Are there any engineers on this site

Status
Not open for further replies.

D2HUM8L31NE

I don't care
Isn't M.Eng more geared towards the industry and thus more practical. I'd say this is best for what @D2HUM8L31NE is planning to do.

While M.Sc. is for those that want to do research and theoretical work. This is better for those that want to do Ph.D. and research.
Sorry to bother you but I was wondering which one is more practical I'm just trynna. Get employment and further my career not publish essays

That can be true if you choose to follow the research career path - MSc is more beneficial for that.

In the case of @D2HUM8L31NE, his options are open, since he can get chartered with either one.

I'm biased toward MSc because it give you the option of expanding your engineering knowledge by picking something slightly different to your degree.
Can't you do B.Eng in Mechanical then do an M.Eng in Electrical. That would be different to your degree.

Can't you do B.Eng in Mechanical then do an M.Eng in Electrical. That would be different to your degree.

When starting uni, whatever MEng you pick, you're stuck with, since the curriculum is stretched across the four years. MEng in Electrical Engineering would be an additional 4 years to his 3 year BEng.

M.Eng is only useful if you want to focus on a completely different field of Engineering, no research and you only take classes, kind of like going into 5th year of uni after completing your 4 years.

M.Sc is more theory and you are required to submit a thesis on a topic of your choice under h supervision of a professor of your choice. This is not bad because it allows you to gain mastery of a specific sub field of your degree which seems you more competitive for a job placement.

I am really interested in mechanical engineering I love making cool projects i also don't care about the pay I just wanna a do it ,

The degree will take three years (but who's counting) and I will probably continue to a advanced mechanical degree then go to electrical engineering

So i was wondering if any of you know anything bad or good about this sector

Also mods I don't know if this is the right place to post this

Ik a guy who graduated with a degree in mechanical engineering and he opened up his own auto shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts