Are the 2016 Golden State Warriors the best team in NBA history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
horta do u ever concede a point :lol: . u werent even alive in the era ur talking about, just repeating cliches and stereotypes
Lmao I don't even bring up the Bulls cause I didn't know what basketball was back then.:drakelaugh:

People have this nostalgic view of the 1990's as if everything was superior back then. That couldn't be further from the truth.

Today's players are faster, stronger, more talented, smarter and are forced to play against far superior defensive systems.

When you have teams like the Warriors, Clippers, OKC, Spurs, Cavaliers, and Dallas Mavericks going at it....you have no choice but to conclude that we've reached the golden era of NBA basketball.

It really is something special to watch.

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
Lmao I don't even bring up the Bulls cause I didn't know what basketball was back then.:drakelaugh:
i can barely remember the 96 bulls but the 97 and 98 bulls got me into basketball. those finals series with the jazz :leobite:

honestly i think if u had a time machine and dropped this warriors team in the 90's nba they would absolutely dominate. we'd be talking about the 96 warriors right now :lol:

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
we'd be talking about the bulls like we do the late 90's jazz and early 00's kings..."the best team to never win a championship"

i can barely remember the 96 bulls but the 97 and 98 bulls got me into basketball. those finals series with the jazz :leobite:

honestly i think if u had a time machine and dropped this warriors team in the 90's nba they would absolutely dominate. we'd be talking about the 96 warriors right now :lol:

Exactly.

If you put a guy like Russell Westbrook or John Wall in a time machine and transported them to the 1990's....they'd be even more dominant. The talent level is unreal in today's league.

The only website showing full Hd NBA games is down http://nbahd.com/

cristiano-ronaldo-jews.gif

Hope it comes back, can't see the ball go through the net in 480p

Steph Curry is the best shooter in NBA History. His shooting percentages are out of this world.

Klay Thompson is an amazing sidekick and he can take over games whenever Steph wants to rest. Outstanding 3 point shooter.

Draymond Green is a very unique player who can play all 5 positions, defend well, shoot the 3 pointer, and be a phenomenal playmaker. Very unique player and one of my favorite players in the league.

And their bench is absolutely amazing. They play so well together and they fit together like puzzle pieces. If 1 or 2 players are down, the rest of them can pick up the slack.
Lmao what? His percentages are only slightly above average, definitely not something out of this world. Also the D on Curry is so weak it's not even funny anymore. Imagine if Pippen was guarding him? And unlike LeBron, Kobe and KD, Curry can't carry a team. Nor is GSW as slick as the Spurs on a good night. Curry is definitely the best shooter right now, and puts up some crazy shots from way downtown, but then again he misses majority of his shots. Can you imagine Ray Allen missing 13 3's like Curry did in the playoffs?

Lmao what? His percentages are only slightly above average, definitely not something out of this world. Also the D on Curry is so weak it's not even funny anymore. Imagine if Pippen was guarding him? And unlike LeBron, Kobe and KD, Curry can't carry a team. Nor is GSW as slick as the Spurs on a good night. Curry is definitely the best shooter right now, and puts up some crazy shots from way downtown, but then again he misses majority of his shots. Can you imagine Ray Allen missing 13 3's like Curry did in the playoffs?

Steph Curry shoots a far better percentage than Ray Allen at this stage of his career. The guy is damn near making 300 3-pointers in a season, and he's consistently out-doing himself year after year. Who's a better 3-point shooter than him? Ray Allen? Reggie Miller? Steve Nash? I know it's super early for me to be making these grand statements, he's still at an early stage in his career, but the volume and consistency of his 3's are definitely one of the best in league history, if not the best (and he's making a good case by making more than 45% of his 3-pointers).

And I'm not the only one saying this:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/12/4/9841438/stephen-curry-scoring-charts-michael-jordan

Last edited:

What do you mean if Pippen was guarding him? Do you actually have the strange idea that Pippen is miles ahead of any other perimeter defender in NBA history? If Kawhi Leonard (the best perimeter defender in the league currently) had a hard time guarding him....what gives you the idea that Pippen could just easily shut him down? Is Pippen really that much better than Kawhi defensively, and if so, by how much? Yes, Pippen is a more talented player than Kawhi, but I really don't think he's THAT much better than him defensively (Kawhi is already considered a top-10 player in the league and he's the best player on the Spurs currently). Their skillsets are pretty close, and I'm not knocking Pippen. I do acknowledge that Pippen is one of the best on-ball defenders ever, but I don't think that he would have an easy time with today's Golden State Warriors. Yes, the Spurs are the only team that have a good shot in knocking down the Warriors, but Golden State is still the clear favorite to win the title this year.

currys %'s is 50 45 91, those are way above average, its elite/legendary status. especially since hes making 5 threes a game. actually only six other players are apart of the 50-40-90 club in nba history.

currys %'s is 50 45 91, those are way above average, its elite/legendary status. especially since hes making 5 threes a game. actually only six other players are apart of the 50-40-90 club in nba history.

Put a player with that level of efficiency beside a guy like Draymond Green and Klay Thompson and a solid bench....and you have all the ingredients for an NBA Powerhouse team.

Barring any injuries, I predict this team will win more than 72 games.

:win:

Although I'd still prefer it for my Raptors to win. :meleshame:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending