Are we cursed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL5N1FN2XJ

NGOs and Aid organisations have warned about another impending famine to hit Somalia (including Somaliland). People are already dying in Somaliland/Puntland (in 2017) from starvation! This coupled with the Shabelle river running dry recently (caused by drought, overuse and Ethiopian s diverting it for hydroelectricity) will mean the future of the Somali race is in serious danger.

It boggles the mind how much is missing from the country, even if we do get a leader that isn't a corrupt foreign prostitute, they have their work cut out.

Power; we have absolutely no power and electricity supply infrastructure or grid. Most people use illegal charcoal from cutting down trees as a source of power. This not only makes the country hotter and drier (excacerbating the drought) but uglier too. No reliable power supply means nobody can set up a large factory or manufacturing plant for industry further reducing our meager economic output. It also means fewer, schools, hospitals and homes can be built. We have oil, gas, wind, solar, nuclear and tidal energy potential and yet we have ayeeyos burning firewood and coal to cook a simple meal.

Water: This is a topic close to my heart. I feel the most valuable resource in the near future will be H2O. Many wars will be fought over it. It's vital not just for drinking, washing, lifestock and agriculture but for fuel and energy. Somalia has two major rivers and seasonal rivers all over the country. It also has large untapped underground fresh water aquifers (especially in Somaliland). Not to mention the largest coastline in Africa. We have no indoor/outdoor plumbing, waste water recycling plants, no catchment reservoirs, no sand dams or underground cisterns. Nor do we have any desalination plants. We are literally sitting ducks for an environmental catastrophe.

Urban and civic infrastructure: This is another thing we lag behind even African countries. Eritrea, with little investment and an even tinier fraction of the potential Somalis have, managed to build large road, highway, and rail networks all over its country. We have few proper roads, the potholes in the ones that we have are ridiculous. Any little bit of rain causes flooding and mudslides. We must be the only nation on earth that has no railway system. Buildings are poorly constructed and there's zero planning, permission to build and maintenance. The architecture is crude and crass. The are no high-rise buildings or apartments and our "airports" are just sandy runways.

Industry: We lack any industry apart from service sector companies like money transfer, internet and telephone. We don't even process the lifestock we export. We neither have the resources to butcher, refrigerate or package the meat. Our fishing sector is non existent, despite having a coastline most countries would kill for.

We have no heavy industries like steel and chemical, which are the backbones of every modern nation. No mines or rigs. No refineries or manufacturing plants. We import everything we can make.

Qaat: this drug costs $1 billion every year in Somaliland alone! It has no nutritious benefit and tears families apart due to addiction and poor young men wasting what little money they have from their relatives abroad on this cancerous plant. It puts millions into the hands of Ethiopia and Kenya. It has become the sanctuary of the large swathes of unemployed and destitute youth in Somalia.

If something is not done within the next decade, our country and people will no longer exisin the coming century or even half a century.

Last edited:
We can overcome this issues if we come together and not fight each other over qabil, with good people comes great governance.
I'm studying electrical engineering, I will do my part in the energy field Inshaallah

there's some truth to the 'myth' that Somalis have an IQ of 68.

there are of course a tiny minority of outliers
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
that can do quite a lot for the country.
but at the end of the day, the majority of Somalis are retarded.

You follow the AbdiJohnson school of "Not me or my family though"? :siilaanyolaugh:

Seriously though, a country can only improve if the intelligent and educated people work hard. Lakiin, if we stand by and watch thinking it "ain't my problem", nothing changes.

You follow the AbdiJohnson school of "Not me or my family though"? :siilaanyolaugh:

Seriously though, a country can only improve if the intelligent and educated people work hard. Lakiin, if we stand by and watch thinking it "ain't my problem", nothing changes.
:ayaanswag:

i actually want all Somalis to be deported. if we aren't forced to fix our country, we will just be too busy living our comfy lives in the west.
there will never be a mass exodus unless we are forced.

:ayaanswag:

i actually want all Somalis to be deported. if we aren't forced to fix our country, we will just be too busy living our comfy lives in the west.
there will never be a mass exodus unless we are forced.

I agree. That's why I'm not too bothered by Trumps executive order. Somalis thrive where there is no welfare or support to subsidize their lazy lifestyles in the West.

I agree. That's why I'm not too bothered by Trumps executive order. Somalis thrive where there is no welfare or support to subsidize their lazy lifestyles in the West.
exactly but the ban only really affects poor people back home who have absolutely nothing. it doesn't affect us at all.
I want him to deport all of us.

exactly but the ban only really affects poor people back home who have absolutely nothing. it doesn't affect us at all.
I want him to deport all of us.

Start with yourself leave UK, deport yourself instead of talking about other people 'S deportation.

maestro

Cultural revolution
We are blessed in many ways though:-

- the land is packed with untapped resources.

- we are the only African ethnicity that have a country. No one appreciates how much of a big deal this is holy shit. There is no Hausia or Zululand or Tuaregia but there is a Somalia! Ethnic nationalism puts us in a better position than other Africans.

- we got thousands and thousands of educated people and they all want to contribute rebuilding the destroyed country. The population within may not be educated but we got a shit ton of educated folk from the diaspora who want to go back and help rebuild.

We are definitely in a shitty situation right now but we have already hit rock bottom a long ass time ago so now there is no other place left for us to go but up.

Somalia used to bottom everything a few years back but now there's always two three four or in some cases, 10 countries lower than it! And sometimes it even tops some lists like "hapiness" so If that isnt progress idk what is.

Another sign of progress .. The GDP didn't even exist a few years back but now IMF says its 6 billion in 2016 and will rise to 10 billion in 2020. That's small but a lot bigger than many African countries.

The calaacal, negativity and constant blaming will never help us. If you see something you dont like go ahead do something about it instead of complaining and crying about it online.

We 100% have our destiny in our hands. We can either give up. Just lose hope and forget somalia , why should we fix the mistakes of our previous generation? Somalia has no hope and will forever be just like how it was when I was growing up.

OR... We buckle up, do whatever we can to fix up and aim to never have this shit happen to us again. Just need to think with the goal in mind.

Imagine in the 2050s when we are all old and have established lives. Would you rather be in the west depressed that you spent your entire life in a 9-5 cycle that enriched no one but your white boss or chilling in your own country and looking back to this period while being happy that you saved your race from extinction. :rejoice: easy choice for me.

We're cursed but also blessed because tough circumstances breed tough people and this will be considered a huge learning experience for future generations to look back to. Only the strong survive and If we survive this we'll be a very strong group overall.

Start with yourself leave UK, deport yourself instead of talking about other people 'S deportation.
as I said, I'm comfortable where I am. unless I am forced to go back to Somalia, I would never voluntarily go back.

people back home are the uneducated, poor unlucky ones who couldn't escape. to think that some miracle is suddenly going to make the entire generation that reached adulthood in the middle of the civil war, educated enough to start fixing the country is a ridiculous fantasy.

we aren't any better than the people back home, but at least some of us are educated and have some experience in a lot of different fields. if we all went back, we could really make actual change. but of course, we are all too comfortable in our respective host countries and have no actual plans of ever permanently moving back.

we need to be forced.

fucking how?

europeans were living in their own shit, inventing stds and having mass starvations cuz the potato failed several times during the middle ages. Only the few elite had anything. 99% of the people were peasant farmers or peasent street litter. Were they all retarded? Are Europeans retarded?:ivers:

The Irish Famine killed over a million when theyre a fucking island surronded by fish. Several other millions fled the country. Are the Irish especially retarded?

Norway used to be the land of a few kings but mostly peasant farmers and people who lived in shit on the streets. Yes the streets would be filled with shit. They had a famine that caused over 1/8 of their population to flee. Are the Norwegians retarded?

Youre the low IQ one here:bell:

as I said, I'm comfortable where I am. unless I am forced to go back to Somalia, I would never voluntarily go back.

people back home are the uneducated, poor unlucky ones who couldn't escape. to think that some miracle is suddenly going to make the entire generation that reached adulthood in the middle of the civil war, educated enough to start fixing the country is a ridiculous fantasy.

we aren't any better than the people back home, but at least some of us are educated and have some experience in a lot of different fields. if we all went back, we could really make actual change. but of course, we are all too comfortable in our respective host countries and have no actual plans of ever permanently moving back.

we need to be forced.
Why call unfortunate Somalis back home retarded when you have everything they dream of, and you have no wish of helping them? :camby::camby::camby:

fucking how?

europeans were living in their own shit, inventing stds and having mass starvations cuz the potato failed several times during the middle ages. Only the few elite had anything. 99% of the people were peasant farmers or peasent street litter. Were they all retarded? Are Europeans retarded?:ivers:

The Irish Famine killed over a million when theyre a fucking island surronded by fish. Several other millions fled the country. Are the Irish especially retarded?

Norway used to be the land of a few kings but mostly peasant farmers and people who lived in shit on the streets. Yes the streets would be filled with shit. They had a famine that caused over 1/8 of their population to flee. Are the Norwegians retarded?

Youre the low IQ one here:bell:

yes Europeans were retarded, they made a deal with the devil to become smarter :mugshotman:

ps. my IQ is 136. just 4 points below a genius:fittytousand:

Cukaash

"WE WUZ BOQORTOOYO" KARBASHER.
Wallahi the "politicians" have no backbone whatso fucking ever.
They are so corrupt and dont care about others apart from their qabil and themselves.
Wallahi i wish there was a A ruler like siad barre. The nigga was anti religion and all but the somali people lived with respect and dignity.
These politians today have sold their souls, lands and if they were given the option would sell the womb that bore them.

ABSOLUTE QASHIN WALLAHI.

All this death and destruction is what we did with our own hands

yes Europeans were retarded, they made a deal with the devil to become smarter :mugshotman:

ps. my IQ is 136. just 4 points below a genius:fittytousand:
39883a1c08ee5f5ea58e8b78a7c55abe%2F565x0xwidth%2F75%2Fhttp%2Fblog.uloop.com%2Fuloop%2Fr%3D305%2Fjpg%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F10%2Ftumblr_n5jd0lMjtl1rfwfq9o1_500-300x296.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts