Are Somalis Black?

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
There's Somalis that look Madow, and Somalis that look Indian/Arab. Most of us fall in the middle. We're black. You can't tell me a Somali with a giant afro and thick hair with dark skin isn't black because his nose is slightly thinner lol

Tell me these people don't look black

View attachment 110156
Somalis are black no denying it. It’s embarrassing to see people argue against it.

The majority of Cushites especially Somalis do have thin and small noses Lol.
Majority of us don't have a thin tall nose, I think it's just highlighted cus we stand out from other Africans. Anyone who travelled all across Somalia can see that most people have medium sized to Madow-ish noses. Tall and thin noses are minority.

Majority of us don't have a think tall nose, I think it's just highlighted cus we stand out from other Africans. Anyone who travelled all across Somalia can see that most people have medium sized to Madow-ish noses. Tall and thin noses are minority.
Not true. Majority of Somalis have thin or button noses. Long aquiline noses are rare and so are wide/Madow noses.

Yes :)

635699107774953417-Somali-Independence-Gallery-10.JPG
All I see is dark skin Caucasians

Yes that's why I initially said we have one of the thinnest noses outside of Europe.
ok but defo not among the thinnest outside of Europe. There's Arabian countries, north Africa, and certain parts of Asia like Eurasia that have higher frequencies of thinner noses but yh I agree.

Racist euro anthropologists themselves already claimed us as white. If we go by their definitions of who's black, we are not black.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I really don’t understand why some Somalis typically on the Internet are super proud of having thin noses or soft hair like it’s genetic lottery or something. Nothing is wrong with being black, having thin or bigger nose, soft or hard hair etc, those all part of the human family features that will all turn to dust one day. Instead of taking pride on how close u are to white or arab people, take pride in what u have, how u look and most importantly how u treat other people :)

I really don’t understand why some Somalis typically on the Internet are super proud of having thin noses or soft hair like it’s genetic lottery or something. Nothing is wrong with being black, having thin or bigger nose, soft or hard hair etc, those all part of the human family features that will all turn to dust one day. Instead of taking pride on how close u are to white or arab people, take pride in what u have, how u look and most importantly how u treat other people :)
Why shouldn't we take pride in it Lol? I'm sure people with 4c hair and wide noses are proud of their features Lol. We have the right to be proud of our features as anybody does.

Why shouldn't we take pride in it Lol? I'm sure people with 4c hair and wide noses are proud of their features Lol. We have the right to be proud of our features as anybody does.
The difference is that Somalis are "proud" of those features cus it differentiates them from other blacks and many times use them as a step to feel superior. That's what @Jiron was trying to say.

Trending

Latest posts