Are Somalis bad savers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Verified tell us what u do with your money

I'm in a grind-phase at the moment, so working and saving are my priorities. I put some lacaag into a relative's farm in a tuulo, sent over some seeds that can grow drought-resistant crops, and got them a water pump.

Agriculture is a good place to start (if you have relatives with fertile farms/land).

**With respect to the west, I'm contributing the maximum amount I can into an RRSP, then using that fund to purchase a home iA.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I'm in a grind-phase at the moment, so working and saving are my priorities. I put some lacaag into a relative's farm in a tuulo, sent over some seeds that can grow drought-resistant crops, and got them a water pump.

Agriculture is a good place to start (if you have relatives with fertile farms/land).

**With respect to the west, I'm contributing the maximum amount I can into an RRSP, then using that fund to purchase a home iA.

Mashalaaha. I wish you luck in your endeavor. Help Somalia and yourself at the same time!

The only money i save is , emergency for 3 months incase of no income. that's about it lol

Mashalaaha. I wish you luck in your endeavor. Help Somalia and yourself at the same time!

The only money i save is , emergency for 3 months incase of no income. that's about it lol

That's smart, I should work on getting a 1-month emergency fund lol. You must have pretty conservative spending habits. What do you spend on the most?

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
That's smart, I should work on getting a 1-month emergency fund lol. You must have pretty conservative spending habits. What do you spend on the most?

I listen to Christian radio, they have a conservative spending series where they give advice on financial plan. My God, if anyone is in the USA should listen to this show. It is truly amazing. Its called faith radio. They give u advice from what is CD to 401k to always reminding it is a SIN to take credit cards etc etc live within your means.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I spend on your clothes dont shop that often but when i do, its expensive and these clothes last me sometimes 10 years. :) So that means i am walking around with quality and shot 2 or 3 times a year

I listen to Christian radio, they have a conservative spending series where they give advice on financial plan. My God, if anyone is in the USA should listen to this show. It is truly amazing. Its called faith radio. They give u advice from what is CD to 401k to always reminding it is a SIN to take credit cards etc etc live within your means.

Goes to show you can find financial advice anywhere! It would be nice to have similar programs within the Muzlamic demographic as well; or even a Somali Business/Investment Channel.

Lol, you must be rocking brands like Fendi then. Yeah, a $700 coat that lasts 10 years is cheaper than a $90 coat you replace every year.

Mashallah that's good man. That farm will make money and employ family members. Good idea.

One thing I realise when it comes to family back home,it is the ones you give money to every month the are the ones that don't do well because they have a safety net which makes them lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending