Are there any anti qabiilism organizations that I can support?

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
Why do you want somaliland out?
Because I want to have the people of Somaliland control it.

Name one Isaaq/Dir/Warsangeli/Dhulo president who became president.

Prime Minister is a shitty position. Something we barely even got.

Northerners got scammed.

That's why I don't support unity with them.

:manny: I understand that we're a product of colonialism but you can't change the past.

The Scramble for Africa happened.

Somalia itself is a product of colonialism.

If there’s a bunch of anti racism, sexism, homophobia organizations then there should be at least one anti qabiilism organization that I can support wallahi I’m sick of all this division keeping our nation weak and foreign meddlers pitting us against each other thanks to our qabiilism weakness
There’s one called anti tribalism movement. Based in the UK. I haven’t heard much from them recently.

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP

Northerners got scammed.

:manny: I understand that we're a product of colonialism but you can't change the past.

Why does the presidents qabiil matter? My qabiil never had a president and I’m perfectly fine with that as long as the president is fit for the job and will help improve Somalia I could care less about their qabiil

Invader

Wallahi he suffers from my qabiil syndrome
Crying about kacan era when raxanweyn suffered the most 300k ppl dying yet u never see them saying we want country
Qabiil syndrome?

That isn't a real syndrome.

but alas you and many other Somalis who come from Somalia have Dependent Personality Disorder just let us go. :lolbron:

Invader

Why does the presidents qabiil matter? My qabiil never had a president and I’m perfectly fine with that as long as the president is fit for the job and will help improve Somalia I could care less about their qabiil
Sxb personally I couldn't care about qabil but it's so intertwined and ingrained into our society it won't disappear.

Just give up.

Source from Wikipedia:

Additionally, Barre also sought to eradicate the importance of the Somali clan system (qabil) within Somalia's government and civil society. The inevitable first question that Somalis asked one another when they met was, '"What is your clan?", but when this was considered to be against to the purpose of a modern state, Somalis began to pointedly ask, "What is your ex-clan?". Barre outlawed this question and a broad range of other activities classified as "clanism", with informers reporting qabilists, those considered to propagate the clan system, to the government, leading to arrests and imprisonment .

Xamar's population by 2100 will be around 36 million so I won't try if I was you. :manny:

Octavian

Hmm
VIP

Northerners got scammed.

it seems like a lack of rep in the mogadishu and past actions is the reasoning(based on what u wrote ). But i have to ask what would convince you to change your mind.

Jungle

VIP
I will never bring up qabiil in a convo but within certain reer badiye somalis if you dont tell em who you are or at least hint they think your a midgaan or some laangaab :heh: it just shows that theres a good portion within us that are backwards despite being in the west ans they pour that shit into their kids e.g. the man dem in the politics section.

Invader

it seems like a lack of rep in the mogadishu and past actions is the reasoning. But i have to ask what would convince you to change your mind.
I would support unity if these criteria are made:

Somaliland can do their thing without Xamar interference.
Somalia's military can't be stationed there.
Somaliland can be a federated country not a state.
Somaliland and Somalia represent together when visiting other countries.
Somalia changes it's name back to the Somali Republic.
(Somalia refers to the name it was given by the Italians thus not including Somaliland)
:manny: If not even one is met I'll support ictiraaf.

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
Sxb personally I couldn't care about qabil but it's so intertwined and ingrained into our society it won't disappear.

Just give up.

Source from Wikipedia:

Additionally, Barre also sought to eradicate the importance of the Somali clan system (qabil) within Somalia's government and civil society. The inevitable first question that Somalis asked one another when they met was, '"What is your clan?", but when this was considered to be against to the purpose of a modern state, Somalis began to pointedly ask, "What is your ex-clan?". Barre outlawed this question and a broad range of other activities classified as "clanism", with informers reporting qabilists, those considered to propagate the clan system, to the government, leading to arrests and imprisonment .

Xamar's population by 2100 will be around 36 million so I won't try if I was you. :manny:
It’s gonna be tough but it must be our number one priority if we want somalia to improve as a nation, a healthy civil society is extremely crucial for Somalia’s prosperity

Invader

It’s gonna be tough but it must be our number one priority if we want somalia to improve as a nation, a healthy civil society is extremely crucial for Somalia’s prosperity
People aren't going to drop it.

If you want Somalia to be a democratic country you have to let them do what they want.

and Qabil is a part of our lives.

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
People aren't going to drop it.

If you want Somalia to be a democratic country you have to let them do what they want.

and Qabil is a part of our lives.
Fam stop with this qabyaalad literally its the only reason we r lacking look those kenyans kikyuus massai lup over 5 ethnicity meanwhile we r one ppl same langauge same deen everything

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
Qabiil syndrome?

That isn't a real syndrome.

but alas you and many other Somalis who come from Somalia have Dependent Personality Disorder just let us go. :lolbron:
African Union said no, Arab league said no, EU said no, UN said no.

WHY SOMALILAND HAS NOT BEEN RECOGNIZED BY A SINGLE COUNTRY FOR 25 years?

The situation surrounding SL has arguably been one of the most contentious issues in Somali history since the Northern Somalia territory self declared it's independence amidst the Somali civil war which came as a surprise to many,A surprise because prior to SL separatism movement no other Somali territory harbored separatism tendencies quite contrary Somalis believed the horn of Africa was a single country so strong was this feeling Somalia invaded Ethiopia in 1977 to reclaim the Ogaden region which was wrongfully put under Ethiopian rule by the British colonizers this is a whole different topic altogether so i wont get much into it but moving on to the topic at hand these are some of the most crucial reasons SL will not be achieving recognition anytime soon.I will use the youngest nation in Africa South Sudan as a reference and how it was able to gain international recognition immediately after it's formation so bear with me;

1.PEOPLE

This is arguably one of the most important factors a separatism movement has to fulfill in it's quest for international recognition in the sense that it has to convince the international world they are completely different from the people they wish to separate from by race,religion,language etc SL does not full fill this condition because all ethnic Somalis generally make up one tribe that speaks the same language and furthermore share a religion on the other hand South Sudan managed to fulfill this condition perfectly because they were of a different race,religion and language from the Sudanese people which made their road to recognition a smooth one.

2.ACT OF UNION

This is another important factor a separatist movement can use in their quest for secession by simply proving they never signed an act of union from the region they want to separate from or were even forced or pressured to sign it but in the case of Somalia this is a very different scenario as both North and South Somalia willingly and unilaterally signed an act of union without any military pressure whatsoever amidst pomp and celebrations so once again SL falls short in this category NOTE some people might try to find faults in the act of union to work it on their favor but these can be rightfully termed as being opportunistic or fanatics but the main point is an act of union exist which the international world used to recognize Somalia as a single country after the union.Union:

1. (a) The State of Somaliland and the State of Somalia do hereby unite and shall forever remain united in a new, independent, democratic, unitary republic the name whereof shall the SOMALI REPUBLIC.

(b) The Capital of the Somali Republic shall be Mogadiscio.(Take note of the word ''FOREVER'')

3.DIFFERENCE IN POLITICAL IDEOLOGIES

This is one of the easiest routes a separatist movement is usually founded on this led to breakup of the USSR,a separatist movement simply needs to prove they have very contrasting political ideologies with the region they wish to separate from and wait to be recognized by other countries which share a common political ideology for instance SL might argue it's a communist state and wish to separate from Somalia a capitalist state this would see SL being recognized by other countries that are communist such as North Korea Lol this assumption is not true of course in reality the whole of Somalia regions believe in a capitalist ideology and mix of secular and sharia law as the basic political foundation so once again SL fails to differentiate itself from the rest of Somalia making the international world look at it as just another autonomous region in Somalia.

These are some of the most basic facts as to why SL has never been recognized by a single country since they self declared independence although this might hurt some people i can categorically tell you SL will never be recognized call me a ''hater'' or a ''pessimist'' but that is the simple unedited truth and is backed by SL consistently getting 00% recognition for a quarter century.

What Somali people need to realize is reconciliation is the best way forward Somalia is not Muqdishu or Bosaso alone it's a collection of great Somali cities such as Hargeysa,laascanod,Bosaso,Kismayo etc and most importantly our historic and ancient capital city Muqdishu for Somalia to come back to what it was it has to get back to it's roots that is a strong centralized country that was built on love,Somalinimo and unity and we prosper moving forward side by side. OnePeopleOneReligionOneCountry

Invader

Fam stop with this qabyaalad literally its the only reason we r lacking look those kenyans kikyuus massai lup over 5 ethnicity meanwhile we r one ppl same langauge same deen everything
Ok.

I will accept unity and everyone else in Somaliland will.

If you capture Ogaden and NFD.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
I would support unity if these criteria are made:

Somaliland can do their thing without Xamar interference.
Somalia's military can't be stationed there.
Somaliland can be a federated country not a state.
Somaliland and Somalia represent together when visiting other countries.
Somalia changes it's name back to the Somali Republic.
(Somalia refers to the name it was given by the Italians thus not including Somaliland)
:manny: If not even one is met I'll support ictiraaf.
I agree with your points but there are 2 points that must be looked furthere into
1 somalias military will most likely be stationed there and it would work with SL to strengthen comradery between both people plus a bit more military gear and soldiers is always a plus

2 the whole represent part doesn't make much sense unless something concerns SL i see no point in them being there.

Invader

African Union said no, Arab league said no, EU said no, UN said no.

WHY SOMALILAND HAS NOT BEEN RECOGNIZED BY A SINGLE COUNTRY FOR 25 years?

The situation surrounding SL has arguably been one of the most contentious issues in Somali history since the Northern Somalia territory self declared it's independence amidst the Somali civil war which came as a surprise to many,A surprise because prior to SL separatism movement no other Somali territory harbored separatism tendencies quite contrary Somalis believed the horn of Africa was a single country so strong was this feeling Somalia invaded Ethiopia in 1977 to reclaim the Ogaden region which was wrongfully put under Ethiopian rule by the British colonizers this is a whole different topic altogether so i wont get much into it but moving on to the topic at hand these are some of the most crucial reasons SL will not be achieving recognition anytime soon.I will use the youngest nation in Africa South Sudan as a reference and how it was able to gain international recognition immediately after it's formation so bear with me;

1.PEOPLE

This is arguably one of the most important factors a separatism movement has to fulfill in it's quest for international recognition in the sense that it has to convince the international world they are completely different from the people they wish to separate from by race,religion,language etc SL does not full fill this condition because all ethnic Somalis generally make up one tribe that speaks the same language and furthermore share a religion on the other hand South Sudan managed to fulfill this condition perfectly because they were of a different race,religion and language from the Sudanese people which made their road to recognition a smooth one.

2.ACT OF UNION

This is another important factor a separatist movement can use in their quest for secession by simply proving they never signed an act of union from the region they want to separate from or were even forced or pressured to sign it but in the case of Somalia this is a very different scenario as both North and South Somalia willingly and unilaterally signed an act of union without any military pressure whatsoever amidst pomp and celebrations so once again SL falls short in this category NOTE some people might try to find faults in the act of union to work it on their favor but these can be rightfully termed as being opportunistic or fanatics but the main point is an act of union exist which the international world used to recognize Somalia as a single country after the union.Union:

1. (a) The State of Somaliland and the State of Somalia do hereby unite and shall forever remain united in a new, independent, democratic, unitary republic the name whereof shall the SOMALI REPUBLIC.

(b) The Capital of the Somali Republic shall be Mogadiscio.(Take note of the word ''FOREVER'')

3.DIFFERENCE IN POLITICAL IDEOLOGIES

This is one of the easiest routes a separatist movement is usually founded on this led to breakup of the USSR,a separatist movement simply needs to prove they have very contrasting political ideologies with the region they wish to separate from and wait to be recognized by other countries which share a common political ideology for instance SL might argue it's a communist state and wish to separate from Somalia a capitalist state this would see SL being recognized by other countries that are communist such as North Korea Lol this assumption is not true of course in reality the whole of Somalia regions believe in a capitalist ideology and mix of secular and sharia law as the basic political foundation so once again SL fails to differentiate itself from the rest of Somalia making the international world look at it as just another autonomous region in Somalia.

These are some of the most basic facts as to why SL has never been recognized by a single country since they self declared independence although this might hurt some people i can categorically tell you SL will never be recognized call me a ''hater'' or a ''pessimist'' but that is the simple unedited truth and is backed by SL consistently getting 00% recognition for a quarter century.

What Somali people need to realize is reconciliation is the best way forward Somalia is not Muqdishu or Bosaso alone it's a collection of great Somali cities such as Hargeysa,laascanod,Bosaso,Kismayo etc and most importantly our historic and ancient capital city Muqdishu for Somalia to come back to what it was it has to get back to it's roots that is a strong centralized country that was built on love,Somalinimo and unity and we prosper moving forward side by side. OnePeopleOneReligionOneCountry
NO.1

SNM was created pre-1991 as a rebel group fighting against Siyaad only thinking about unity.

Siyaad lashed out on the majority population there.

So we chose seccesion.

We still don't need recognition sxb.

The capital city Hargeisa was 90% bombed and we still built it up from the rubble.

We aided ourselves from ourselves and by ourselves.

:childplease:Somaliland will only join back if our demands are met that wasn't agreed when Siyaad Barre fled.

Invader

I agree with your points but there are 2 points that must be looked furthere into
1 somalias military will most likely be stationed there and it would work with SL to strengthen comradery between both people plus a bit more military gear and soldiers is always a plus

2 the whole represent part doesn't make much sense unless something concerns SL i see no point in them being there.
If something that concerns Somaliland or something that the political party of Somaliland belives in.

For e.g. if they're Pro-Saudi or Pro-Turkey.:mybusiness:

Trending