Are Somalis really Muslim?

Have Somalis always been and are they really Muslim. Let's think about this for a second. They are not humble. Was talking to this guy. He told me he went to Mogadishu for a month and when he advised his cousin to work instead of wasting time to go work in a supermarket etc. The kid replied: ma Madow baad ii mooday? :snoop: what a toxic culture.

Horta how are Somalis like this while we've been Muslim for centuries? Not even Arabs are like this.
:pachah1:

Luciddreamer

Certified bakhti
they came from the same retched upbringing, and environment, it corrupts even the smartest people.
when you live in that kind of suffering you seek light, hope and reward. to gain that reward in afterlife they follow the promis of comfort and dedicate themselves in fear of being taken from that promisland in after life. the motivation is fear, which isnt sincere or real at all. your intentions needs to be pure from understandings, not emotions of fear. so their practice of religion is shallow and fake. just my opinion tho.

Lum

رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا
they came from the same retched upbringing, and environment, it corrupts even the smartest people.
when you live in that kind of suffering you seek light, hope and reward. to gain that reward in afterlife they follow the promis of comfort and dedicate themselves in fear of being taken from that promisland in after life. the motivation is fear, which isnt sincere or real at all. your intentions needs to be pure from understandings, not emotions of fear. so their practice of religion is shallow and fake. just my opinion tho.
You are wrong.

What is retched upbringing? To retch means to vomit. So Somalis come from an upbringing that previously vomited? How did the Somali upbringing vomit?

I'm not trying to belittle the challenges of Somalis. If the upbringing of Somalis eats food which causes stomache issues and this upbringing starts vomiting, I don't want to belittle its retching. However, if an upbringing can eat food and have medical problems, an upbringing can also eat tums and get better.

Your lack of a "w" completely changes the meaning of your entire sentence. Unless you are trying to convey that Somalis come from an upbringing which previously vomited, you need to add a "w" to spell "wretched".

After asserting that Somalis come from an upbringing which previously vomited, you either try to make a bid'ah or you try to teach a completely different religion.

The Quran tells us that Islam is complete. The Quran tells us to fear Allah.

Now you come and say we should not fear Allah? That our intention is not pure if we fear Allah? So you know better than the Quran?

why the certainty? like i said just an opinion, not a fact.

So it's a fact that you know better than the Quran?

Last edited:
What is retched upbringing? To retch means to vomit. So Somalis come from an upbringing that previously vomited? How did the Somali upbringing vomit?

I'm not trying to belittle the challenges of Somalis. If the upbringing of Somalis eats food which causes stomache issues and this upbringing starts vomiting, I don't want to belittle its retching. However, if an upbringing can eat food and have medical problems, an upbringing can also eat tums and get better.

Your lack of a "w" completely changes the meaning of your entire sentence. Unless you are trying to convey that Somalis come from an upbringing which previously vomited, you need to add a "w" to spell "wretched".

After asserting that Somalis come from an upbringing which previously vomited, you either try to make a bid'ah or you try to teach a completely different religion.

Now you come and say we should not fear Allah? That our intention is not pure if we fear Allah? So you know better than the Quran?

None of what you said makes sense. Just log off. Please.

Luciddreamer

Certified bakhti

you decided to focus on the one error of my entire point, what i meant with all my heart was that our people, majority of them at least, both in the west and at home grow up in ratchet and dysfunctional environments and upbringing.

as for the quran, if you want to pressure me into blind following, unwavering obedience and never question anything, not seeking and following the scent of truth then by all means shame me. point your hypocrites fingers at me and see if i care. i know that whatever you believe, whatever you say, whatever you feel, fundamentally we are the same.

you decided to focus on the one error of my entire point, what i meant with all my heart was that our people, majority of them at least, both in the west and at home grow up in ratchet and dysfunctional environments and upbringing.

as for the quran, if you want to pressure me into blind following, unwavering obedience and never question anything, not seeking and following the scent of truth then by all means shame me. point your hypocrites fingers at me and see if i care. i know that whatever you believe, whatever you say, whatever you feel, fundamentally we are the same.

You don't believe in the Quran?

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
I feel like Islam is slowly leaving the new generation of Somalis in the west, not many practice it. The girls are dressing imodest, going clubbing drinking, eating non halal food. Even the boys too. The only times we go back to the deen is on Ramadan lol

@Omar del Sur

Why does "God" need to create "Iblees" when he says in the Koran, 'I'm the sole entity that guides and misguides people'? Since he already decided the fate of all humans, what is the need and purpose for "Iblees' creation"?

Honestly, I'm not really interested in the question of "well how can humans be responsible for their actions given the reality of Qadr"...... I'm not really interested in that super abstract question.

Why did Allah create Iblees? Why this, why that.

There's some things I know and some things I don't know.

I'm not a scholar or anything like that, just an ordinary Muslim. I'm not a math expert but I know some arithmetic.

I know enough to figure out 7 multiplied by 9. If you try to claim 7 multiplied by 9 is 60, I know enough to know this is wrong and that 7 multiplied by 9 is 63.

If you want to stump me by asking me about parabolas, trigonometry and super advanced math... I guess you could ask stuff I don't know about.

I don't know about trigonometry, parabolas or calculus. So I don't talk about those topics.

I try to stick to what I know. There's certain basic things that you don't need to be an expert to know. I don't need a PHD in mathematics to do some additions and multiplication. I don't need a PHD from the University of Medina to know certain basics of the religion.

Why did Allah create Iblees? I don't know, I don't really worry about that question. I could speculate but it would just be me speculating.

I know we should only pray to Allah, not to saints. I know certain basic things. I'm not interested in talking about stuff that's super speculative.

Luciddreamer

Certified bakhti
Honestly, I'm not really interested in the question of "well how can humans be responsible for their actions given the reality of Qadr"...... I'm not really interested in that super abstract question.

I'm not a scholar or anything like that, just an ordinary Muslim. I'm not a math expert but I know some arithmetic.

I know enough to figure out 7 multiplied by 9. If you try to claim 7 multiplied by 9 is 60, I know enough to know this is wrong and that 7 multiplied by 9 is 63.

If you want to stump me by asking me about parabolas, trigonometry and super advanced math... I guess you could ask stuff I don't know about.

I don't know about trigonometry, parabolas or calculus. So I don't talk about those topics.

I try to stick to what I know. There's certain basic things that you don't need to be an expert to know. I don't need a PHD in mathematics to do some additions and multiplication. I don't need a PHD from the University of Medina to know certain basics of the religion.

Why did Allah create Iblees? I don't know, I don't really worry about that question. I could speculate but it would just be me speculating.

I know we should only pray to Allah, not to saints. I know certain basic things. I'm not interested in talking about stuff that's super speculative.

haha

@Omar del Sur

Since all religions are based on blind faith, fair dinkum Sxb.

Have Somalis always been and are they really Muslim. Let's think about this for a second. They are not humble. Was talking to this guy. He told me he went to Mogadishu for a month and when he advised his cousin to work instead of wasting time to go work in a supermarket etc. The kid replied: ma Madow baad ii mooday? :snoop: what a toxic culture.

Horta how are Somalis like this while we've been Muslim for centuries? Not even Arabs are like this.

So just because one guy somewhere in Muqdishu said something racist you ask if Somalis always were muslim??

Trending

Latest posts