Are Somalis happy with a simple life?

You don’t often see protests in Somalia demanding to improve their living standards, they don’t even demand much from their politicians.

The Arabs on the opposite get very violent when their living standards are threatened. Everyone else is concerned about economics, salaries and becoming richer.

If you go to Somalia you will see that people dont talk about why they are poor, and they look very happy eating canjeelo for breakfast and sleeping on the floor.

Ignorant populations (in South Sudan and Somalia) that are bedevilled by high illiteracy rates and tribal and clan divisions... are prone to the manipulations of their mis-leaders.

Populations that have never truly experienced widespread prosperity, political participation and a certain standard of competence from their political leaders, are not going to engage in constructive and fruitful political agitation.

The people must first be fed and provided with portable water and medicine; they must then be educated; then be given wealth; and finally be given power... and they will never accept to go back to how things were before.

A son can bear with equanimity the loss of his father, but the loss of his inheritance may drive him to despair. (Niccolo Machiavelli)

I can no longer obey; I have tasted command, and I cannot give it up. (Napoleon Bonaparte)

Our 'Governments' won't make the necessary changes because it benefits them to maintain this level of corruption, nepotism and incompetence.

I honestly believe that the people must create their own parallel Governments in all but name; they must create their own Ministries and Departments; their own Treasury; their own banks and enterprises; and their own schools and curriculums...

..And over a period of 30 years or so of gradual reforms, you would have captured the people; and be primed to capture the State -- once an educated, united, confident and wealthy middle-class has been established.

Last edited:

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
You don’t often see protests in Somalia demanding to improve their living standards, they don’t even demand much from their politicians.

The Arabs on the opposite get very violent when their living standards are threatened. Everyone else is concerned about economics, salaries and becoming richer.

If you go to Somalia you will see that people dont talk about why they are poor, and they look very happy eating canjeelo for breakfast and sleeping on the floor.
Why worry about things you to stupid to fix. As long if your local clan leader lives good everything is good :lolbron:
Relaxed Chill GIF

Last edited:
You can't demand something you have never experienced it before. The society must develop culutraly, educationly, wealthy wise. This is the mistake u.s made when they invaded iraq.

They were like ooo, we accupied germany and japan and they were able to recover quickly with a better system than before. Let's do that for iraq. 20 years letter, what do we have, shithole of shithole, home of isis, endless suciders. What did they learn from it?

culture is a byproduct of the nation's result. Results change the culture for the future. 30 years of shithole status somalia recieved might put some people in doubt. Is it a temproroty state and they havent achieved there pre-war stability or is this their culture and italian coloniezer were the ones that holding it together. Don't say " Oo iS ThE lEaDerS", the leaders came from the same population and they optimizing the factors that are present in the society. Qabilisim, forgein aid, working with alshabab, clan militas.

Lets say we build somalia, lets say we destroyed it again. What factors will makes recover this time much faster than before.

1. skills (what can you produce)
2. social choesion
3. expectation from goverment (requrires education)

Depending how strong are these points, you might become devleoped nation right away .

The problem with qabil is that, we all know qabil is what hinder the growth and we all agree on that. But, how would you trust this person that he is working for the interest of the nation rather than for his qabil. Until the people follow different model rather than qabil, the leaders will adjust to it and work diffently

Last edited:
@freedomrider

These are some of the posts I've written on the matter:

We can't just blame the politicians; a people’s government is more often than not a reflection of their society.

A Nation's elite don’t just drop out of the sky or manifest themselves from another dimension — they are us… even if they are a little more corrupt or a little more murderous.

It sounds a little extreme, but every child should be put into boarding schools in order to create a new society where morality, strength and intelligence take precedence; we should remove all the dysfunction inducing nonsense that prevails all over the continent.

I think the primary reason we don't progress as a continent is because we are philosophically deficient and have an inverted view of things; we want the State to change and for the people to follow suit -- instead of the other way round; we must change first and the State will follow.

There are no viable leaders; no saviours; no messiahs.

Based

VIP
Pretty much all Somalis want to immigrate to the west instead of building their country. Ask an ignorant young fob what they want to do for Somalia they will scoff at you

Pretty much all Somalis want to immigrate to the west instead of building their country. Ask an ignorant young fob what they want to do for Somalia they will scoff at you

They would feel different if the State at least gave back a little.

SonOfMaverick

"I don’t live in darkness, darkness lives in me."
No not really. :childplease:

Why do you think so many of them get tortured in Libya by the Arabs? They dream of living in the west because they are materialistic, so much so that they would endure all that. :comeon:

Ahmed Ato

Self-interest
i was having a conversation about Somalia with one of my friends and that dude doesn't even believe people have that much difficulty in life in Somalia. of course He and i are privileged since we are able to live abroad but i acknowledge that i have better life than most people in Somalia where he thinks most people back home are happy with their lives.
I even said to him that almost 90% of the people don't have good lives and he was mind boggled. he couldn't believe that stats.

Dude there are Somali people who live in the west that envy Somalis back home because they live in simple life, we don't even try to improve our lives at this point, Somalis somehow enjoy this reckless poor lifestyle, and it is becoming sad wallahi.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Mama malyun was saying on her latest video. She was demanding somalis to do protest and let their crappy govt to changes conditions. But what govt? Operating from a hut?

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
Reer baadiyo baan nahay, we got our sheep, camels, hut, food and we're good. Also everybody believes this life is temporary so hardships are part of life. Nobodies thinking about building skyscrapers and such.

Reer baadiyo baan nahay, we got our sheep, camels, hut, food and we're good. Also everybody believes this life is temporary so hardships are part of life. Nobodies thinking about building skyscrapers and such.
This is true most people not only live and baadiyo but prefer it to city life they consider desert life the true life

living in baadiyo isn’t like living in a agrarian society with rigid social hierarchies , Somali all are bosses and lords in the desert, it’s a very egalitarian society

Religious extremism is cancer. The whole "this world is nothing" thing keeps people at the bottom
Every gaal struggles his whole life or gets rich just to retire in the country side

also your statement is of your time and not historical accurate at all America was the most religious country in the world during its inception, it’s meteoric rise, and waning religiosity is a new trend you’re regurgitating

Trending