Are Somalis Ethno religous?

giphy.gif

Can someone explain to me why Somali Christians are still Somali? :kanyehmm: Before you go on a tirade I know some multi-generation ones. And from what I gather they got protection under qabil. Do you mind reconciling this identity politic exception?

If the Ex-Muslim Somali only applies to Atheist and recent converts to say Christianity. What of those born into Christianity and were the great grand children of orphans taken in by missionaries? I knew one lady like this who reverted back to Islam later in life despite being born into Christianity. I guess she became a born again Somali according to the logic. :lol:

Many who went to colonial schools in Muqdishu, which were adminstered by the roman catholic church, were invited to christianity. Their efforts to convert never got traction and somalis proved to be stabborn. Almost 50 years of proselytization produced one or two orphans at best who became neither christian nor muslim as adults.

The Italian church had struck a deal with Sheekh Uways in Southern Somalia back in those days to co-operate and work with them. Sayid Mohamed Abdulle Hassan heard of it and paid a visit :russ: I think the dervishes hanged Uways or something for getting into a deal with the Roman church and secretly spread christianity in the South.

The Italians did their best to introduce christianity into Somalis but all they got were maides to sleep with and few bastards. Siyad Barre then told these bastards to leave Somalia in 1969 or there abouts.

Somalis and Islam are inseparable. Somali nomads associate Christianity with stupidity. The idea that a white man worship makes sense to them is beyond belief. Islawayninka ayaa u diiday inay qof bani'aadam caabudaan.

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Many who went to colonial schools in Muqdishu, which were adminstered by the roman catholic church, were invited to christianity. Their efforts to convert never got traction and somalis proved to be stabborn. Almost 50 years of proselytization produced one or two orphans at best who became neither chrsitian nor muslim as adults.

The Italian church had struck a deal with Sheekh Uways in Southern Somalia back in those days to co-operate and work with them. Sayid Mohamed Abdulle heard of it and paid a visit :russ: I think the dervishes hanged Uways or something for getting into a deal with Roman church and secretly spread christianity in the South.

The Italians did their best to introduce christianity into Somalis but all they got were maides to sleep with and few bastards. Siyad Barre then told these bastards to leave Somalia in 1969 or there abouts.

Somalis and Islam are inseparable. Somali nomads asosciate Christianity with stupidity. The idea that a white man worship makes sense to them is beyond belief. Islawayninka yaa u diiday inay qof bani'aadam caabudaan.

The example I gave was not in Southern Somalia. It was in the North. And they were 100% Somali not mixed (that was forbidden by the locals).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The example I gave was not in Southern Somalia. It was in the North. And they were 100% Somali not mixed (that was forbidden). There was no half Engriska population. Anyway, the population was very small. Dare I say neglible.

Thanks to Sayid Mohamed putting a stop to any chance of spread of foreign religion in the North. His struggle against the colonials and their foot soldiers alerted somalis to the potential danger facing them. Same with the Eastern kingdom of Puntland back in those days who were in cahoots with the Italians. Sayid Mohamed didn't buy their fake Islaanimo and their cries of clan bigotry but marched on with those somalis who fought alongside him.

Without somalis fighting back against European colonization and sticking to their culture, from North to South, Somalis would have different religions today. That would have added to our tribal savagery but Thank God we don't have to deal with religious differences today.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Thanks to Sayid Mohamed putting a stop to any chance of spread of foreign religion in the North. His struggle against the colonials and their foot soldiers alerted somalis to the potential danger facing them. Same with the Eastern kingdom of Puntland back in those days who were in cahoots with the Italians. Sayid Mohamed didnt buy their fake Islaanimo and clan bigotry but marched on with those somalis who fought alongside him.

Without somalis fighting back against European colonization and sticking to their culture, from North to South, Somalis would have differtent religions today. That would ahve added to our tribal savagery but Thank God we don't have to deal with religious differences today.

I'm glad for the singular religion and cultural preservation. Just look at the AIDs rate in other African nations. And their shameless cadaan bootlicking.

I'm glad for the singular religion and cultural preservation. Just look at the AIDs rate in other African nations. And their shameless cadaan bootlicking.

Despite the poverty and lack of what is considered modern country, we are dignified because of our deep attachment to our roots and culture. Best thing about a somali from Somalia is the self-respect. No amount of money can buy that.

I love this thread. Keep fighting these gaals brothers and sisters.

I propose a compromise if you're Somali but not Muslim you may call yourself a Somalian but not Somali.

Thanks to Sayid Mohamed putting a stop to any chance of spread of foreign religion in the North. His struggle against the colonials and their foot soldiers alerted somalis to the potential danger facing them. Same with the Eastern kingdom of Puntland back in those days who were in cahoots with the Italians. Sayid Mohamed didn't buy their fake Islaanimo and their cries of clan bigotry but marched on with those somalis who fought alongside him.

Without somalis fighting back against European colonization and sticking to their culture, from North to South, Somalis would have different religions today. That would have added to our tribal savagery but Thank God we don't have to deal with religious differences today.
Sometimes I can't help but think Somalis are ungrateful. Allah loved us so much that he preserved our people and kept them 100% Muslim but what do we do in return? We disobey him and engage in acts of jahiliyah(qabyaalad,corruption).

May Allah guide us all🤲

I love this thread. Keep fighting these gaals brothers and sisters.

I propose a compromise if you're Somali but not Muslim you may call yourself a Somalian but not Somali.
Bro we should come up with an identity for these outcasts. I think I might make a thread on it.:cosbyhmm:

Trending

Latest posts