Are Somalis Ethno religous?

Nafiso Qalanjo

π–‚π–Š'π–—π–Š π–Œπ–”π–Žπ–“π–Œ 𝖙𝖔 π–œπ–†π–— π–‡π–†π–‡π–ž!
Would you consider an Somali Atheist to be Somali? Because I wouldnt. I belive Somalis are Ethno religous like the Amish, and Greeks etc. If you leave the deen your not Somali. Our idenity is just that deeply intertwined with our relgion.

Nafiso Qalanjo

An ex muslim is an ex-Somali. We shouldn't those who can't accept our own creator.
Somali ex muslims tend to be self haters anyways. I have been to r/xsomalian sub reddit. Its full of threads like " i wish i wasnt somali", and "Somalis are embaressing". Honestly it seems like they only cling to the Somali identiy to piss of muslim Somalis.

Nafiso Qalanjo

You know for a Somali forum i was quite suprised there are Somalis here who are quite open about being athiest. It seems like the norm for this forum smh.

Religion plays a major role in our identity. The first documentation of the word Somali was during the Adal-Abysinian war when the king of the habash was writing a letter to someone. That was when Islam had a huge grip on Somalida and most of us were Muslim. Our ethnogenesis as a Somali people happened because of Islam and that's because the only time our people ever united was when we were fighting against gaalo. The use of the word Somali increased during the colonial era when Somalis needed to unite to successfully fend off these invaders that wanted to make us subservient to them by conquering us and changing our religion.

When reading about wars that were fought by Somalis, most would consider them wars that were between native Somalis and foreigners, but the old Somalis didn't see it that way. They considered it a war between religions. That's why they addressed their enemies as Gaal Madow(Oromo, Xabash) and Gaal Cad(Portuguese, French, British, Italians) because what all these enemies all had in common was their intention of sabotaging and changing our way of life and a major facet of our identity.....our religion. One of the roots/base/foundations of the concept of Somalinimo is Islam, because Islam is the one that helped in unifying our people.

Now tell me, how can an apostate call himself Somali when he has abandoned such a major facet of our identity? A facet of our identity that was one of the main causes if not the main cause of our ethnogenesis as a people. A Somali that has abandoned Islam has also abandoned Somalinimo. Simple as that.

A non Muslim Somali is still Somali. How the f*ck can you turn against your own brethren over something like religion? WTF? You'll never see Ayyrabs choosing you over their non Muslim folk so why the hell should you? Somalis that say "YoU aInT sOmAli AnYmOrE" can f*ck off. 68 IQ begs :kodaksmiley:

Somali ex muslims tend to be self haters anyways. I have been to r/xsomalian sub reddit. Its full of threads like " i wish i wasnt somali", and "Somalis are embaressing". Honestly it seems like they only cling to the Somali identiy to piss of muslim Somalis.
they're behaviour certainly is

Nafiso Qalanjo

Religion plays a major role in our identity. The first documentation of the word Somali was during the Adal-Abysinian war when the king of the habash was writing a letter to someone. That was when Islam had a huge grip on Somalida and most of us were Muslim. Our ethnogenesis as a Somali people happened because of Islam and that's because the only time our people ever united was when we were fighting against gaalo. The use of the word Somali increased during the colonial era when Somalis needed to unite to successfully fend off these invaders that wanted to make us subservient to them by conquering us and changing our religion.

When reading about wars that were fought by Somalis, most would consider them wars that were between native Somalis and foreigners, but the old Somalis didn't see it that way. They considered it a war between religions. That's why they addressed their enemies as Gaal Madow(Oromo, Xabash) and Gaal Cad(Portuguese, French, British, Italians) because what all these enemies all had in common was their intention of sabotaging and changing our way of life and a major facet of our identity.....our religion. One of the roots/base/foundations of the concept of Somalinimo is Islam, because Islam is the one that helped in unifying our people.

Now tell me, how can an apostate call himself Somali when he has abandoned such a major facet of our identity? A facet of our identity that was one of the main causes if not the main cause of our ethnogenesis as a people. A Somali that has abandoned Islam has also abandoned Somalinimo. Simple as that.
Although there is nothing wrong with your answer. You shouldnt really have a say in our debates since your not Somali. :camby:

Most of them hate that they are considered outcasts. They don't belong anywhere. Somalis don't want them and the gaalo they like booty clapping for don't want their black ass either. That's why they hate it when Somalis strip them away of their previous identity. They hate being an out cast and not belonging anywhere.

Why do you think people @DR OSMAN try their hardest to push the secular agenda? It's because they're looking for a place to belong. They have been out casted by both Somalis and gaalo and the only thing they can do is change the Somali community in order for them to experience the warmth of belonging and the warmth of a loving community.

A non Muslim Somali is still Somali. How the f*ck can you turn against your own brethren over something like religion? WTF? You'll never see Ayyrabs choosing you over their non Muslim folk so why the hell should you? Somalis that say "YoU aInT sOmAli AnYmOrE" can f*ck off. 68 IQ begs :kodaksmiley:

Brethren kulaha. Someone that turns their back on Allah should not be welcomed by the community. What good will it achieve? Only fitna and isku dir. We have enough issues as a comnunity and openly traitorous people will remain a none factor for us. Take it how you like Islam before anything else.

An ajnabi muslim is more closer to me then a murtad ever will be.

Last edited:
Although there is nothing wrong with your answer. You shouldnt really have a say in our debates since your not Somali. :camby:
Chill macaanto. I'm full Somali from the noble line of Majerteen. I was just trolling on that other thread. I had a good laugh yesterday.

Since this shit went into the qashin. I'M JUST GONNA COME OUT BY SAYING:

Thanks for giving me a laugh. Trolling as an Carab was fun lol:pachah1::pachah1::russ:

I never knew it was that easy to get us this riled up.

Nafiso Qalanjo

Ex muslim spotted:whoo:

Always bringing arabs in their conversations to try to make "a point". :stopit:
News flash!!! we dont give a f*ck about what arabs do or not. We arent dying for their approval. :hillarybiz:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Ex muslim spotted:whoo:
Always bringing arabs in their conversations to try to make "a point". :stopit:
News flash!!! we dont give a f*ck about what arabs do or not. We arent dying for their approval. :hillarybiz:

Plus Islams core tenants is older than existence Arabs/Jews etc

Trending