Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Idk

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I just want some tacos 🌮

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters

Epi

I’m not a little kid
Somalis parents don't like paying taxes and invest abroad. The younger generation have the opposite mentality and are looking to invest where they are.

We are highly educated and will be dominating many high earning fields in a few years time. Anytime I go to a hospital its full of Somali doctors, nurses, pharmacists, radiographers etc.
Anytime I go to Minneapolis I find that most Somalis live in public housing there. There are whole buildings that mostly Somalis occupy that are you guessed it public housing.

Last edited:

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
Imagine escaping war, with 0 in your pocket to come to the West, only to have another sell out Somali pose idiotic questions like this on the internet to try compare you to other established/well off ethnicities.

Fix up.
This is a very poor excuse. Everyone has seen how the first generation Vietnamese, Afghans, Latinas, Lebanese refugees and the likes opened their trades and small shops everywhere.

You want to hear the worst part about this? They started it straight from the bottom through blood and sweat to the top after they settled to the West from their shithole countries with nothing in their pocket.

The Somalis and certain African ethnicities on the other hand? Welfare and social housing dependents, nothing else. The ones who actually work hard to become self sufficient are the minority, sadly.

Epi

I’m not a little kid
Imagine escaping war, with 0 in your pocket to come to the West, only to have another sell out Somali pose idiotic questions like this on the internet to try compare you to other established/well off ethnicities.

Fix up.
There are many ethnicities that have fled war with 0 in there pockets and are doing well. Why are Somalis still on benefits in the West?

Somalis are low income for several reasons.

Most Somalis looked down on manual labour jobs when they were in Somalia so they came into Europe, unskilled and many carried certifications which were not recognised.
This means Somali parents had to start from the bottom.

Arabs/Asians usually have manual labour skills and they also invest back into the country they inhabit. Meanwhile Somalis like to save and build homes/businesses in Somalia.

We need to work hard on reversing the stigma against manual labour if we want to become competitive in the marketplace.

Epi

I’m not a little kid
Somalis are low income for several reasons.

Most Somalis looked down on manual labour jobs when they were in Somalia so they came into Europe, unskilled and many carried certifications which were not recognised.
This means Somali parents had to start from the bottom.

Arabs/Asians usually have manual labour skills and they also invest back into the country they inhabit. Meanwhile Somalis like to save and build homes/businesses in Somalia.

We need to work hard on reversing the stigma against manual labour if we want to become competitive in the marketplace.
At least your recognizing the problem. Many people on this forum are sugar coating it

At least your recognizing the problem. Many people on this forum are sugar coating it

Even Somali butcher shops or cafes etc, show signs of unprofessionalism and lack of skill.
They are doing their best, bless them but they need to learn the skills in order to succeed.

Somalis think they can do everything through "indho adeeyg" but our other qaxooti counterparts are more patient and professional.

Alluring

Sayonara
Definitely, parents tend to take unskilled jobs that pay little. They then use whatever income they make and send it back home, and many live off benefits/welfare instead.

I don't mind the parents odd work ethic because it rebuilds their country. But, this neglects their children, all that money could be used as resources to help further their kids but they don't use it like that.

Gen Z is a complete mess and it doesn't help that they have uneducated parents not even attempting to guide them. Many don't value education because their parents never put value in it unlike other communities. Yes, we have doctors and engineers but they are the 1%. I've seen so many kids who got scholarships through it down the trash by switching majors each time it gets "hard" and eventually end up in something useless. They learned this shitty work ethic from their parents.

Anytime I go to Minneapolis I find that most Somalis live in public housing there. There are whole buildings that mostly Somalis occupy that are you guessed it public housing.

I agree with you but I was talking about a generational shift. Young Somalis raised in the west are educated, more ambitious then our parents generations were. I don't think this underformance will continue generation after generatioal

In the London one of the most improved demographic in education are Somalis. Practically every Somali kid gets tutored and go on to achieve good results.

Most of my Somali peers are university graduates with good jobs. The next generation will be able to build on this.

Gambar

VIP
Maryooley love lying to themselves. Somalis visibly do all the shitty jobs all in the west, those that can be bothered to work that is. You will see 50 bus drivers/security guards and 50 care worker xalimos before you see 1 doctor lol. Whats even more shocking is that over half of the boys do shit in school or dont finish at all. Most of genz aint gonna produce no upstanding people either.

Exactly. All these excuses lol. Oh i live in public housing but i have a couple plots in xamar tho tf. This stingy ness from the parents saving for back home and blowing their ayuto money on pointless dhaqan celis trips is one of the reason why so many sell drugs imo.
Maryooley yaa ku baray?

The first step to solve any problem is to acknowledge that there is a problem,
I'm glad to see some of us do acknowledge the problem instead of deflecting it.
what Somali communities in west need is leadership and unity most of all , we are all altogether, live right next to each other, yet so divided, you rarely see anyone trying to solve the real problems we're facing here in the west as a community, all the focus and energy is on what's going on back home , the clan politics /clan rivalries ,my tuulo your tuulo...
let's just hope more of us will see the light and change will come some day

This is a very poor excuse. Everyone has seen how the first generation Vietnamese, Afghans, Latinas, Lebanese refugees and the likes opened their trades and small shops everywhere.

You want to hear the worst part about this? They started it straight from the bottom through blood and sweat to the top after they settled to the West from their shithole countries with nothing in their pocket.

The Somalis and certain African ethnicities on the other hand? Welfare and social housing dependents, nothing else. The ones who actually work hard to become self sufficient are the minority, sadly.
You seem to be severely misinformed saxib. First of all you possess absolutely 0 data to back up your claims that we are actually the "lowest earners" vs those groups. The Vietnamese for example, are way wealthier than the average Somali and have cities that can't be compared to no city in Somalia today. Their capital city Hanoi is miles more developed than Mogadishu today.

Now I suggest you take your ignorant crap elsewhere. Also, just because you receive welfare, does not mean every single Somali is and on top of that we Somalis are the only diaspora out of those groups that invest back into our home countries (go check the numbers of how much we send back) and have a lot of dependants to feed back home. We are also the only group to majorly want to return home when things get better thus we are not tying ourselves to the West as much as these other groups.

"The Somalis and certain African ethnicities on the other hand? Welfare and social housing dependents, nothing else. The ones who actually work hard to become self sufficient are the minority, sadly." :westbrookwtf:

LMAO. The biggest receivers of various welfare programs in America for example ARE WHITE.

Medicaid: 43% of receivers White, 18% Black.
Food Stamps: 36.2% of receivers White, 25.6 percent Black.

Now with info, please fix your self hatred and better yourself if you are personally lacking and stop feeling inferior to the White as it clearly shows. I suggest you maybe find free community courses to help your prospects in escaping welfare.

Epi

I’m not a little kid
Definitely, parents tend to take unskilled jobs that pay little. They then use whatever income they make and send it back home, and many live off benefits/welfare instead.

I don't mind the parents odd work ethic because it rebuilds their country. But, this neglects their children, all that money could be used as resources to help further their kids but they don't use it like that.

Gen Z is a complete mess and it doesn't help that they have uneducated parents not even attempting to guide them. Many don't value education because their parents never put value in it unlike other communities. Yes, we have doctors and engineers but they are the 1%. I've seen so many kids who got scholarships through it down the trash by switching majors each time it gets "hard" and eventually end up in something useless. They learned this shitty work ethic from their parents.
You seem to be severely misinformed saxib. First of all you possess absolutely 0 data to back up your claims that we are actually the "lowest earners" vs those groups. The Vietnamese for example, are way wealthier than the average Somali and have cities that can't be compared to no city in Somalia today. Their capital city Hanoi is miles more developed than Mogadishu today.

Now I suggest you take your ignorant crap elsewhere. Also, just because you receive welfare, does not mean every single Somali is and on top of that we Somalis are the only diaspora out of those groups that invest back into our home countries (go check the numbers of how much we send back) and have a lot of dependants to feed back home. We are also the only group to majorly want to return home when things get better thus we are not tying ourselves to the West as much as these other groups.

"The Somalis and certain African ethnicities on the other hand? Welfare and social housing dependents, nothing else. The ones who actually work hard to become self sufficient are the minority, sadly." :westbrookwtf:

LMAO. The biggest receivers of various welfare programs in America for example ARE WHITE.

Medicaid: 43% of receivers White, 18% Black.
Food Stamps: 36.2% of receivers White, 25.6 percent Black.

Now with info, please fix your self hatred and better yourself if you are personally lacking and stop feeling inferior to the White as it clearly shows. I suggest you maybe find free community courses to help your prospects in escaping welfare.
Of course the biggest receivers of welfare in the US are white people. Most people living in the US are white. Have you ever gone to Minneapolis? They have gigantic building filled up with Somalis that are public housing. The amount of welfare we receive is absolutely ridiculous. When I see Somalis pull out their wallet most of the times there is an EBT card in there. We have been in the west for 3 DECADES now. You have to acknowledge our problem at least.

Of course the biggest receivers of welfare in the US are white people. Most people living in the US are white. Have you ever gone to Minneapolis? They have gigantic building filled up with Somalis that are public housing. The amount of welfare we receive is absolutely ridiculous. When I see Somalis pull out their wallet most of the times there is an EBT card in there. We have been in the west for 3 DECADES now. You have to acknowledge our problem at least.
I am not a US Somali but I am from Europe. I am personally just over my first decade here whilst majority of other ethnicities came a long time before we did. Welfare with nothing going on for you is bad but over here that is not the case. Also, Queen Elizabeth is on welfare, and majority of American wealth is stolen and built upon the backs of slaves. The first Wall Street shares and bets were on slave ships going to the Americas. They used to bet on which ship will make it.

I am very intelligent and not a nacas unlike some people on here. Considering all that and more; The biggest per capita welfare receivers and beneficiaries are White people. The amount of hand outs they benefit from generationally is a drop in the ocean compared to Somalis.

Epi

I’m not a little kid
I am not a US Somali but I am from Europe. I am personally just over my first decade here whilst majority of other ethnicities came a long time before we did. Welfare with nothing going on for you is bad but over here that is not the case. Also, Queen Elizabeth is on welfare, and majority of American wealth is stolen and built upon the backs of slaves. The first Wall Street shares and bets were on slave ships going to the Americas. They used to bet on which ship will make it.

I am very intelligent and not a nacas unlike some people on here. Considering all that and more; The biggest per capita welfare receivers and beneficiaries are White people. The amount of hand outs they benefit from generationally is a drop in the ocean compared to Somalis.

Even if the biggest receivers of welfare are whites, why should we care? Your clearly excusing our addiction to welfare in the west

Most Somalis came to the west in the last 3 decades, we'll have to wait and see in the next couple of decades to see big changes since most adults don't even know proper English.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
I know few friends and colleagues of mine who are currently residing in the West, before they migrated they were working around the clock tirelessly , working hard breaking their back to survive in this harsh unforgivable world, when they returned here on vacation , many of us folks reconnected with them , exchanging stories, but I saw a whole different characters and personalities , their miskeenimo turned into arrogance and condescending at us , yaab

They kept calling us peasants , bragging about their so called "Tier statuses and Passports ", they kept saying their state covers their insurances and living expenses , while never lifting a finger.
They were Iskaabulo men and now they have 11 children and more , they use their kids as a stock exchange, the more kid he has the more welfare they get from the government. So yeah in some sense
I do feel sorry for their kids , their parents are neglecting them and using allocating that money for selfish purposes.
Pathetic tbh , they are spoiled

I know few friends and colleagues of mine who are currently residing in the West, before they migrated they were working around the clock tirelessly , working hard breaking their back to survive in this harsh unforgivable world, when they returned here on vacation , many of us folks reconnected with them , exchanging stories, but I saw a whole different characters and personalities , their miskeenimo turned into arrogance and condescending at us , yaab

They kept calling us peasants , bragging about their so called "Tier statuses and Passports ", they kept saying their state covers their insurances and living expenses , while never lifting a finger.
They were Iskaabulo men and now they have 11 children and more , they use their kids as a stock exchange, the more kid he has the more welfare they get from the government. So yeah in some sense
I do feel sorry for their kids , their parents are neglecting them and using allocating that money for selfish purposes.
Pathetic tbh , they are spoiled
You reap what you sow. The parents who invested in their kids will see the benefits. Those who haven’t will see otherwise. I could understand welfare and housing as a stepping stone to a better future. But to still be on it after 30 years is embarazzing.

A lot of us have developed a victim mentality courtesy of SJW hood. We need to acknowledge the problem in order to do better.

Epi

I’m not a little kid
You reap what you sow. The parents who invested in their kids will see the benefits. Those who haven’t will see otherwise. I could understand welfare and housing as a stepping stone to a better future. But to still be on it after 30 years is embarazzing.

A lot of us have developed a victim mentality courtesy of SJW hood. We need to acknowledge the problem in order to do better.
I see Somalis who have the AUDACITY to brag about their homes which are payed for by the government. I had a friend when I was younger that lived in a condo. It turns about that her parents had a ton of kids so they would get a bigger house. Somalis aren’t even ashamed to be on welfare:mindblown:

Well it depends on when your parents got here and how they got here (here=the west) because as refugees they already tied one hand to your back since u can’t legally work till u have residency and a lot of Somalis came to non English speaking countries which also difficult since they had to the language first to find proper work and with the work inflation it’s hard to find good paying work. My mum had the privilege to study at an Italian university after high school in Somalia. So for her it was easier to find good paying work

I see Somalis who have the AUDACITY to brag about their homes which are payed for by the government. I had a friend when I was younger that lived in a condo. It turns about that her parents had a ton of kids so they would get a bigger house. Somalis aren’t even ashamed to be on welfare:mindblown:
Well it depends on when your parents got here and how they got here (here=the west) because as refugees they already tied one hand to your back since u can’t legally work till u have residency and a lot of Somalis came to non English speaking countries which also difficult since they had to the language first to find proper work and with the work inflation it’s hard to find good paying work. My mum had the privilege to study at an Italian university after high school in Somalia. So for her it was easier to find good paying work

I think after 3 decades in the west, we should be doing way better. The next generation will have a haves and have nots. It’s already happening where successful Somalis are together and those that aren’t are left behind. We’re becoming more western as time moves on.