Are Somalis really Muslim?

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Have Somalis always been and are they really Muslim. Let's think about this for a second. They are not humble. Was talking to this guy. He told me he went to Mogadishu for a month and when he advised his cousin to work instead of wasting time to go work in a supermarket etc. The kid replied: ma Madow baad ii mooday? :snoop: what a toxic culture.

Horta how are Somalis like this while we've been Muslim for centuries? Not even Arabs are like this.

Please do not generalize us as people. I know many righteous Somalis with good morals, character, and they are fully practicing Muslims who try their best to apply what our beloved Prophet (PBUH) taught us.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
No we've been secretly praying to lord waaq under the guise of Islam for centuries and when the time comes we'll bamboozle all these fuckers. Jokes aside yes we have and a generalisation by a random person on an internet forum won't change that, I don't consider gulf Arabs non-muslim savages because of the working conditions they put South Asians through.

“Not even Arabs are like this” if only you left btec France once in a while....
7E7D0204-23D9-41F0-B58E-1D5DE5DD006C.jpeg

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Have Somalis always been and are they really Muslim. Let's think about this for a second. They are not humble. Was talking to this guy. He told me he went to Mogadishu for a month and when he advised his cousin to work instead of wasting time to go work in a supermarket etc. The kid replied: ma Madow baad ii mooday? :snoop: what a toxic culture.

Horta how are Somalis like this while we've been Muslim for centuries? Not even Arabs are like this.
Not even Arabs? Why didn’t you just make this thread about your love for Arab instead of bringing Somalis into this.

CaliTedesse

VIP
Come on guys stop.focusing on the Arab part and give a decent answer wa billahi tawfeeq

Please do not generalize us as people. I know many righteous Somalis with good morals, character, and they are fully practicing Muslims who try their best to apply what our beloved Prophet (PBUH) taught us.
You are part of the problem (those who are too religious).

Apollo

VIP
The new urban generations in Somalia are no longer like that in mindset. It is becoming outdated. Many of them do manual labor since they aren't nomads any longer and live in cities.

having lived in a couple Arab countries,I can assure you that we're closer to practicing the principles of Islam than the majority! We may Lack some Islamic tarbiyyah in certain aspects but dont let that overshadow the many good

I met a Somali once.

I was at a store where my company has a contract, I'm by the door and this man walks in.

He sort of staggered in. He was black, he wasn't as tall as I figure Somalis would be, now that I think of it. His eyes were..... I'm not trying to sound like a corny 80's song but they really did remind me of like a lion or tiger. I think they were yellow, though. I think it's what's called jaundice, maybe.

Anyways, I think the man may have been drunk or on some form of intoxicants. He started talking to me and I couldn't really understand what he was saying. I think it was a slurred, intoxicated kind of speech. Maybe also he wasn't good at English. When he came in, I was talking to one of the workers and I had to pause to figure out what this guy wanted.

He showed me some sort of ID that said he was from Somalia. I have no idea why he's showing me the ID but apparently he's from Somalia.

Then he starts asking me for money. I don't give him anything, I don't remember if I had any money on me.

Then he starts to become kind of loud. I have zero desire to get in any kind of confrontation with this guy. I want this guy to not make a scene and I want to have this guy out of my way so I can finish talking to the worker.

He's getting loud so I think for a moment on how I can avoid there being a scene. I think. Then I say "Allahu Akbar".

His whole demeanor changed. I think this appeared to be some individual who unfortunately had become involved with some sort of intoxicants and was asking people for money.

I wanted him to be calm so I said "Allahu Akbar". Everything changed. His face lit up and suddenly he didn't care about asking for money or anything like that. Now this man was suddenly a servant of God trying to give me Dawah. I think he almost started crying. I could see Islam was everything to this man, even if there was some... not so good stuff covering up what he was really about. I think he was in some kind if haze but even if whatever state he was in.... suddenly this man was all about trying to give me Dawah and talk to me about Islam. Islam was that engrained in him, even then he's trying to give Dawah.

He went back outside and went back to being a mundane person. For a moment though, he wasn't mundane at all.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Somalis adhere to the strictest and most extreme ideology of Islam they act upon it but their sins outweigh their ajar and hasanat.
Before the emergence of Salafism the majority were irreligious when it comes to practicing the faith many were ruralists , nomads and pastrolists who's clan allegiances were considered sacred than the hadiths some of you may disagree with my statements
But some of you worship qabiil more than Allah.
You fear getting disowned or shunned by your clandestine elders than the raging hellfires of jahanam.

It's easier to radicalise ignorant individuals with little knowledge
Some aspects of the faith and qabiil are intertwined
As radicalised as they get the qabiil mentality is always embedded on the mindsets of every single somali
It's hard to erase this toxic shit and the religion itself is harming our society

To answer your question sxb
No we are not practicing muslims we are hypocritites we only act religious when it suits us or benefit us

None of us are devout or pious non of us follow the footsteps of the ahlu sunnah

I believe somalis converted to Islam for stragetic purposes /avoid being enslaved by the Arabs which is why the chapter of Soomaali began and the tragic death of Samaale
BTW our region is insignificant to the Muslim Ummah as we werent the ones welcoming the fleeing Sahabas it was the Christian habeshas whom were aforementioned and praised by the arabs till this day
The praises of Negashi

You might ask yourselfs what have somalis accomplished under the banner of Islam
Did we became more divisive segregated and secluded.
Ahmed Gran heritage is disputed with harari and oromo somalis like to claim anyone or could only be an individual

Somalis are they even aware their activities can lead them to kuffr
Some of you might attempt to debunk this with dhiigkaar

Last edited:

CaliTedesse

VIP
I met a Somali once.

I was at a store where my company has a contract, I'm by the door and this man walks in.

He sort of staggered in. He was black, he wasn't as tall as I figure Somalis would be, now that I think of it. His eyes were..... I'm not trying to sound like a corny 80's song but they really did remind me of like a lion or tiger. I think they were yellow, though. I think it's what's called jaundice, maybe.

Anyways, I think the man may have been drunk or on some form of intoxicants. He started talking to me and I couldn't really understand what he was saying. I think it was a slurred, intoxicated kind of speech. Maybe also he wasn't good at English. When he came in, I was talking to one of the workers and I had to pause to figure out what this guy wanted.

He showed me some sort of ID that said he was from Somalia. I have no idea why he's showing me the ID but apparently he's from Somalia.

Then he starts asking me for money. I don't give him anything, I don't remember if I had any money on me.

Then he starts to become kind of loud. I have zero desire to get in any kind of confrontation with this guy. I want this guy to not make a scene and I want to have this guy out of my way so I can finish talking to the worker.

He's getting loud so I think for a moment on how I can avoid there being a scene. I think. Then I say "Allahu Akbar".

His whole demeanor changed. I think this appeared to be some individual who unfortunately had become involved with some sort of intoxicants and was asking people for money.

I wanted him to be calm so I said "Allahu Akbar". Everything changed. His face lit up and suddenly he didn't care about asking for money or anything like that. Now this man was suddenly a servant of God trying to give me Dawah. I think he almost started crying. I could see Islam was everything to this man, even if there was some... not so good stuff covering up what he was really about. I think he was in some kind if haze but even if whatever state he was in.... suddenly this man was all about trying to give me Dawah and talk to me about Islam. Islam was that engrained in him, even then he's trying to give Dawah.

He went back outside and went back to being a mundane person. For a moment though, he wasn't mundane at all.
What a crazy story lol and you randomly saying Allahu Akbar out loud lol

Lum

رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا
«So here is the issue that needs to be clarified:Many people use the abbreviation “SAW,” “SAWS,” or “PBUH” to fulfill this obligation in their writing. Is this something that fulfills the obligation of sending the salaah and salaam on the Messenger? Let us look now to some of the statements of the scholars regarding this practice. The Permanent Committee of Scholars in Saudi Arabia headed by ‘Abdul-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abdillaah ibn Baaz issued the following verdict when asked about the validity of abbreviating the salaah on the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam): “The Sunnah is to write the entire phrase “sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam,” since it is a kind of supplication, and supplication is worship, (in one’s writing) just as it is in one’s speech. So to abbreviate it using the letter SAAD or the word SAAD-LAAM-‘AYN-MEEM is not a supplication nor is it worship, whether it occurs in speech or writing. For this reason, this abbreviation was not used by the the first three generations, those that the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam) testified to their goodness.” [8] “SAAD” and “SAAD-LAAM-‘AYN-MEEM” are often used in some Arabic books. The English equivalents of these abbreviations would be: SAW, SAWS, SAAWS, PBUH, and the likes. Al-Fayrooz-Abaadee said, “It is not appropriate to use symbols or abbreviations to refer to salaah and salaam, as some of the lazy ones do, as well as some ignorant people and even some students of knowledge – they write ‘SAAD-LAAM-‘AYN-MEEM’ instead of writing ‘sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam.'” [9] Ahmad Shaakir said, “It is the absurd tradition of some of the later generations that they abbreviate the writing of ‘sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam.'” [10] Wasee Allaah ‘Abbaas said, “It is not permissible to abbreviate the salaams in general in one’s writing, just as it is not permissible to abbreviate the salaah and salaam on the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam). It is also not permissible to abbreviate either of these in one’s speech.” [11] And Allaah knows best. May the most perfect and complete salaah and salaam be upon our beloved Messenger, and upon his noble family and companions.»
FOOTNOTES

[1] written by Moosaa Richardson

What's wrong with adhering to the teachins of islam? If anything,its admirable
See @Lum's post above in reply to you to see what's wrong with it.

Because one often gets past a certain threshold of religiosity whereby logic and common sense are replaced by robotic adherence to literal meaning of the Koran/Ahadith and/or a couple of people's understanding of it. It gets to a stage where you basically outsource your thinking to a Sheikh or two and his followers. This is largely the cause of many problems in the Muslim world today and accounts for the lack of progress.

Trending

Latest posts