cursed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
39883a1c08ee5f5ea58e8b78a7c55abe%2F565x0xwidth%2F75%2Fhttp%2Fblog.uloop.com%2Fuloop%2Fr%3D305%2Fjpg%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F10%2Ftumblr_n5jd0lMjtl1rfwfq9o1_500-300x296.jpg
kkkkkk i tip my fedora to you too sir:chrisfreshhah:

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL5N1FN2XJ

NGOs and Aid organisations have warned about another impending famine to hit Somalia (including Somaliland). People are already dying in Somaliland/Puntland (in 2017) from starvation! This coupled with the Shabelle river running dry recently (caused by drought, overuse and Ethiopian s diverting it for hydroelectricity) will mean the future of the Somali race is in serious danger.

It boggles the mind how much is missing from the country, even if we do get a leader that isn't a corrupt foreign prostitute, they have their work cut out.

Power; we have absolutely no power and electricity supply infrastructure or grid. Most people use illegal charcoal from cutting down trees as a source of power. This not only makes the country hotter and drier (excacerbating the drought) but uglier too. No reliable power supply means nobody can set up a large factory or manufacturing plant for industry further reducing our meager economic output. It also means fewer, schools, hospitals and homes can be built. We have oil, gas, wind, solar, nuclear and tidal energy potential and yet we have ayeeyos burning firewood and coal to cook a simple meal.

Water: This is a topic close to my heart. I feel the most valuable resource in the near future will be H2O. Many wars will be fought over it. It's vital not just for drinking, washing, lifestock and agriculture but for fuel and energy. Somalia has two major rivers and seasonal rivers all over the country. It also has large untapped underground fresh water aquifers (especially in Somaliland). Not to mention the largest coastline in Africa. We have no indoor/outdoor plumbing, waste water recycling plants, no catchment reservoirs, no sand dams or underground cisterns. Nor do we have any desalination plants. We are literally sitting ducks for an environmental catastrophe.

Urban and civic infrastructure: This is another thing we lag behind even African countries. Eritrea, with little investment and an even tinier fraction of the potential Somalis have, managed to build large road, highway, and rail networks all over its country. We have few proper roads, the potholes in the ones that we have are ridiculous. Any little bit of rain causes flooding and mudslides. We must be the only nation on earth that has no railway system. Buildings are poorly constructed and there's zero planning, permission to build and maintenance. The architecture is crude and crass. The are no high-rise buildings or apartments and our "airports" are just sandy runways.

Industry: We lack any industry apart from service sector companies like money transfer, internet and telephone. We don't even process the lifestock we export. We neither have the resources to butcher, refrigerate or package the meat. Our fishing sector is non existent, despite having a coastline most countries would kill for.

We have no heavy industries like steel and chemical, which are the backbones of every modern nation. No mines or rigs. No refineries or manufacturing plants. We import everything we can make.

Qaat: this drug costs $1 billion every year in Somaliland alone! It has no nutritious benefit and tears families apart due to addiction and poor young men wasting what little money they have from their relatives abroad on this cancerous plant. It puts millions into the hands of Ethiopia and Kenya. It has become the sanctuary of the large swathes of unemployed and destitute youth in Somalia.

If something is not done within the next decade, our country and people will no longer exisin the coming century or even half a century.

Somalia is the greatest startup on the planet. Everyone who left the country is starting to mature and get experience abroad. Only a few countries on earth with the exception of Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq can compare to Somalia.

Our curse is education and nationalism.

For the next 20 years Somalia will become a private equity heaven; Im putting all my eggs in private equity. Somali private equity firms will hold multiple assets in energy, Agro, health care and every single sector you mentioned.

Some say we are cursed others say we are primed up for explosive growth. There is no IPOs and M/As in Somalia. It's all about private equity and those who don't see it will miss it.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
We have politicians who want to take the money intended for the poor, we have politicians who are purposely destroying the country. It's been almost 30 years now. The country and some people are truly cursed.

Like I said before Somalia needs a dictator who should start from scratch. Build businesses, fire everyone in the federal government. Arrest anyone who's a traitor. Make allies with Israel.

I hope to see such dictator in my life time. Make Somalia great again.

Gojo Satoru

Staff Member
We have politicians who want to take the money intended for the poor, we have politicians who are purposely destroying the country. It's been almost 30 years now. The country and some people are truly cursed.

Like I said before Somalia needs a dictator who should start from scratch. Build businesses, fire everyone in the federal government. Arrest anyone who's a traitor. Make allies with Israel.

I hope to see such dictator in my life time. Make Somalia great again.
We need someone like trump to rule somalia

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
there's some truth to the 'myth' that Somalis have an IQ of 68.

there are of course a tiny minority of outliers
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
that can do quite a lot for the country.
but at the end of the day, the majority of Somalis are retarded.

Laxawla...an IQ of 68!? Isin't that classified as mental retardation? People at that IQ level can't even figure out how to operate a computer :drakelaugh:

But then again, only a mentally challenged people would all be of the same ethnicity and religion and still somehow end up fighting each other in a never ending war :francis:

No one is born stupid. Our life circumstances dictate where we go in life. There is so much untapped potential in our people. It saddens me to see those of us who have been privileged enough to live abroad or gain an education look down on our people. Let's stop our internalized hate and support one another.

there's some truth to the 'myth' that Somalis have an IQ of 68.

there are of course a tiny minority of outliers
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
that can do quite a lot for the country.
but at the end of the day, the majority of Somalis are retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending